Asian?
Well he might be from India and that’s in Asia
No he’s isn’t brown
They prefer the term off white
They’re off white
So Indian
No and they find that generalization very degrading
Jesus Christ what does he look like

You're not jewish. Do you have anything to contribute besides trolling?
I am Jewish
What’s the matter? You don’t think I have a right to be offended? Who are you to tell me what I find acceptable? Maybe you should be less of an antisemite

I just decided your language offends me. From here out you can’t talk to my people that way

You just offended me as a Jew. Apologize

If you're stating that you've heard of people in the media being overly sensitive I'll agree with you, some things sound ridiculous. I've yet to find this in real life though, have you?

I think the koreans, and japanese did not want to be grouped in with the chinese, and thought it be cooler sounding to be called asian instead.

I honestly kind of hate the term "asian" because it only applies to the far east/orient or whatever pc term it's called these days. Asia is a big fucking continent and also includes places like Afghanistan, India, Lebanon but nobody calls them Asian even though the map clearly has them in Asia.

If you're stating that you've heard of people in the media being overly sensitive I'll agree with you, some things sound ridiculous. I've yet to find this in real life though, have you?
I avoid nose rings and colored hair. Might be related given the YouTube folks I see screaming about this. So no I have not ever seen it in person. I mean there are oriental woks by me. What do I call the people who work there? They’re not all Chinese.

It’s fkne if they don’t want to be called oriental. I don’t use the term. I just find it amusing how people can just up and chose what offends them one day and it becomes the norm. Some groups get multiple terms. Even more confusing.

Oriental is racist? That’s stupid. Asia is Russia, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, and Southeast Asia. I thought the people of Southeast Asia were known as Orientals, figuring that was a polite term, kind of like using “African-Americans” instead of “black people.” Does anyone know the correct term for the peoples of Southeast Asia?

Different thought: words only have the power we give them. If people simply choose not to be offended by the word, then it loses its power to wound. Just saying...

I say East Asia and have never had anyone object to it

I avoid nose rings and colored hair. Might be related given the YouTube folks I see screaming about this. So no I have not ever seen it in person. I mean there are oriental woks by me. What do I call the people who work there? They’re not all Chinese.

It’s fkne if they don’t want to be called oriental. I don’t use the term. I just find it amusing how people can just up and chose what offends them one day and it becomes the norm. Some groups get multiple terms. Even more confusing.

Ya the only people I've ever heard use "Oriental" are older and you can tell that they mean nothing by it. The term is antiquated and it sounds strange to hear someone today referred to by that term. Like anything the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, people really should be polite at work and with new people and at the same time minorities should realize that most people mean nothing by those words (except for the obvious ones of course).

Ya the only people I've ever heard use "Oriental" are older and you can tell that they mean nothing by it. The term is antiquated and it sounds strange to hear someone today referred to by that term. Like anything the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, people really should be polite at work and with new people and at the same time minorities should realize that most people mean nothing by those words (except for the obvious ones of course).

Us gweilo should really watch our language if it generalizes people too much

Oriental didn't use to be a pejorative. It refers to a location. Can you point out on a map where ..boubleg.. Is on a map?
Words can carry different connotations in different contexts, would you agree? For instance, in the US calling a black person Negro would now be considered offensive but in Brazil its the generally accepted term for persons of African descent. The term Oriental isn't offensive in the UK and some other Anglo countries but does carry offensive connotations in the US because of its specific history here. You're not an American so don't worry about but I can tell you I won't be calling an Asian person an Oriental anytime soon.
Yeah it got deleted I only saw the later conversations I think Banchan posted a picture of her and then sexual comments started piling in then she claimed that she is a minor like she is under 18 in the photo so the Mods deleted the entire thread. I think she got banned when she won't stop calling out posters in unrelated thread in the berry.

@pcptornado got a few posters banned because of his threads like Jesusfreaks usually shitty posters though. Hahahaa
<{ohyeah}>

Can't believe I missed it. If anyone still has it, I have a friend who is interested...

I say East Asia and have never had anyone object to it
I usually add the extra qualifier to make it more specific. East Asian, South Asian, Southeast Asian etc.

Us gweilo should really watch our language if it generalizes people too much

No one likes being told what to do and I really believe that if the SJW were more diplomatic about it they wouldn't get this kind of push back.

