Why do people hate Weidman SO much

His haters are usually foreigners or sjw's who hate america.

Could say the same about anyone. Especially guys like Bisping that get a load of anti British sentiment with their hate. Americans don't like cocky foreigners either. Which is why Conor is hated and Mike Perry is loved. Why Bisping is hated and Chael is loved.

Rockhold might want to check his own record sometime.

Luke's record since he got out of Strikeforce Challengers:
Jacare - 5 years older
Jardine - 9 years older
Kennedy - 5 years older
Vitor - 8 years older
Philippou - 5 years older
Boetsch - 4 years older
Bisping - 6 years older
Machida - 7 years older
Weidman - 1 year older
Bisping - 6 years older

Where exactly are these young studs that Luke has been fighting? Rockhold has literally been fighting the exact same fighters.
Yup very true

I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?

I like Chris. I think people who hate him are fans of fighters he has beaten.

Um...Jones, Chael and Conor just off the top of my head. Lots of people really dug Tito's act too. Hell, even Colby Covington seems to have a growing fan base. Fighters are convinced to act that way for a reason.

I mean, Im brazilian, a massive fan of Anderson Silva, but I dont have anything against the chris. He's a decent guy and a good fighter.

I think the Silva fan hate is vastly exaggerated. Weidman has shown a cocky and arrogant side more than a few times now. It's odd to me that some of his fans are trying to excuse that. Especially when they wait for Silva, or Jones to make any utterance whatsoever, so they can talk shit. They are suck ass hypocrites and pieces of moose shit.

like?? I have no idea who your talking about

All I can tell you is what made me turn on him. Now, I don't hate him. His skill set is pretty impressive, and he tends to be in fun fights. I just find him kind of annoying. First, wearing the American flag to the cage seems a bit pretentious, and it seems aimed at getting a "cheap pop." Next, his handling of the Mousasi fight ("Those knees were illegal? I can't continue! I'm too hurt! Oh, wait, what?! They were legal?! I'm fine! Why is the ref stopping the fight?! This is unfair!") showed some underhanded and/or dishonest tactics. So, I guess, for me, its wrapping himself in the flag, and then acting like that.

Why is wearing the flag pretentious?

Skillwise he's a great fighter, one of the best wrestlers out there and a tough motherfucker. His striking ain't up to par with the best but his toughness and good timing can make him look good against anyone.
Still, I don't like him and want him to lose, but was glad he won against gastelum cause i don t want him to get cut and think he can hang there with the best

Wand was the biggest asshole in MMA and was almost universally loved
He was not stupid, neither loudmouth
Um...Jones, Chael and Conor just off the top of my head. Lots of people really dug Tito's act too. Hell, even Colby Covington seems to have a growing fan base. Fighters are convinced to act that way for a reason.
Chael and Conor stupid? Seriously?

All these guys you are mentioning (wand as well) have a personality and are not stupid at all.

what? are people seriously not remembering the mousasi fight? guy blatantly tried to milk the system by pretending that he was more hurt than he actually was, then started begging for forgiveness when he was caught.

Rockhold might want to check his own record sometime.

Luke's record since he got out of Strikeforce Challengers:
Jacare - 5 years older
Jardine - 9 years older
Kennedy - 5 years older
Vitor - 8 years older
Philippou - 5 years older
Boetsch - 4 years older
Bisping - 6 years older
Machida - 7 years older
Weidman - 1 year older
Bisping - 6 years older

Where exactly are these young studs that Luke has been fighting? Rockhold has literally been fighting the exact same fighters.

Rockhold is the youngest guy in the MW top 5 besides Whittaker(who become a top 5 a couple of months ago). It's like saying "Jon Jones only fought people older than him" lol. For example: yeah,Jacare is 5 years older....but Rockhold was 27 and Jacare 32 when they fought. 32 vs 27 is a bit different than 29 vs 38,don't you think?. Vitor was 8 years older but he was on TRT. Weidman is not older than Rockhold also,they were both born in 1984(big brother is watching you!)

He was not stupid, neither loudmouth

Chael and Conor stupid? Seriously?

All these guys you are mentioning (wand as well) have a personality and are not stupid at all.

Chael was stupid enough to get caught committing a felony.

We'll see how smart Conor is in 5-10 years. Will he be broke by then?

Besides, stupid's a matter of opinion anyway. Anybody can call anybody else stupid for any reason.

I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?
My wife likes him, but I'm not the biggest fan. I honestly think it's the message board effect. When a guy dieded in the cage and goes on to make the inevitable excuse the next day, it makes us aficionados so much salt!

TooMuchSalt.w830.web.jpg

Rockhold is the youngest guy in the MW top 5 besides Whittaker(who become a top 5 a couple of months ago). It's like saying "Jon Jones only fought people older than him" lol. For example: yeah,Jacare is 5 years older....but Rockhold was 27 and Jacare 32 when they fought. 32 vs 27 is a bit different than 29 vs 38,don't you think?. Vitor was 8 years older but he was on TRT. Weidman is not older than Rockhold also,they were both born in 1984(big brother is watching you!)
Vitor had higher testosterone levels than Chris did, despite being the older guy.
Sounds like you're picking and choosing when guys are considered old and not, especially considering who Weidman and Rockhold have been losing to lately.

Rockhold just lost to a 38 year old Bisping. Weidman just lost to a 40 year old Romero.
When's the cut off point? Is it 38 or not?

And I was just going off their ages from Wikipedia. My sleuthing only goes so far.

what? are people seriously not remembering the mousasi fight? guy blatantly tried to milk the system by pretending that he was more hurt than he actually was, then started begging for forgiveness when he was caught.

Nearly every fighter has done that, usually with borderline groin shots. It was just a strategy that backfired. People who make comments like this have never competed at anything in their lives. And if they have, they weren't any good.

Back