Why are people are calling stipe the goat?

Even jones is calling him like that, it's above me

goat of what? goat of getting knock out by struve , cormier and ngannou?
I just hope you gift us with more expert Jones prefight analysis like you did leading into the Gane bout.

"Gane via anything he wants" amirite?

Fedor has more ranked wins, more title wins, and more title defenses than Stipe— and he did it in one continuous, undefeated streak. Fedor also beat the same number of former/future UFC champs in that streak as Stipe did in his whole career(and none of them also have a win over Fedor, as JDS and DC do for Stipe), and more former/future UFC champs overall when compared career to career.
Stipe has no claim whatssoever to being HW GOAT.
None.
Nada.
Zero.
Stipe never lost 3 in a row, including to a middleweight Dan Henderson. Stipe did it in a better era against better competition. Are you saying beating Kevin randleman and mark coleman, two former champs, is the same as beating werdum and JDS, also two former champs?

I remember Stipe fans said he was better than Fedor and could beat mythological Pride version especially under UFC rules.

You guys can’t tell me there wasn’t a huge Stipe following that completely shit on Fedor.

No one says this, just Jon Jones.

When Jones fought a real challenge to his legacy that he was nervous about, he called him a pussy.

With Stipe, he calls him the goat. He thinks he has no chance. Puff him up and then when he beats him, Jones looks better., he beat the goat. He probably wants to build his confidence a bit so he can make it into the second or third round.

I remember Stipe fans said he was better than Fedor and could beat mythological Pride version especially under UFC rules.

You guys can’t tell me there wasn’t a huge Stipe following that completely shit on Fedor.
Those guys were mentally challenged though. Dana's bots.

Stipe never lost 3 in a row, including to a middleweight Dan Henderson. Stipe did it in a better era against better competition. Are you saying beating Kevin randleman and mark coleman, two former champs, is the same as beating werdum and JDS, also two former champs?
You can always tell who didn’t grow up watching pride lol

You can always tell who didn’t grow up watching pride lol
Sorry I’m not an oldhead

“Dude don frye would be champion right now, the current crop just don’t have the grit to tough it out like the guys I watched when I was 10!”

Sorry I’m not an oldhead

“Dude don frye would be champion right now, the current crop just don’t have the grit to tough it out like the guys I watched when I was 10!”
You don’t need to be an old head to respect and also understand the Caliber of competition of the HWs back then.

He was only named GOAT for the Ngannou fights. To put Big Frank over. It was a win/win. Nothing more, nothing less. It will be a nice feather in Jon Jones cap, but Stipe is no more than any other HW that ever competed. Fedor is the GOAT HW. Too bad we didnt get a chance to see him vs Jones.

You don’t need to be an old head to respect and also understand the Caliber of competition of the HWs back then.
It’s not about that, the fact is the heavyweight division got more skilled and fedor started losing

Those guys were mentally challenged though. Dana's bots.
prime Fedor vs prime Stipe is a pick-em fight. what a spectacle that wouldve been. i wouldnt know who to bet on but id definitely place a bet that it wouldnt last the distance.

why are you so triggered ? are you in love with stipe ?

Stop judging me according to my avatar please, i hate Jiri i want to show his asymetric nipples thats all

BTW jiri TKO stipe in round 1 anydays
casual opinions galore. sad.

Fedor has more ranked wins, more title wins, and more title defenses than Stipe— and he did it in one continuous, undefeated streak. Fedor also beat the same number of former/future UFC champs in that streak as Stipe did in his whole career(and none of them also have a win over Fedor, as JDS and DC do for Stipe), and more former/future UFC champs overall when compared career to career.
Stipe has no claim whatssoever to being HW GOAT.
None.
Nada.
Zero.
if Stipe beats Jon Jones he's the HW GOAT. up until now its Stipe or Fedor whoever you prefer. both have impressive resumes beating killers up and down.

if Stipe beats Jon Jones he's the HW GOAT. up until now its Stipe or Fedor whoever you prefer. both have impressive resumes beating killers up and down.
No. Jon Jones is a career LHW. He has no significant HW resume or accomplishments at all. Beating him is a great win just because it’s Jon Jones, but beating the LHW GOAT at the end of his career after moving up a weight class, does not make Stipe HW GOAT. It might end the debate over whether he’s #2 or Nog is, but that’s it.

Being of the opinion that Fedor isn't the greatest HW ever and acknowledging that he mostly fought very subpar competition isn't shitting on Fedor.

Even jones is calling him like that, it's above me

goat of what? goat of getting knock out by struve , cormier and ngannou?
it's a widely accepted opinion that stipe is the UFC HW goat at the very least.

you say he got ko'd against ngannou and cormier, but he holds wins over both, 2 over dc.

Well, Jones is pushing that narrative hard that Stipe is HW GOAT, because he wants to try and claim that for himself by beating a 41 year old Stipe that should’ve retired several years ago.

Neither Stipe or Jones will ever be HW GOAT.
Jones would have to defend the HW title against atleast 5 different fighters before i even began to consider him a top 5 HW goat.

Back