Who's the best soccer player in the world ?

I saw a documentary of his where his own youth coaches at Sporting state that while obviously good, there was nothing to indicate he'd be an all-time great even when he was already 17-18 years old. And even when he first got to United he was seen as a flashy, skilled, but not truly good player. But he worked his ass off and became a beast.
Being a Sporting fan and having seen Ronaldo play since he was 17, I can confirm it. He was a flashy winger with some technique, but wasn't seen as a possible world class player. Ricardo Quaresma, another player formed in the Sporting academy, was (is) way better in terms of technique and creativity. The difference was clearly that Ronaldo kept improving through the years because of his hard work and started peaking quite late, while others seemed to reach their talent potential early and never bothered to climb higher.

I really wonder what a "motivated" Ronaldinho or even a Balotelli could do if they had a hard working mentality.

Good for us, football fans, Messi is blessed with amazing talent and seems to live for football. He's a quiet guy not known for his flashiness outside the stadiums and maintains his focus on football year after year

today - Messi, C. Ronaldo and Mbbapé

I always felt like zidane was the best when he played. He could just control the entire game and make magical moves passes etc regularly like it was nothing

And Zidane himself said R9 was the best he ever seen.

R9 and Ronaldinho are my all-time favorites.

Both of them were pure magic.

Nah.

My top 5 would be Messi, Benzema, Neymar, Mbappe, De Bruyne. Crazy that 3 of them play together.

Why is Messi still top 5 when CR7 isn't? Last year CR7 was way better statistically on a shittier team and his not barely being used this year because of the transfer attempt/issue/drama. You replace Messi with Ronaldo on that PSG team and he'll be doing just as well if not better.

Just saying both are the elites of the elites riding off into the sunset.

Why is Messi still top 5 when CR7 isn't? Last year CR7 was way better statistically on a shittier team and his not barely being used this year because of the transfer attempt/issue/drama. You replace Messi with Ronaldo on that PSG team and he'll be doing just as well if not better.

Just saying both are the elites of the elites riding off into the sunset.
Messi regained his form for PSG and internationally. In 13 PSG starts he has 7 goals and 10 assists. Playing in more of a playmaker role and not a false 9, so the goals will be down from his barca years. Last year was a disaster, but he has found his footing now.

Ronaldo has struggled to get on the field. When he has gotten time it has been underwhelming. There is a question to if any top club will take him in the new transfer window on a free. Maybe Napoli, maybe Sporting.

While the goal stats indicate a good year last year, having watched all those games as a Utd supporter, he really disappeared the 2nd half of the season, maybe that was due to trauma from his child dying. And he is a liability in defense.

Still love the man, but he is fading. He can still contribute, depending on the role, the set up, how he is used, and his willingness to take a huge wage cut.

Last edited:
Ronaldo has been retired since like 15-20 years but i agree he were great. Especially when he played for Barcelona and Inter. And of course the brazilian national team.

Probably the best striker this game has ever seen. So sad his career went short cus of his knee injuries.
There’s only one Ronaldo and I’m not referring to the fat fragile can you are.

Back