Who's the Michael Jordan equivalent of boxing?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
MJ is known to be the GOAT of basketball, not only be the fans, media, analysts, but also his peers. Even guys who came before MJ like Magic Johnson, is so vocal about Jordan being the greatest ever.

Who's the MJ of boxing?

Sugar Ray Robinson/Joe Louis/Muhammad Ali. totally different types of people though but all "thouroughbreds" as Michael Jordan once desribed himself. MJ was a great champion so, I don't think we've had anyone like that in boxing in quite awhile. Someone who's physical gifts were matched or exceeded by their intangilbes. as a man, MJ is not in Ali or Louis' league.

Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu-Jitsu.

since MJ is retired I'd say Floyd Mayweather Jr. stats vs punch stats. MJ was more offensively aggressive to the paint in the first phase of MJ. As was Mayweather with KOs and winning lineals. Then post MJ would shoot outside the perimeter with a ridiculous perimeter shot and fade away jumpers. I don't recall any NBA players that per game made an average on fade away jumpers ala accuracy to double digits. that's insane considering that's a post Jordan! Therefore, post Mayweather was the infamous pull counter, and straight cross or right hand that always landed on opponents making mistakes. the fact that casuals think the sweet science can't be destructive as such to see that a fighter can nit pick mistakes at an elite level is ATG masterminds in combat. Mayweather Jr.'s compubox was always number 1 too post FLoyd.

''You Reach, I Teach!''

ea5e8227d908daf4c1a49f61a41e8717.jpg

01-2.jpg

I don't think there is one, but the closest I've seen is probably Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali or Roy Jones, Jr. Michael Jordan is a special case of dominance, only really ever being challenged by Lebron James' performances; I don't think there are many 'MJs' of other sports.

Ali was , biggest name in boxing inspired many

Guys who reach that level aren't the "(insert name) of anything". Their names stand all on their own without having to be compared to someone from another sport.

People used to say Terry Norris was the MJ of boxing. I don’t know if that is accurate or not because I’ve never watched MJ play basketball.

People used to say Terry Norris was the MJ of boxing. I don’t know if that is accurate or not because I’ve never watched MJ play basketball.
How?
Everyone has seen MJ play. People who didnt watch basketball would watch MJ.

MJ is known to be the GOAT of basketball, not only be the fans, media, analysts, but also his peers. Even guys who came before MJ like Magic Johnson, is so vocal about Jordan being the greatest ever.

Who's the MJ of boxing?
Well, I think a lot of MJ's legacy is tied to his fame and cross over appeal. I'd compare Floyd to him. An excellent athlete, a great technician in their respective sports and a high level of fame/notoriety.

How?
I’m not a basketball fan. Ive only seen two games, both live, at the Skydome because my boss gave me his tickets. Both games involved the Lakers, so I have seen Shaq in person. He was massive. From an athletics perspective, Damon Stoudamire was more impressive, though.

How?

Th eonly thing i know about MJ is that Nike named a shoe after him, and he played basketball

Still early days yet but I'd say that Lomachenko has a good shot at reaching that level.

Back