Why |Burns vs Belal| isn't getting enough promotion?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just noticed they didn't even include Burns vs Belal in the countdown, they included Andraded vs Yan instead

Why is that? It is the co-main event, It is an important fight because probably the winner of that is next in line for TS and I get Belal isn't too popular but Burns is popular enough for sure

Also I know for a fact this fight is going to be a great fight. So why that fight isn't getting enough promotion? What's wrong with that fight? What's up with the UFC and that fight?

It could be that UFC is still dreaming of Colby as the next title shot, or it could be that since this match-up came together 2 weeks ago they decided not to spend money putting together a last-minute promo package. Either way, UFC is lazy and takes their fighters and fans for granted.

Because Dana is giving Colby the next shot <BC1>

Because Dana White loves Colby and wants him to get the TS and feels he could milk more money from him

It could be that UFC is still dreaming of Colby as the next title shot

Because Dana is giving Colby the next shot

Because Dana White loves Colby and wants him to get the TS and feels he could milk more money from him

But even if they are making Edwards vs Colbt next

The winner fo this fight is going to be next in line anyways, there's nothing else going on in tht division, so I don't see the issue

IDK but to be fair that is one fight I'm looking forward the most tonight along with the main event.

I love the body of work those 2 have been putting and the fact that they are doing a 5 rounder in short notice just for the sake of it.

It should be a very high level and competitive fight.

Belal vs. Leon can't headline a card. It's just can't. You'd have to stack the shit out of that card to get any buys.

Both are nice guys and don't talk too much shit

Card str8 ass no one's paying for it anyway so why bother

Belal vs. Leon can't headline a card. It's just can't. You'd have to stack the shit out of that card to get any buys.

They can be a co-main event, no big deal, there's a solution for everything

Both are nice guys and don't talk too much shit

Neither do Andrade or Yan and they still got a countdown swgment

Card str8 ass no one's paying for it anyway so why bother

The 3 main fights are freaking good
1 title fight with one of the best ever returning
And 2 title eliminator fights with some good ads fighters

UFC promotes individual fighters as little as possible so they never get any leverage.

Edit: it's extra fucked they aren't on the countdown, probably because of the short notice nature of the fight and that the ufc is fully committed to Colby getting the next shot. I also doubt the UFC likes what's his name very much, most of his fights are awful

UFC is lazy and takes their fighters and fans for granted.
100% - that One card last night was better than most of the cards that the ufc has put on recently - despite it being a, mostly, mismatch and showcase card.

UFC fighters looking at the 100k bonus that Rodtang got for beating up an overmatched opponent must sting.

They can be a co-main event, no big deal, there's a solution for everything

Imagine having to resort to making a title fight of one of the marquee divisions a co-main event because you know it can't sell. That's not much of a "solution". That's much more of a problem than it is a solution.

Probably because i only know Burns is fighting but I can't remember the name of his opponent.

Imagine having to resort to making a title fight of one of the marquee divisions a co-main event because you know it can't sell. That's not much of a "solution". That's much more of a problem than it is a solution.

I don't know why you think the WW division is the "marquee division" of the UFC (?)

I don't remember any recent WW champ being a draw anyways. Usman? Woodley? Give me a break

Because Dana likes Colby ..

Its a business and not a sport

Because Dana is getting worse at his job as the years go on, he actively tries to stifle fighters instead of promote them

I don't know why you think the WW division is the "marquee division" of the UFC (?)

I don't remember any recent WW champ being a draw anyways. Usman? Woodley? Give me a break

I didn't say "the". I said "a". Yeah, it's definitely one of the marquee divisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back