Why Do People "Respect" CM Punk For MMA Faux Pas

I do respect him. He was putting himself in the line of scrutiny, and he probably knew he was likely to fail. He had an opportunity and decided to take it, can't really fault him for that.

Cause your average person will not choose to get punched in the face in front of millions of people

Just here to say I have zero respect for him. He took a massive pay day and two spots on cards from actual fighters who dedicate their lives to getting on those cards to show their skills. Fuck him and fuck the UFC.

Honestly, this whole "respect" thing is ridiculous. So he didn't win his fights after at least having the balls to try to do it. That doesn't mean we should all just disrespect him as a man. He at least tried, which is more than 99.99% of the entire population of Earth has done. For that alone, I respect the guy at least a little bit.

For the record, I don't watch pro wrasslin' so I didn't have any preconceived notion of how I wanted his career to play out and didn't have an opinion on the guy one way or another.

AJ Lee, FTW!

aj-lee.gif

Respect who you want. No one cares. Dude tried and the argument of him taking the place of another fighter thats up to the UFC. They're a business and to blame CM is childish. The man followed a passion however temporary it may have been.
Agree. It's like everyone thinks he stormed into Dana's office and strong armed him into putting him on PPV cards. If anyone is going to be upset that he got onto PPV, they should be upset with the UFC, not Phil Brooks.

It was insult to the sport and fighters

Coupled with the fact that the UFC barely compensates real fighters and gave a performer 2 million is insult to injury

Agree. It's like everyone thinks he stormed into Dana's office and strong armed him into putting him on PPV cards. If anyone is going to be upset that he got onto PPV, they should be upset with the UFC, not Phil Brooks.

Extend it beyond the UFC - Names sell... Only a fool wouldn't profit from that moment...

It probably has to do with the fact he actually challenged himself. How many of us, let alone pro wrestlers have ever put themselves out in front of millions for a real cage fight?

Most of your post seems to actually be about pro wrestling which I do not watch. But wrestlers, bjj players, judokas, and other “supposed” combat athletes never have to worry about getting punched, or kicked in the face for real. He tried, and obviously failed. But, he tried.

If you’re going to hate on something. This seems like one of the more senseless thing to hate on.
He tried for an assload of money... Let's not act like this was some real act of bravery. He made a million in disclosed pay between the two fights. I think a looooot of people are willing to step in for that.

ahhh only intelligent ppl dont respect Punk..... got it...
Lol
Not surprised that you completely missed the point. Not the sharpest knife the drawer.

You are a misogynist whose opinion is worthless. Welcome to the ignore list!

I respect any one who has the balls to step into the cage and compete...

Dude fought his heart out and tried his best...

Dont let the fact he wasnt good at it after 2 times only get in the way of respecting the fact he still did it..

Imagine doing your first fight with millions watching.... That alone is enough to make people quit...
it doesn't take balls to get your ass kicked for 500k.

Just here to say I have zero respect for him. He took a massive pay day and two spots on cards from actual fighters who dedicate their lives to getting on those cards to show their skills. Fuck him and fuck the UFC.
This guy gets it.

Back