Why Alvarez lost to McGregor

Go in, take him down and make him tap. Easy money.

Yeah right

Does anyone else watch all of Eddie's fights with the TV on mute?

Eddie couldn't handle the pressure of being in the main event of a giant UFC card like that, I thought he could. He was defeated before he even stepped foot in the cage.

Oh please lol. Dude got flash KO'd in the first minute. Most LWs would have been finished right there but Eddie has superhuman recovery and toughness.

Oh please lol. Dude got flash KO'd in the first minute. Most LWs would have been finished right there but Eddie has superhuman recovery and toughness.
Like I said, he was defeated before he stepped in the cage.

Like I said, he was defeated before he stepped in the cage.

Nah. Very easy to discredit Conor with that bullshit. Eddie has fought in title fights in every organization for over 15 years. Dude is always game. He just ran into a sniper that was on another level.

Nah. Very easy to discredit Conor with that bullshit. Eddie has fought in title fights in every organization for over 15 years. Dude is always game. He just ran into a sniper that was on another level.
Christ on a cross... In no way have I discredited your hero, he tooled him that entire round before putting him away.

Of course Conor got very lucky that day... That's why Eddie lost.

Christ on a cross... In no way have I discredited your hero, he tooled him that entire round before putting him away.

You literally just said Eddie was defeated mentally before entering the cage.

This is written. I'm not suddenly going to forget.

Saying that Eddie was defeated before he stepped in the cage sounds like you're discredit him.

You literally just said Eddie was defeated mentally before entering the cage.

This is written. I'm not suddenly going to forget.

Saying that Eddie was defeated before he stepped in the cage sounds like you're discredit him.
If that was taken as a way to discredit Conor, that wasn't my intention. He tooled him that entire round before putting him away.

He lost cause he's underrated and lost to a better fighter.
Fixed.
Eddie was the Bellator Champ, beat an incredibly solid Michael Chandler twice, then he beat former Strike force champ Gil Melendez, then formers UFC champ Pettis and finally he beat the unbeatable destroyer Frankenstein hybrid RDA in emphatic fashion. And, he also beat the WSOF champ in undefeated Gaethje, and, he did it on Gaethje terms. Eddie is unquestionably in the top five light heavyweights of all time, and simply because he did not fight his whole career in the UFC does not take away from his accomplishments.

Eddie simply gets a bad rap because Conor is just that good and makes all time greats, like Aldo and Eddie, look like rank amateur bums and that deeply irks people that have a lifestyle that revolves around thinking of and hating McGregor.

Irish gangsters threatened to kill his family if he did not just take punches and throw the fight????

I didn’t remember him bitching at Dana about not having his belt. He was legit upset. He had Dana running to get a belt. I still wonder if he just took eddies from his corner. How else could they get one that quickly
They took Tyronne's belt for Conner to hold two for the photos. he talked about it at some point.

I'm not a big Conor fan at all, but if you watch this fight he obviously was piecing Eddie up. However, he also showed some pretty good TTD and clinch work against the cage when Eddie had him pinned.

You have to give credit where credit is due, he was a better fighter than Eddie that night.

Normally Alvarez is coached during his fight by his wife whom is in the crowd screaming all fight long.

This fight with McGregor had multiple fans screaming which confused Eddie as he couldn't hear his wife screaming.

It wasn't sold, Eddie just couldn't hear her.

Conor has a left hand that knocked him TFO is why

It was a classic example of 2 good boxers but one took full advantage of a 5 inch reach advantage.

He was outclassed.

Back