Why did rock music die?

The producers and other untalented people wanted more power, so they got rid of people that played actual music, because then you HAVE to deal with them. There’s not as many. They wanted to be able to plug in whoever they wanted, based on who would fk them or kiss their azz etc.. Also, there’s a general anti-white narrative and obvious push to androgynize the men who will be the only ones to stand up once they start taking away rights like they always have, only this time with massive technology solidifying it. So Rock was a little too masculine from the people the system wanted to emasculate.

There’s a few things at play.

Reactions: JSN
In the 80s the "pop" music was mostly rock. The 90s started the Grunge/alt ....... late 90s early 00s Nu Metal ....... which was the last time rock ruled the airways. In the 00s Rap took over as well as a sissy version of alternative that passed for rock.

Now the radio considers 21 pilots, imagine dragons, and Mumford n son. To be rock.

Only good new music right now imo is outlaw country right now.

Well if this and the likes of Greta Van Fleet are the best representatives of new rock music we have, then it's no wonder the genre is dying. Not saying they're bad, just saying it's already been done, and done much better. Imitators rather than innovators, these guys aren't saving rock. No hate intended, btw.
I think you nailed it no one innovates any more just imitates the legends of the past.

When I was a kid my father listened to Q104 which was the classic rock station. The Who, Queen, Rolling Stones, etc. I haven’t listened to local radio in years but I was at a car wash recently where they had the station on and they were playing Nirvana. Damn did that make me feel old. Makes me wonder what they’ll be playing by the time my son’s my age if the station is even still around.
50 cents get rich or die trying is considered old music now lol that made me feel old.

The producers and other untalented people wanted more power, so they got rid of people that played actual music, because then you HAVE to deal with them. There’s not as many. They wanted to be able to plug in whoever they wanted, based on who would fk them or kiss their azz etc.. Also, there’s a general anti-white narrative and obvious push to androgynize the men who will be the only ones to stand up once they start taking away rights like they always have, only this time with massive technology solidifying it. So Rock was a little too masculine from the people the system wanted to emasculate.

Rock is not even that masculine though. Rock has been embracing homosexuality since the 80s, rap has only recently started embracing it and country starting to be ok with it too. Rockers have always been more liberal than middle america though

White people are dying off.

Plus, buying some shitty DJ kit/program is easier and cheaper than learning an actual instrument like guitar and then finding a group of people that all play different instruments and have the same musical vision as you.

yeah nothing says masculine rock like the massively popular 80s glam metal.

Everything you say is stupid and wrong.

I wonder if tying into the not wanting to deal with prissy/flaky artists is the fact that guys like Max Martin and Scott Storch proved they could write huge hits for pretty much any pop singer (who doesn’t necessarily have to sing). Businessmen always want predictable revenue. In most ways it’s actually better to have predictable revenue than considerably higher revenue over a long period if it only comes in spurts.
The rap game is the same way as pop. The producers spawn the hits and the rapping is coincidental. A rapper has to have a lot of hits to gain real power in the industry so it’s very easy to pump and dump faces when you can deal with a Dre/Timbaland type behind the scenes.

Alternative rock is pretty big now. Arctic Monkeys, Imagine Dragons (not a fan personally), & The Lumineers. I agree it’s not as big it as it was but there’s still some big names out now.

I wonder if tying into the not wanting to deal with prissy/flaky artists is the fact that guys like Max Martin and Scott Storch proved they could write huge hits for pretty much any pop singer (who doesn’t necessarily have to sing). Businessmen always want predictable revenue. In most ways it’s actually better to have predictable revenue than considerably higher revenue over a long period if it only comes in spurts.
The rap game is the same way as pop. The producers spawn the hits and the rapping is coincidental. A rapper has to have a lot of hits to gain real power in the industry so it’s very easy to pump and dump faces when you can deal with a Dre/Timbaland type behind the scenes.
Everybody wants to solidify their power if they can. Getting rid of bands and creating a “plug in anybody they want” system definitely gave them the power. Bands, to be honest, were too often bitch ass drama queens pretending their talent was more than it was, but looking at it now maybe their talent was a little more important than we thought.

Reactions: JSN
Alternative rock is pretty big now. Arctic Monkeys, Imagine Dragons (not a fan personally), & The Lumineers. I agree it’s not as big it as it was but there’s still some big names out now.
For millennials, they had/have pretty good electric music. Doesn’t get the station play here, because we suck, but techno and dance/electric has been better the last 10 years than it was in the 90s, available technology aside.

For millennials, they had/have pretty good electric music. Doesn’t get the station play here, because we suck, but techno and dance/electric has been better the last 10 years than it was in the 90s, available technology aside.

I got into the dance scene early 2000s, breaks and progressive house were big here, good times.

Telecommunications Act of 1996 allowed record labels to purchase radio stations, essentially controlling what was “mainstream”. Solo pop, rap and country acts are easier to manage than 4 or 5 ego driven rock stars, where one bad argument could destroy your cash cow that you’ve invested in. It was a business decision by the labels to kill the genre’s popularity. It’s no coincidence that the last boom period for rock music was the early to mid 90’s.

I’m curious as to why a law would need to be created to purchase a company. I know broadcasting requires certain licensing.. but what does one thing have to do with the other..?

While I’m not keeping up to date with this stuff as much as I once did.. I find it hard to believe there’s anything being put out now in terms of consistent quality thats topping ‘Lords of Acid’, ‘Prodigy’, ‘Chemical Brothers’ and ‘Aphex Twin’ to name a few

I’m curious as to why a law would need to be created to purchase a company. I know broadcasting requires certain licensing.. but what does one thing have to do with the other..?
Not sure of the exact inner workings but I’m assuming sort of conflict of interests that was regulated by the FCC. The act essentially deregulated it.

Yeah, Rock itself is in a hibernation period. It’s not dead, it’s just not really mainstream anymore. Metal is still pretty huge, but that was never truly mainstream.

While I’m not keeping up to date with this stuff as much as I once did.. I find it hard to believe there’s anything being put out now in terms of consistent quality thats topping ‘Lords of Acid’, ‘Prodigy’, ‘Chemical Brothers’ and ‘Aphex Twin’ to name a few
Well I was the only one out of my group that really liked chemical brothers, and daft punk was actually late 90s on the race scene.. But prodigy was more industrial sounding and personality driven, but I liked them too. I’m terms of straight electric music, I would say it’s pretty close, and I like a lot of the stuff from the last 15 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back