Why does every guy talk about how bad marriage is?

Pics of your soon to be wife would be useful so we can all see if she is truly worthy……. include elbows and as much breast and ass meat as possible in the photo in order to receive a full and fair assessment.
Better yet - what is her OF page?

marriage is a scam. why do u need to get the government involved in your relationship
Because taxes are a scam too. But being married gives you an advantage.

And marriage is also like an accountability tool of sorts. Most everyone I know sucks at accountability and sticking shit out, marriage is just a tool to help accommodate that (with benefits thrown in)

That and 'wife' has less syllables and rolls off the tongue so much easier than 'girlfriend' or 'side chick'.

10 years here. Marriage is pretty awesome for me. It's honestly been the honor of my life to be a husband and father. Like others have stated some, people change over time. Adapt to the changes. Sure, sex isn't likely to be errryday like it is in the "Honeymoon phase." Things get deeper than the physical in marriage. You're quite figuratively and quite literally legally combining your self into 1 person. As for the money and prenuptial shit that people are talking about, it depends on where you're at financially at the time of marriage. My wife and I met when I was an intern and had fuck all. If we got divorced, she'd certainly deserve half of everything. Doesn't matter if she was the homemaker or the breadwinner. We made it all together, we distribute it all together. As Dave Ramsey says, "Remove 'me' from your vocabulary and change it to 'we'."

Marriage in the eyes of regular folk is about love. In the eyes of the government its a business arrangement.

Because taxes are a scam too. But being married gives you an advantage.

And marriage is also like an accountability tool of sorts. Most everyone I know sucks at accountability and sticking shit out, marriage is just a tool to help accommodate that (with benefits thrown in)

That and 'wife' has less syllables and rolls off the tongue so much easier than 'girlfriend' or 'side chick'
marriage does not make people more accountable. and it's just as easy to say "my bitch" as "my wife"

so that just leaves taxes. and if the only reason you have for getting married is to save money on taxes then you should just skip the marriage and earn more money to compensate.

marriage does not make people more accountable. and it's just as easy to say "my bitch" as "my wife"

so that just leaves taxes. and if the only reason you have for getting married is to save money on taxes then you should just skip the marriage and earn more money to compensate.
Okay, well then in laymans terms - She is my best friend.

Thats my why.

Marriage scares the fuck out of me… i love my girl and she asks about when I’m going to propose every other week but I am filled with fear surrounding it. I am scared that she will change or that growth will stop. I have a fear of stagnation in any relationship in my life. I’m also scared of losing my freedom. I don’t cheat and I’m faithful but I need to feel free to travel and work and grow in my personal and business life.

She puts up with A LOT though with me. I have a crazy past and 4 kids (3 mothers and never married). We’ve been together 3 years and she wants that long term stability and to start a family with me.. a part of me feels like I want to give her that but I am also man enough to admit that it scares me. It doesn’t help that I don’t have many examples of what I would consider happy and healthy marriages around me.

Marriage isn't really the life altering event that many think it is.

Having kids is.

Some guys thrive in marriage and parenthood, but make no mistake - you are absolutely giving up 95% of your freedom when the kids come along. It can be very enjoyable and fulfilling, but if you're a man who really enjoys doing what you want, when you want, it's gonna be an adjustment.

Twice divorced here. On the bright side, the first one cleaned me out so much that #2 barely got anything. <lol>

But seriously, people are pretty much brainwashed to find someone they can tolerate and have kids they don't want in order to climb the ladder society has convinced them exists.

The happiest people are married

The most miserable people are also married.

Both can be true.

Anyone married long enough can taste a miserable marriage.

If you’re not having sex twice a month, your marriage is probably in trouble and you don’t even know it.

From there, your marriage can go to hell in a blink of an eye, you didn’t even see the warning signs, because it’s not apparent.

How many people can describe early signs of damage, which leads to the progression of hatred/disdain? Even if you can spot it, can you reverse course?

Marriage is a serious contract that oddly changes with time, the state dictates terms, they change terms, and a crap contract

No can do but she’s 5’10. Her father and brother both have great hairlines. We’re not planning on kids but I like the genetics. I’m a big guy too, maybe we can breed an NHL power forward

5’10 usually comes with big ugly feet with a 2nd toe bigger than the big toe, suggest you ensure you retain ownership of your sneakers in your prenup

She'll say yes but then it will turn awkward when you bring up the prenup. Good luck

It’s a beautiful thing when done right. Not that I know from experience, but there are rumors it works out for some.

I think she’s earned it. When our new house is finally finished, I’m going to propose.

I’m going to get a prenup to clarify what’s legally mine

im getting the feeling this was your first mistake. building a house together before a prenup is in place... that could be a mess in the future.

make sure you have a professional arrange it for you, cause your not only protecting your assets now, but also in the future.

good luck with it. i hope you never need the prenup

Married for 21 years in September I don’t have a bad thing to say about my wife or the institution of marriage.
I would say though that the strength behind any good relationship is communication, kindness, and having gone through tough parts of life together.

Back