Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

I really only go to subway when Im out and about and theres not other options.
Maccas, KFC, make me sick (im getting old!)
at least a subway teriyaki doesnt make me have a shit stomach for the afternoon

I used to love Subway but rarely have it now. Maybe next time I'm hungover I'll go old school and get the meatball sub with everything and bbq sauce, that used to be my go to.

damn, this is a real old thread lol. i've had a bit of a change of heart when it comes to eating at subway. it's not very high quality, though if you're dirt poor, go for it. $10 isn't expensive if the sandwich is massive and of good quality. i still physically go into work, and there's an incredibly good sandwich shop across the street. they're on average $12-$13 dollars, but you get the absolute best quality, and the sandwiches are huge. unless you're really hungry, you can't eat it all in one sitting.
Holy crap how long ago did I say that? I will adjust with inflation, 20 dollars for a sandwich is not cheap.

On a social media website a libertarian will post a picture of a Subway sandwich then explain in a text caption how the shop managed to destroy their sub order. In reply 10 libertarians comment in displeasure how bad the subs are.

Quite hilarious lol

Stop going there people. Go to yelp. Search for sandwiches. Pick a shop with a high rating nearby. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere you have better local options.

Meh, it's my standard go-to for work lunch.

Chicken strips, lots of salad on wheat, no cheese, no sauce.

I don't understand the hate.

Because you've never tried anything better. If you went to a local sandwich shop with real chicken you wouldn't be fucking with that garbage.

Because it’s cool to hate Subway.

Because you've never tried anything better. If you went to a local sandwich shop with real chicken you wouldn't be fucking with that garbage.
I have but it's not available where I work. I get paid by the hour and want to get over there, grab something quickly and go back to work.

Fuck staying at work any later that I have to.

I have but it's not available where I work. I get paid by the hour and want to get over there, grab something quickly and go back to work.

Fuck staying at work any later that I have to.

Those "chicken strips" you're eating are 50% soy. There's gotta be something better nearby.

Haven't been to a Subway in ages. Rather would go to a mom and pop's deli.

What's there not to like?

Cheap
Tasty Sandwiches
Wide Variety
Convenient
Healthy

What other place can you get a quality footlong for 5 bucks?
They're not bad but there's other places that are better TBH.

Pretty much any other sandwhich shop is gonna be better, especially if it’s not a chain.

It’s always struck me as a bit odd that they’ve never offered mushrooms as a topping. Other sub places in Canada offer mushrooms, like Mr. Sub or Quiznos, but not Subway for some reason. I wonder why.

Back