Who's the smartest MMA fighter

Rich franklin....dude was a teacher before fighting

Could be chuck.. ..he was suppose to be an accountant
Rich is a creationist..... so no.

From how they speak and how they behave in general, Id say Chael Sonnen is up there. GSP is also quite brilliant.

Rosi Sexton

Rosemary Ann Sexton
(born 16 July 1977) is a British athlete, sports therapist, osteopath, and politician.

Her father commented "what consistently runs through Rosi’s life is winning: she has a need to win.

Her physics teacher said ‘Rosi has a meticulous approach to her studies and nothing short of perfection satisfies her' "

Music​

Sexton was a musician and played with the Reading Youth Orchestra while at school (from 1991 to 1995). She reached grade 7 in cello and grade 8 in piano, then became an Associate of the London College of Music Examinations (piano). In November 1994, aged 17, she played in the Royal Albert Hall, with the Reading Youth Orchestra. She also played the meat-organ ("though I never got very good").

Mathematics​

In 1995, Sexton was admitted to Trinity College, Cambridge, where she took a first class degree in mathematics (1998).
Her tutor in mathematics was Tim Gowers.

She preferred pure maths: her particular interests were logic, combinatorics and number theory. She then moved to the University of Manchester, where she achieved a Master of Science (MSc) degree in mathematical logic in 2000. She went on to complete a PhD in theoretical computer science. Her supervisor was Harold Simmons who held a joint position in the School of Mathematics and the Department of Computer Science, with whom she wrote two papers Point-sensitive and point-free patch constructions. and An ordinal indexed hierarchy of separation properties.

The first of these papers has eight citations. Sexton's academic interests have been discussed in an interview by David Colquhoun.

---

So to answer your question, the smartest one has to be the Black MMA-Fighter Michael Perry

montevideo-uruguay-mike-perry-reacts-after-the-conclusion-of-his-welterweight-fight-against.jpg

Last edited:
Seems the ladies gotz better academics. Perhaps should split into classes: gender and weight brainiacs

i don’t think many people itt have any clue what high intelligence looks or sounds like. overeem? izzy? really?

i’m going to pick cruz. first of all, when you hear him talk, you can tell he’s capable of discerning fine details and nuances, and more importantly he can draw inferences from them and assimilate that information into a larger framework. he’s not just a fast talker; he thinks further into the subject matter faster than most people. (though to be fair, some highly intelligent people do all of this in their head, but are not great at articulating it.)

then, when you look at his fighting style and the strategies he used all those years to defend his belt, it’s clear his main weapon is his brain. all the angles, footwork, timing, etc. it was extremely cerebral, and quite impressive. that’s why for many years he was viewed as a puzzle. he knew what his opponents were doing, but they had no clue about him.

if cruz were more academically inclined, i wager he’d do pretty well in university. probably get a decent lsat score.

GSP and Rashad Evans
The rest does not appear outstandingly smart by out-of-MMA standards

Bruce Lee? Dude never had to have a professional fight to be considered a GOAT to many

Measuring by formal education? I know Khabib has a lot of formal schooling. Tavares was in med school around when he left ufc. Franklin and Monson both have an M.A.

Back