• Shawn Kemp

• Desmond Mason

• Harold Miner

• Larry Nance

• Jason Richardson

• Dominque Wilkins

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Peyton was the sickest dodgeball player I've ever scene, though. If you watched Battle of the Gridiron Stars, you know.

I voted Carter.
Haven't seen it.. worth checking out?

Vince all the way.

He is the head of the grand council made up of Wilkins, Kemp, Jordan, Pippen and a few other greats I've forgotten about.

Carter and 2nd is over a mile away..

One of the best little men to do it though was Kevin Johnson

kevin-johnson-dunks-on-olajuwon.gif

kj.jpg

kevin-johnson-straddle-o.gif

Stevie Franchise

oie_j4pYhHsfkoWA.gif

tumblr_nqrof3oqlI1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Baron Davis

tumblr_mxcndbBaL21qcmnsoo3_r1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Can't believe he isn't on the list and almost a full page before being mentionined.

What he have, like a 50 inch vertical?

46 or 48" IIRC. I thought the story was that 'Nique had the same vertical as Spud Webb.

I had an SI in high school with a behind the backboard pic of 'nique dunking and I think he was looking down at the rim.

Speaking of crazy verticals, David Thompson is going to get left out (thanks cocaine!) but he could grab a coin off the top of the backboard --- in reality that was bullshit.

46 or 48" IIRC. I thought the story was that 'Nique had the same vertical as Spud Webb.

I had an SI in high school with a behind the backboard pic of 'nique dunking and I think he was looking down at the rim.

Speaking of crazy verticals, David Thompson is going to get left out (thanks cocaine!) but he could grab a coin off the top of the backboard --- in reality that was bullshit.

Ronnie Fields was serious business too before his car accident

Ronnie Fields was serious business too before his car accident

Are the street ball legends still a thing? Strikes me as something that was gold in the 80s and 90s but now the guys who have their shit together and are backed by Nike from age 10, AAU, and do camps 365 are just a lot better than the guys who hang out at the court and drink.

Are the street ball legends still a thing? Strikes me as something that was gold in the 80s and 90s but now the guys who have their shit together and are backed by Nike from age 10, AAU, and do camps 365 are just a lot better than the guys who hang out at the court and drink.

Not that i know of. And 1 used to have an ESPN deal but I haven't seen one of those in 10 years. They don't even bother showing replays. AAu is kind of fahing too. These kids are going to private facilities now and working out with NBA dudes. Shoe companies are footing the bills.

Obligatory streetball highlight since Skip is probably my best friend out of all the athletes I know:

Notice who his shoes are signed by. His favorite player

Let me go into my closet. I'll shoot you a few pics of some cool stuff on Skip including his jersey from the Rockets 22 game win streak

Vince is the GOAT but Scottie Pippen deserves an honorable mention.
200.gif

giphy.gif

scottie-pippen-dunk.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nwan11l91V1sdydefo1_500.gif

oie_FY7pEuR7MLNw.gif

Kobe is an even bigger WTF imo
No, Kobe was unbelievable in his early years. He and Lebron aren't on the same planet as dunkers.
No Spud Webb? He's shorter than me too. @cedented

nba-slam-dunk-contest-michael-jordan-spud-webb-2146620386.jpg
Doing basic dunks that you see in high school practices everywhere doesn't make you one of the greatest dunkers of all time. It just makes you one of the shortest dunkers of all time.

Sorry, devil is in the details.

Voted Jordan but VC probably has the single best dunk in a game and the best dunk contest performance.

Richardson and Carter if we're talking dunk contests only, but Wilkins overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back