Why America CANT WIN international Judo

Human somatotypes have been debunked LONG ago. Might as well bring un phrenology and astrology.
About what types? Athletic build isn't psychology, it is skeleton bones dimensions and size.
Some with the same height does have wide shoulders, another medium wide etc.
This stuff is called skeleton.

And hydratation levels?!?!?!?!?
Yeah, especially for these that does maintain weight class and are forced to manage DO weight in in their weight class.
Etc plenty of other situations too, of course.

If you were to select people randomly right now, and bet on them being considered overweight/obese according to their BMI because of their muscle mass, you'd go bankrupt stupid fast.
Why I should bankrupt?
I don't post for likes etc stuff.
If 2 athletes maintains the same weight with different height, problems usually at first are reach advantage for one from them. Not obesity.
For striking arts competitions, for example.
And body builders too, doesn't maintain high body fat % + cut this more before competitions.

Last edited:
On topic: you're right. Medal count is pretty much correlated with how much money the government invests in the sport. I remember Nick Gill being pissed about having to survive on 20K a year when his Japanese counterparts would be out there driving Porsches. Turns out Canadians care more about hockey than judo, so that's where the resources go.
And U.S. folks like football (american style) and Basketball. If all our most athletic kids did combat sports we would do very, very well....

This just in: Judo is a pretty niche sport in America.
Yeah finding a good gym is hard
So is wrestling

So is wrestling
That always baffled me like after high school it's damn near impossible to find
And U.S. folks like football (american style) and Basketball. If all our most athletic kids did combat sports we would do very, very well....
yeah I would like to see if it was funded and ran like other countries what would it look like

martial arts are just too artistic and opinionated as compared to combat sports that focus almost exclusively on competition

competitions legiticimy is much more provable than someone's artistic impression

When you compare these two videos I think it's pretty obvious that sports like Soviet block freestyle wrestling are way more combat effective and thus respected by Americans then you're average martial art

Sports

Arts

Simply put by removing all martial arts aspects of Judo and thus letting the sport become more accessible to the average American we would see a radical difference in our performance in international Judo overnight

About what types? Athletic build isn't psychology, it is skeleton bones dimensions and size.
Some with the same height does have wide shoulders, another medium wide etc.
This stuff is called skeleton.

Yeah, especially for these that does maintain weight class and are forced to manage DO weight in in their weight class.
Etc plenty of other situations too, of course.

Why I should bankrupt?
I don't post for likes etc stuff.
If 2 athletes maintains the same weight with different height, problems usually at first are reach advantage for one from them. Not obesity.
For striking arts competitions, for example.
And body builders too, doesn't maintain high body fat % + cut this more before competitions.

I often times forget that another major component in America's failure to win in international Combat Sports is our hyper pc risk averse sensitive culture

For instance if you were to make the scientifically true statement that Asians have a biological advantage in Judo because they have a shorter leg to upper body ratio one would likely crucify you in the average American culture whereas internationally as science predominates people would agree as Asians have a different physical build than caucasoids and negroids who effectively maintain a longer limb versus body length average

While it is true that any physique Can Be an Effective Grappler the fact is a shorter more compact frame is definitely an advantage in original Judo however since they banned leg-hold grabs I believe the longer-range frames actually have a significant advantage physically however the tactics employed are a very different animal as the Soviet Bloc athletes in particular were often times crossover wrestlers who were predisposed for more leg attacks

Most people believe that the Banning of leg attacks was specifically designed to Advantage Japanese judoka however I think this could be a long-term disadvantage in that they are more physically suited for leg attacks than the longer international athletes

Last edited:
You're confusing performance and health. Certain sports, like heavyweight judo, demand that you be big to perform at the highest levels. It's not healthier for the athletes.

