Why do people hate or love mike perry so much?

he's entertaining both inside and outside the octagon, but he just isn't elite, or even good.
2-4 in his last 6, constantly gassing out, getting droped and being hurt - sooner or later his chin will be gone and when that day comes, with his defense, it will be downhill from there.
cut from UFC inside 2 years.

I dislike him for the absurd amount of biased treatment shown him by the UFC which comes at the cost of fighters like Vicente Luque who have much more objectively impressive records but get sidelined because they don't speak English as well and who also, by the way, deserved a much better opponent than the one he got in Mike Perry.

He sucks. Dont care about him at all because he's he's a garbage fighter who says stupid shit.

I dont see the appeal

He's this generation's Baroni. I feel like Baroni gave too much of himself in gym wars and sparring with bigger guys. I believe Plat might have a higher ceiling but he has been hanging around small gyms. The people he spars/trains with are still amateurs.

he's entertaining both inside and outside the octagon, but he just isn't elite, or even good.
2-4 in his last 6, constantly gassing out, getting droped and being hurt - sooner or later his chin will be gone and when that day comes, with his defense, it will be downhill from there.
cut from UFC inside 2 years.

I think his nose job will give him issues psychologically

95% of fighters are boring as fuck. Perry is in the 5%.

Same as with Jones, GSP, Fedor.

People hate greatness, it’s all they know.

He’s lost every time he’s taken a step into the Top 15-10 (Jouban, Cerrone, Ponzi). I’m still mad after Kamaru got shafted a POTN after he folded Moraes where Perry stopped some debuting bum.

Moraes is nothing much to look at either. Besides, UFC probably should have given it to usMan. Cause he will never have an exciting fight like that ever again unless he drops severely down the rankings

I dislike him for the absurd amount of biased treatment shown him by the UFC which comes at the cost of fighters like Vicente Luque who have much more objectively impressive records but get sidelined because they don't speak English as well and who also, by the way, deserved a much better opponent than the one he got in Mike Perry.
Deserves a better opponent than Perry but barely won/ Many think he lost. Great logic right there.

I always watch Perry fights because he's a wildman and entertaining as fuck to watch in and out of the octagon. This card could have been absolute dog shit but his fight was great. Cant ask for much more than that.

i don't hate or love perry, but his fights are generally worth watching, and his antics outside the ring are funny, sometimes. but god is he stupid, what sort of drongo practises choke defence by hanging yourself in the gym?

Back