Why do some.of you still post on Sherdog if you're not an MMA fan anymore?

I'm currently living in a time zone that makes it a royal pain in the ass to keep up with the UFC.

And also, I think we've moved past the high point of its appeal. I mean just look at UFC 300. There isn't even half the enthusiasm of UFC 200.

This reminds me of NASCAR, which was huge in the 90s up until around 2006. Then france introduced the car of tommarow, and people bailed. But it wasn't just that, the most popular guys from that highpoint era, started retiring. The same thing is happening to the UFC

Mind your own damn business,
also because you touch your self at night.

This is a karate forum, get that straight

I don’t watch as much as I used to, mostly because I work most Saturday nights and watching live is hard. I mostly avoid the heavies because I’m just not as familiar with the roster and what’s going on as I used to be. But I’ve been on this forum for 10+ years so I still find myself coming back to it, there’s a good variety of people on here and I enjoy reading the random threads in Mayberry.

Also I respect that most people here have a sense of humor and don’t take things too seriously.

I watch clips after the events still, but UFC is too expensive now and 2/3's of rhe fights are amateur level WMMA fights and guys under 155 lbs.

That just doesn't interest me.

Other sports have highlight shows on TV where you can keep up with the sport without having to watch 20 games a week.

That's basically how I follow UFC now. I watch the highlghts.

I watch MMA, particularly UFC events pretty much still. I'm going to watch tonight for sure.

Plus Sherdog forums is not really exclusively MMA discussions. What's so great about this site is that you can discuss virtually about anything that's what intrigues me the most about Sherdog.

Like many joined cos massive ufc fan which has over the years become less exciting for me with diluted fight cards. Probably more into boxing nowadays. But love posting shit here

giphy.webp
Came here to say this.

In the mid-2000s there were less fighters. Maybe? I could follow and root for dudes for a few years, there was that continuity. Plus back then there were fights every so often it seemed like. Not every fucking week. I can’t keep track of that shit. Plus back then each event was a fucking party. Cooking food with friends or at the bar throwin then back with friends, girls at the bar! all while the big fight was on. It was something we looked forward to. Now it like, meh a fights on.

This right here. PPVs were a monthly excuse to get together, undercard fighters were more well known because there were fewer fights.

I'm still an MMA fan and pretty hyped for UFC 300, but it's just not what it use to be. With that being said I still question myself ever time I click on my Mayberry shortcut 🥴

I'm generally bored with mma & boxing, but I still have an interest in big name fights.

This reminds me of NASCAR, which was huge in the 90s up until around 2006. Then france introduced the car of tommarow, and people bailed

This is an interesting comparison, the C.O.T. ripped away a lot of the individual personality from Nascar in much the same way that the Reebok uniforms ripped away a lot of the character and personality from the fighters

I still love mma I post in the heavies just not that much these days

Back