Why are Latinos seemingly forgotten in the mainstream American culture?

It's similar in the UK.

There are twice as many Asians (Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi) as black people, yet if you look at culture and media you wouldn't think it. You would think black people made up a lot more than the <5% of the population that they do.

I think a similarity between Latinos in the US and Asians in the UK is that they have a strong ethno religious identity. They are busy getting on with their lives and are quite happy within their own ethnic bubbles. They can consume culture and media from their homelands.

On the other hand, I think a common trait between black people in the US and the UK is that they are more integrated into mainstream society and culture as they don't have such a strong ethno religious background. That being the case, they are more likely to encounter discrimination as they are more likely to be trying to navigate in the wider mainstream culture.

I think there is also a difference in attitude between self responsibility and a victim mentality.

the media had a very specific story line that they intended to push this election cycle. They spent a year trying to activate the black vote against trump by convincing them that white people are privileged racists.

Imagine how bad their narrative would get destroyed if they actual put a microphone in front of Hispanics. Imagine if in your noble attempt to investigate this white racism you actually went and spoke to Asians, latinos, middle easterners, Indians about how much they suffered racism in this country.
You might find out they havnt experienced any. Hell, some Iranian store owner might really flip the script and say that he experiences racism from his black customers.

Yet, as evidenced by this thread, the American people can be so easily duped. The left happily destroyed all progress to date to create a racial divide that didn't exist. They had to though. There's no other way millions of black voters were going to come out and vote for an old racist like Joe otherwise

You often post about the decline of white America and how diversity is bad yet you immigrated to a country that is made of non-white people.
I'm not exactly white. My mom is Mexican.
I didn't say diversity. I said white people being stupid and self destructive via their wokeness

lmao off at the resident reality-denying liberals in this thread.

..."um maybe they don't have clout"....."uhh because they don't complain like whites"

You fkn dolts. Its obviously because they are walking, talking, proof that your "America is racist, unfair, and rigged" theory is complete and utter bullshit.

They come here or are born here, put their head down and work their asses off so their kids can do better than them. They believe in strong families, they are religious, and they love America.

Órale!

Equal representation is BS

In the UK, Blacks make what 3-4% (2011 census) they're turning nearly everyone on TV Black. Advert feel like they are overwhelming Black or mixed race. I was doing some online clothing shopping and I'd say 3 out of 10 models were White.

All because Black man named George Floyd died, for some reason the British media felt that they had to become ultra woke and replace Whites for everything.

Here's the thing. For years you can find media articles saying there were actually too many Black people on TV.

Now people being fired from their TV jobs they've hosted for 40+ years to make way for Black people.

All triggered by George Floyds and BLM

Don't think most Americans know BLM were like a virus that spread across the sea

There are shows here that were rejected for being too White (usually historical) that were then picked up by other channels are got yuuuuge ratings while the diversity ones tend to flop hard.
This post deserves a like. Forced diversity and especially for out of proportion forced diversity is divisive. It's unnecessary and simply damaging

Equal representation is BS

In the UK, Blacks make what 3-4% (2011 census) they're turning nearly everyone on TV Black. Advert feel like they are overwhelming Black or mixed race. I was doing some online clothing shopping and I'd say 3 out of 10 models were White.

All because Black man named George Floyd died, for some reason the British media felt that they had to become ultra woke and replace Whites for everything.

Here's the thing. For years you can find media articles saying there were actually too many Black people on TV.

Now people being fired from their TV jobs they've hosted for 40+ years to make way for Black people.

All triggered by George Floyds and BLM

Don't think most Americans know BLM were like a virus that spread across the sea

There are shows here that were rejected for being too White (usually historical) that were then picked up by other channels are got yuuuuge ratings while the diversity ones tend to flop hard.

That is the problem with the West, always too eager to swallow any trend that comes from the USA. Berlin has "check your white privilege" and other similar horseshit activist posters all over. I wonder how people figure that such imported slogans are relevant or even make sense in a 98% white, largely homogenous society on the border with Eastern-Europe, that has a insignificant colonial history.

You often post about the decline of white America and how diversity is bad yet you immigrated to a country that is made of non-white people.
This precisely proves that he embraces non-white culture and that this is not about race. He probably enjoys Japan's homogeneous nature, its common values, and flourishes as a well integrated immigrant in a country that is not his.

The fact that this is lost on you is kind of embarrassing, TBH.

This precisely proves that he embraces non-white culture and that this is not about race. He probably enjoys Japan's homogeneous nature, its common values, and flourishes as a well integrated immigrant in a country that is not his.

The fact that this is lost on you is kind of embarrassing, TBH.
Thank you. And yes, it wasn't about race and I do enjoy that everyone shares similar values. At the same time I'm not here to spread toxic political beliefs.
I am also integrated, married and have kids in public schools

the media had a very specific story line that they intended to push this election cycle. They spent a year trying to activate the black vote against trump by convincing them that white people are privileged racists.

