Who's the most entertaining/exciting NHL player to watch of all-time?

Was Wendel Clark one of the most exciting/entertaining players to watch?

• Total voters
Gretz is the obvious answer. His prime was before my time and a lot of the stuff I get to see is from youtube highlight packages.

Peter Forsberg has been my favourite player to watchh. Nate MacKinnon I find is a very similar player. Powerful skater, strong on the puck, great shot. MacKinnon is way faster but that's also a by product of athlete improvement. MacKinnon also plays with a bit of a edge but after that fight a few years ago when he broke a knuckle should probably stay away from that stuff. And Forsberg had a weird bow legged skating style that made one question how he was do powerful.

McDavid is clearly electric on the puck these days.

Clark is viewed as a God in T.O. because Leafs fans had no one else to cheer for during the 80's.

Clark was a good player on a string of absolute garbage teams. Need proof? Look at the Leafs All-80's team...

Wendel Clark
Rick Vaive
Bill Derlago
Borje Salming
Al Iagrate
Allan Bester

From 1980-81 thru 1989-90 they had ONE season .500 or better winning pct & a decade long winning pct of .391

Clark may have been the #1 selection in his draft year but 1985 is regarded as one of the weakest NHL drafts of all time.

So, the fact Toronto fans regard Wendel as "a god" is by no means proof of how good or exciting he was.

Last edited:
Clark is viewed as a God in T.O. because Leafs fans had no one else to cheer for during the 80's.

Clark was a good player on a string of absolute garbage teams. Need proof? Look at the Leafs All-80's team...

Wendel Clark
Rick Vaive
Bill Derlago
Borje Salming
Al Iagrate
Allan Bester

From 1980-81 thru 1989-90 they had ONE season .500 or better winning pct & a decade long winning pct of .391

Clark may have been the #1 selection in his draft year but 1985 is regarded as one of the weakest NHL drafts of all time.

So, the fact Toronto fans regard Wendel as "a god" is by no means proof of how good or exciting he was.

Gilmour?

Right up there with Russ Courtnall for John Kordic <45>

...or 25 yr old Vincent Damphousse & 22 yr old Luke Richardson for the corpses of Grant Fuhr & Glenn Anderson <45>
To add to my previous post...

1st rd pick for Tom Kurvers, who only played 89 games for Toronto...pick ended up being 2nd overall (future HOFer Scott Niedermayer)

1st rd pick for Wendel Clark's ghost...pick ended up being 4th overall (future HOFer Roberto Luongo)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back