Why on Earth do you believe 25% body fat is less healthy than 5 to 15%

You know science is not on your side anymore however profit minded Media most certainly is

Alright, I apologize for talking about weight and your weight issues in the thread you started about weight and your own weight issues. I also apologize for calling you out on your numerous erroneous statements about weight and health and for assuming your complete denial and total ignorance about your health and abilities as a coach would transfer to other subjects, like America's performance in international judo.

Don't apologize to me

I enjoy peanut gallery Muppets like you that I can ragdoll around over and over

you entertain me

Instead you should apologize to the serious athletes responding to this thread for trying to derail my topic

I made that previous thread specifically about overweight athletes so people could talk about my weight and I could take them to school on the short bus by using science to crush their media molested Minds and I understand you must be suffering from some withdrawal as that thread was shut down because of a few butt sore crybabies running off to the moderators begging for relief from the crushing they were receiving via my typical reaction to trolls

Unfortunately they were given EXACTLY what they wanted thus guaranteeing aggressive troll-like behavior im the future

That must be part of what shedog is trying to accomplish... maybe they're going to try to sell insultive gifs and memes?

That said I understand why you want to talk about whose tummy is fat so you can private message me all you want and I will continue to take you for rides on the short bus just please don't try to derail This Thread anymore

I've been thinking about a new thread I can post in the strength and conditioning section where you boys can continue to berate athletes that step onto the mat + 25% body fat as being of poor will power and of poor conditioning while simultaneously teasing larger men as to their potential health liabilitys if they maintain such incredible explosive strength and power through their geriatric years

Wont that be fun?

On topic: you're right. Medal count is pretty much correlated with how much money the government invests in the sport. I remember Nick Gill being pissed about having to survive on 20K a year when his Japanese counterparts would be out there driving Porsches. Turns out Canadians care more about hockey than judo, so that's where the resources go.

It is mostly this... yes. If the money is there, the results will be as well. Travis Stevens did a good breakdown of how much money he makes from Judo. It was pretty bad.

It is mostly this... yes. If the money is there, the results will be as well. Travis Stevens did a good breakdown of how much money he makes from Judo. It was pretty bad.

Do you think eliminating Ranking belts and treating it more like sambo would be a step in the right direction?

Not enough people do Judo in America and it's too late, all the other combat sports are cooler in the American Zeitgeist.

Why on Earth do you believe 25% body fat is less healthy than 5 to 15%

You know science is not on your side anymore however profit minded Media most certainly is

Lol. Because I have a Master's in physiology with a focus on endocrinology, more specifically the metabolic effects of weight gain on insulin resistance and adipokine production. When you quote ''science'', you quote the doctors and researchers I've worked with, and you quote me too for my incredibly small contribution. You're as wrong as you are in denial about it. You might as well be arguing that there is no link between cigarettes and lung cancer.

Not enough people do Judo in America and it's too late, all the other combat sports are cooler in the American Zeitgeist.

CLEARLY but why?

How could BJJ LITERALLY eat judos lunch with its very own repackaged techniques???

Lol. Because I have a Master's in physiology with a focus on endocrinology, more specifically the metabolic effects of weight gain on insulin resistance and adipokine production. When you quote ''science'', you quote the doctors and researchers I've worked with, and you quote me too for my incredibly small contribution. You're as wrong as you are in denial about it. You might as well be arguing that there is no link between cigarettes and lung cancer.

A HA...your tone and attitude all came clear

a medical "professional" (likely parasitizing some profit minded Drug Company Grant somewhere) sipping away at his mocalocachololatte in some cubicle prattling on about book knollege with an agenda to apply a generic one-size-fits-all approach to a wide and varied population while trying to figure out a new way to sell the public a drug design to make a hefty profit by frightening them with statistical analysis designed for profiteering

You people are part and participial to America's perverted body image problems

No wonder you seethe so diligently at a big fat beer sqilling guy in his mid-40s who maintains perfect health proving that heavyweight combat athletes are most effective in the 25 to 35%

I got a news flash for you urkel

Men primarily interested in winning a life-and-death struggle on the street or recognition as an excellent combat athlete aren't terribly worried about the immediate health ramifications of getting kicked in the face

