Who's Your Favorite Current UFC Champ?

RDT-20240229-1648082369407945550059738.webp

Ngl i'm not a big fan of any of them

Going with Poatan.

giphy.gif
Alex

Pantoja. He's like a Flyweight Glover. He's a soft-spoken, unassuming, and fairly humble guy... but is fireworks to watch inside the cage. Tough as hell to put away, has legitimate KO power in his hands, isn't afraid to walk forward and indulge in a dogfight -- but on top of all this he wrestles very well for a BJJ guy and has a nasty top game to boot.

Runner-up for me would probably be Topuria I guess. His attitude doesn't endear him to me, but I've been a fan of him and his fighting style since his debut and I've backed him enthusiastically in every bout except Volk where he proved me wrong. Fairly well-rounded, always seeking to finish the other guy on the feet or on the mat, and has some of the nastiest hands Featherweight has seen in a while in addition to a solid grappling game.

Last edited:
GOATan. He's the silent but deadly champ we've needed for a long time. What I hoped Rory or Gunnar would have been.

Still missing the Oliveira Era though. Dude is my favorite current fighter by a mile.

Islam is probably the only one who is definitely the best in his division. Aspinall might be better than Jones, Ankalaev might be better than Pereira, Izzy and Strickland could beat DDP, Leon probably wouldn't be a heavy favorite against most of the top 10 or Islam, Topuria might be the best, but he's beaten 2 old guys coming off losses, so let's see if he can beat Max, not sure O'Malley will be a heavy favorite against Merab, while Islam is the huge favorite against everybody at LW, and might even be favored against Leon. He's also finished 6 of his last 7, and the one decision was FOTY.

Style wise, Aspinall and Poatan are fun to watch.

DDP and Pantoja. Both two good guys that fight their asses off every time. I like Leon and Grasso too, but other than that, I don't care much for the rest of them. Will watch them fight, though.

Last edited:
1- Jones

2- Alex

3- Ilia

DDP is cool as well, he comes to throw down. But all my top picks are truly interesting fighters to observe, with the ability to finish the fight as well.

Last edited:
Favorite fighter based on their fights and fighting abilities, Jones

Favorite based on their personality and how they conduct themselves? Still Jones, by a mile

Until his recent dethroning it was Volk but currently it’s Pantoja been a big fan of his for a long time and
Alex P both are savages

All the other champs it’s really matchup dependent on who I’ll root for.

Back