Imagine how bad their narrative would get destroyed if they actual put a microphone in front of Hispanics. Imagine if in your noble attempt to investigate this white racism you actually went and spoke to Asians, latinos, middle easterners, Indians about how much they suffered racism in this country.
You might find out they havnt experienced any. Hell, some Iranian store owner might really flip the script and say that he experiences racism from his black customers.

Yet, as evidenced by this thread, the American people can be so easily duped. The left happily destroyed all progress to date to create a racial divide that didn't exist. They had to though. There's no other way millions of black voters were going to come out and vote for an old racist like Joe otherwise

Excellent post. And as anyone who has been exposed to various minority knows, Western White people are BY FAR the least racist towards minorities. Go ask a Persian man if he would like his daughter to date a Black man. Go ask a Korean if he would like a Pakistani neigbor. Go ask a Lebanese if he would like his children to be friends with Philipinians.

The funniest part is just how casual most people around the globe are about outrigth racism, yet gullible progressive western Whites are swallowing the guilt trip and asking for more.

Excellent post. And as anyone who has been exposed to various minority knows, Western White people are BY FAR the least racist towards minorities. Go ask a Persian man if he would like his daughter to date a Black man. Go ask a Korean if he would like a Pakistani neigbor. Go ask a Lebanese if he would like his children to be friends with Philipinians.

The funniest part is just how casual most people around the globe are about outrigth racism, yet gullible progressive western Whites are swallowing the guilt trip and asking for more.

Like i always find it weird that people say usa is racist

Like born in us is a lottery win as a black guy because it gets a lot worse in rest of the world

Why are Latinos seemingly forgotten in the mainstream American culture despite making up to nearly 20% of the population?

Black political issues and cultural relevancy is so great that you'd assume they are 60% of the population and yet they are only 13%. The Latino population, which has grown rapidly the last few decades, is rarely addressed politically or culturally aside from illegal immigration, which is kind of a broad stereotype itself.

You rarely see Latino people in commercials, demands for representation in things, and when you do they often don't look like people you'd see on the street (mestizo, Indians). Often if you see a Latino person in entertainment or mainstream culture, they will be black or white. American racial discussions seemed to be obsessed with only black and white, never brown or yellow, which demographically seem to be the more ascendant groups. The Latino market is massive but you wouldn't know it based on observation and not actual statistics.

The Latino community, for the most part and as far as I can tell, just keeps their heads down, goes to work, and tries to make a better life for them and their family.

I'll never understand why they aren't more widely embraced in the U.S. Other than their criminal element, which all other races also have, Latinos make for the model citizen.

What ever happened to Geraldo Rivera?!?! Next thing you know we will lose Masvidal and the Diaz’s. Where are the Latinos?!?!?

Like i always find it weird that people say usa is racist

Like born in us is a lottery win as a black guy because it gets a lot worse in rest of the world

I think that Americans are culturally much more subject to falling for the narrative the media is serving them. IDK how old you are but I remember the W days in the early 2000's very well. We were banging our heads against the walls at the whole "but but Jesus but but patriotic but but mean WMDs". Now it's like the opposite side swing of the full-retard pendulum.

I think that Americans are culturally much more subject to falling for the narrative the media is serving them. IDK how old you are but I remember the W days in the early 2000's very well. We were banging our heads against the walls at the whole "but but Jesus but but patriotic but but mean WMDs". Now it's like the opposite side swing of the full-retard pendulum.

In early 2000s black guy got molotov through window in nearby town near my village.

Good example of how bad it can get

They should learn to dunk.

They must understand the importance of not getting into a Sentence War you can't win.

Some better dance moves wouldn't hurt either (pop and lock > salsa)

Make sure all tropes supercedes the reality.(The Rule of Jah)

lmao off at the resident reality-denying liberals in this thread.

..."um maybe they don't have clout"....."uhh because they don't complain like whites"

You fkn dolts. Its obviously because they are walking, talking, proof that your "America is racist, unfair, and rigged" theory is complete and utter bullshit.

They come here or are born here, put their head down and work their asses off so their kids can do better than them. They believe in strong families, they are religious, and they love America.
First off, I don't think it's a lack of clout but a lack of need, there are multiple big channels dedicated exclusively to Latinos. I don't think Latinos feel a lack of representation in the same way. It's not like there was a whole genre of entertainment that was made to ridicule Latinos but wouldn't employ them so had white men in makeup.

Second of all, what are you talking about Latinos disproving the divides? They are only just above black people when it comes to wealth and prison rates.
Though America’s Latino population is growing, it is still one of the most socioeconomically insecure. In 2016, Latino Americans had a median income (in 2016 dollars) of $46,882, about 20 percent less than the national median, which is $59,039. This is about $8,000 more than African American median income ($39,490) and $18,000 less than White median income ($65,041).
Adult white males were incarcerated at the rate of 678 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. Adult Hispanic males were incarcerated at the rate of 1,755 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents.

Back