I am Asian (Chinese) and if you called me Oriental I'd fuckin' deck you in the eye.

But yeah go to a Chinatown in any big city and randomly call any Asian "oriental" and see if that doesn't get you an asswhoppin'...
I'll accept that from you but I will also say you are pretty extreme if you are willing to punch someone over something that has no inherent insult and is just the wrong usage of the correct word at best.

There is nothing negative in the connotation of Oriental so what are you going to say 'dude how dare you, that refers to a region or rugs and or other goods and not the people'... :: punch ::

It would be pretty retarded to have such a visceral reaction to something that has no negative inference and is at best just said in ignorance and not malice or spite or as an insult.

Words can carry different connotations in different contexts, would you agree? For instance, in the US calling a black person Negro would now be considered offensive but in Brazil its the generally accepted term for persons of African descent. The term Oriental isn't offensive in the UK and some other Anglo countries but does carry offensive connotations in the US because of its specific history here. You're not an American so don't worry about but I can tell you I won't be calling an Asian person an Oriental anytime soon.

<{ohyeah}>

Can't believe I missed it. If anyone still has it, I have a friend who is interested...

You missed it because you are too decent of a poster and I mean it, you are too nice to follow shit shows on Sherdog.

And lol at that Gerry Alanguilan meme shit still makes me laugh because he looks just like my boss in a previous job!

gerry-alanguilan.jpg

You missed it because you are too decent of a poster and I mean it, you are too nice to follow shit shows on Sherdog.

And lol at that Gerry Alanguilan meme shit still makes me laugh because he looks just like my boss in a previous job!

gerry-alanguilan.jpg
Nah man, I love internet shitshows. I just post mainly in the WR because I don't care to wade through all the Mayberry/OT garbage just for the off chance I can see Banchan's feet or whatever.

Nah man, I love internet shitshows. I just post mainly in the WR because I don't care to wade through all the Mayberry/OT garbage just for the off chance I can see Banchan's feet or whatever.

Yeah Etheist is gone too, I asked her to post her panties before in the underwear thread.

I am Jewish
What’s the matter? You don’t think I have a right to be offended? Who are you to tell me what I find acceptable? Maybe you should be less of an antisemite

I just decided your language offends me. From here out you can’t talk to my people that way
For one thing, I'm actually Jewish, so stow your fake outrage.

For another, you attempted to derail another thread by accusing multiple posters of touching your dick.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that
the Jews killed Jesus
, not a common belief among Jewish circles.

And if you are some dumbass trying to leverage your heritage to make bad-faith claims of antisemitism, ayin kafen yam, shmuck.

For another, you attempted to derail another thread by accusing multiple posters of touching your dick.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that , not a common belief among Jewish circles.

And if you are some dumbass trying to leverage your heritage to make bad-faith claims of antisemitism, ayin kafen yam, shmuck.

I said they touched my wiener. I have just as much evidence as most of these claims. They should al be banned. No reason to look into my words at all.

As to Jewish, I am. I can randomly decide what’s offensive to me same as anyone else. Your inability to support me just shows you’re a traitor. Or, this stuff is all bullshit and we can all admit it and move on

Yes well I and plenty of people I know who also happen to be Asian would confront you if you called anyone Oriental unless you know them and they don't give a shit.

No shit it's not as offensive as g**k or ch**k but it doesn't make it un-offensive (actually should be inoffensive)...

Are you Asian?

No im black, but who told you it was offensive most likely someone who wasnt asian? Most people i know growing up in the 80s used that term all the time, white, black, even asians.

Most asians i knew were just hard workers and never complained about racism. It seems its more of the new americanized thrid and fourth generations who are easily offended by those words.

Mexicans call any asian chino or chinito does that offend you?

Also, you seem to be under the impression that , not a common belief among Jewish circles.

Did you forget that button takes people to the comment you cut? Expect them just to read the part you took? Jews did kill Jesus technically.

But here’s the whole comment and it was in response to the charades being brought up as a defense or a whataboutism for something muslims did
This is certainly relevant to today. We should discuss this every time a Muslim kills someone today. What about when the Jews killed Jesus? How about when Egyptians killed a Jew? What about when the Sumerians killed that other person? Why can't we bring Gilgamesh into the equation?

Back