Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC? (The Finals)

Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's a really big guy, I don't think he'd be a mobile boxer if he had gone at it full time, do you?
Not just boxing but also Olympic Judo. He would be the most mobile. Some would say "mobilest". He is one of the smallest MWs ever! He can probably fight at his natural weight class of LW. Did you know he fought former HW and LHW Rich Franklin?

I did, Yan did more concussive damage.

Why don't you show the part where Yan landed the most damaging shot of the fight, a hook counter that hurt Sean bad?

Also, that was a flash knockodwn.
It didn't look he got knocked down so much as he just failed on a half-assed shot.

I'm shocked as to how Perreira has made it this far. I love his fighting style but he's a kick boxer. He has great skills with the hands but he isn't close to Poirier, Holloway, and OMalley levels.

Its funny when watching some of Alex's kick boxing fights and the commentators mentioned how one kickboxer said Alex is just a boxer fighting in kickboxing. Now Alex isn't a boxer according to shertards? LMAO

I have to remember to bump this after Hill ko's Poatan.

image.gif.1faa3e6cd9443516b9aceeba1f2287cc.gif

O'Malley is huge for BW and Yan is probably the smallest ranked BW.
There was a 13 cm reach difference, for fucks sake.
I do agree that O'Malley is a top boxer, though.
He improved a lot.

On-topic:
It's 20 to 20 for Poirier vs Pereira. No idea who to vote.
A top MMA fighter in Poirier, but who never seemed like a great boxer to me, just a good one.
Or a double champion in MMA (with an easy path to both titles, would probably get wrestled easily by Ankalaev), double champion in boxing (no comment), but who seems to lack some boxing fundamentals... but hey, he managed to become double champ in 2 sports.
Shit, I will go with Pereira.

Omalley is not that huge. Average weight cutter in the division. He is long. Different body types. Nothing to be outraged about as you pretend.

Pereira is as pure kickboxer as you can get.
To pick him for better boxer especifically is a bit retard. Definitely better candidates

People are too high on Pereira right now to have this discussion.

Great fighter, great attitude, but he's not the best boxer.

Dustin and its not even close. Alex is primarily a leg kicker, his game revolves around leg kicks and knees.
I'm a fan but Pereira isn't even on the list of best all-time kickboxers, us MMA fans only consider him this because we clearly aren't kickboxing fans. at least most of us.
Not trying to sound too mad, I get that Pereira gets extra hype because he comes from a sport few watch, but it does get pretty old hearing this all the time, lol.
Alex uses leg kicks to draws out aggression so he can detonate his left hook on his opponents chin. He may not be the GOAT kickboxer, but he is top tier and has plus skills in most areas. To disregard this means you’ve never seriously trained or competed in the striking arts and are ignorant to what you’re seeing.
The man has an unbelievable highlight reel of KO’s with both fists. He’s great at parrying and throws crisp body jabs to set up his nuclear left. Ask Strickland.
If you’re gonna act like some expert, at least attempt to be objectively accurate with your statements.

Omalley is not that huge. Average weight cutter in the division. He is long. Different body types. Nothing to be outraged about as you pretend.

He is 180 cm tall.
He was skinny at first, but now it seems that he put more muscle mass.
How many 180 cm tall BWs are there?
Yes, aware of the fact that frame, and not only height, matters.
But again, he is not a skinny boy anymore.

It has gotten a popularity contest...

Alex who overthrows nearly everything and then is off balance
Drops his hands after throwing
Not a stiff jab
Footwork of a kickboxer, stance of a kickboxer
Open to right hands all day
Head movement could be way better

Alex wins the best kickboxer, ok
Alex winning the best boxer? Retarded

I'm shocked as to how Perreira has made it this far. I love his fighting style but he's a kick boxer. He has great skills with the hands but he isn't close to Poirier, Holloway, and OMalley levels.

Holloway is definitely worthy of whining about. He has only absorbed more head strikes than anyone else in UFC history, proving his unparalleled defensive skills.

And he is definitely a better boxer than the guy who won 12 out of 15 rounds against him, with 2 of the rounds Holloway won being virtue of the classic pure boxing techniques known as head kicks.

omalley easy

wut
good standup doesnt mean good boxing
neither of these two are boxers, come on

Back