Why are Latinos seemingly forgotten in the mainstream American culture?

Because people who want to separate and differentiate are not able to distinguish latinos from anyone else if they assimilate to American culture?

Wouldn't that be like saying why are Polish people represented in American tv culture?

First off, I don't think it's a lack of clout but a lack of need, there are multiple big channels dedicated exclusively to Latinos. I don't think Latinos feel a lack of representation in the same way. It's not like there was a whole genre of entertainment that was made to ridicule Latinos but wouldn't employ them so had white men in makeup.

Second of all, what are you talking about Latinos disproving the divides? They are only just above black people when it comes to wealth and prison rates.

I was mocking some brain dead idiot from the first page about the clout thing....thought that was obvious.

And when did I see latinos disprove a divide?

Idk man its weird how people always view everything as white and black people when it comes to diversity especially in politics. Even though Latinos heavily outnumber black people for the #2 spot

Legally white?

When half of Mexico was annexed by the US after the Mexican-American war, the treaty signed pointed out that Mexicans living in those regions would become US citizens.

Since this was before the civil war and American citizenship was mostly a white people only thing and there were laws against interracial marriages and the such, Mexicans regardless of race were considered legally white to be able to access its full citizenship.

When half of Mexico was annexed by the US after the Mexican-American war, the treaty signed pointed out that Mexicans living in those regions would become US citizens.

Since this was before the civil war and American citizenship was mostly a white people only thing and there were laws against interracial marriages and the such, Mexicans regardless of race were considered legally white to be able to access its full citizenship.

I can understand your post, due to the laws of the time, but the post I was replying to was referencing people who were born in the US, or the children of recent immigrants.

Because people who want to separate and differentiate are not able to distinguish latinos from anyone else if they assimilate to American culture?

Wouldn't that be like saying why are Polish people represented in American tv culture?

Distinguish how?

Prime Selma Hayek>Anyone

That's all I have to say about it.

Salma Hayek is still hot as fuck.

Cki6KfMmu0faCOu0jhIP.jpg

Idk man its weird how people always view everything as white and black people when it comes to diversity especially in politics. Even though Latinos heavily outnumber black people for the #2 spot

i'm really hoping that there will be a huge back lash from the latino community. liberal whites have been pandering to blacks for so long that they forgot that people of color also include other minority groups. pretty soon latinos will be too well off and will be treated like asians

They aren't as easily led as black people. Black people will always be the most highly sought after demographic because they'll basically do whatever you tell them to.

Last edited:
You guys are somewhere in the middle in the victim olympics.
Blacks, lgbtq, feminists are the top 3

Latino's are mostly recent immigrants, with most coming here in the last 30 years.

Black Americans have been a part of every fiber of this nation since it's inception, there really is no comparison.

Distinguish how?
I guess that's up to the person who's concerned whether or not latinos are properly represented in mainstream television...

Americans are represented in mainstream television and all the rediculous attempts to pander by making sure each tribe is statistically represented serve only to divide. Efforts to turn off the televisuon would be much more fruitful than to be concerned if stereotypes are represented imo...

Japan? Mother fucker you’re in Japan and commenting on our dining policies out in California?! Lol!!!
"Only people that are in California can criticize California " wow sounds so cool man. Glad this is how you debate

Back