Over the Decades of taking strikes to the face you learn that Combat Sports is often devoid of the type of vaginitis that precipitates people to hide in their air-conditioned apartments pop pills and eat tofu in a desperate media inspired attempt to live a few more years

Growing up in the old country I learned that fads and pills do not make someone a longer lived healthier and happier person

I would rather be built like a Silverback thru the mojority of my life and live an average Lifespan then live into my 90s as a frail and weak geriatric individual

You people always disgusted me because as someone who was exposed to Sumo from Early Childhood it was abundantly clear that maintaining a massive amount of physical strength and weight was not a good idea in your later years

all the most successful Sumo athletes cut weight after their competitive career was over as it is universally understood that that kind of size and strength has Health ramifications in your later years

You can continue to try to apply your generic BMI scales so that you can profiteer from pushing pills to the public

No wonder you're trying to convince everyone that universally -6 foot 300 lb frame is a morbidly obese profile where an individual is about to drop dead from a heart attack at any second...

Problem is you guys forgot about the tiny handful of professional coaches that know better and will call you on your bullshit

Have a look at these individuals they are all -6' 290lbs but they have wildly different health profiles
20200412_093730.jpg Screenshot_20200412-093556.png 20200415_154630.jpg 20200415_154307.png
20200415_155544.jpg
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Piana

Attachments

• 20200412_093730.jpg
    20200412_093730.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200412-093556.png
    Screenshot_20200412-093556.png
    532 KB · Views: 0
So ''science'' is on my side again, but doesn't count?
His every response...
gXK5qjA.jpeg

Well if we're posting nerdy stuff with numbers and everything:

Diabetes%2BBMI.JPG

We both know this chart is upside down. The data set you're trying to show is in white above the blue, showing a dramatic DECREASE in diabetes risk with BMI >35. In fact, every study ever conducted in the history of sports science shows that 45 BMI is the MINIMUM for optimal athletic performance. It doesn't even matter how tall you are. If you're not sporting a beer gut and skinny fat arms, you're catabolizing fast twitch muscle and putting yourself at elevated risk of being gay.

The main problem with American athletes is they're not fat enough! Everyone else in the world knows that bf above 40% causes the human body to develop super antibodies that lowers cholesterol and enables record breaking international performance!

So stop fooling because I know you already know this.

We both know this chart is upside down. The data set you're trying to show is in white above the blue, showing a dramatic DECREASE in diabetes risk with BMI >35. In fact, every study ever conducted in the history of sports science shows that 45 BMI is the MINIMUM for optimal athletic performance. It doesn't even matter how tall you are. If you're not sporting a beer gut and skinny fat arms, you're catabolizing fast twitch muscle and putting yourself at elevated risk of being gay.

The main problem with American athletes is they're not fat enough! Everyone else in the world knows that bf above 40% causes the human body to develop super antibodies that lowers cholesterol and enables record breaking international performance!

So stop fooling because I know you already know this.

Ok...i have to give you a pass on that one

Well Written

funny inference

well styled

the people want what the people want

I'm going to go ahead start a new thread on the strength and conditioning forum so we may continue this discussion

I still have a shot at a decent Judo thread here and I don't want you all screwing it up!

What we need to do is offer free cross training to teams that play a different sports during their off season.

Hopefully you can poach a few athlete to your martial art.

What we need to do is offer free cross training to teams that play a different sports during their off season.

Hopefully you can poach a few athlete to your martial art.

better yet eradicate all semblance of martial arts and focus solely on Combat Sports

By simply americanizing Judo and getting rid of the Japanese terminology/ Kata and fiefdom politics you would be left with a combat sport that would be very popular in the school system

Just imagine the average highschool football player being exposed to judo as a martial art ...no sale

As soon as you gave him his "terminology homework" he would go right back to football even though he might prefer throwing a guy on his back

Back