Why does everyone claim Woodley Thompson 1 was bad? | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 'Suga Daddy', Oct 12, 2017.

1. bambammccoy Black Belt

bambammccoy
    Agreed. One of the better cards as a whole in recent years.

2. Lord Toranaga Brown Belt

Lord Toranaga
    First fight was most boring FOTN in UFC history. The 4th round was exciting. Watch the 5th round and tell me that 1st fight was exciting. Woodley doesn't throw 1 strike in the 5th. They only got FOTN to promote the rematch.

juanM3, mon and DaPunkMinowaMan like this.
  3. JSN #NotMyNelly

JSN
    The first fight was a decent fight. It had solid moments. The second fight was 25 minutes of the worst parts of the first fight, so in retrospect people kind of lump them together.

4. Leone510 Orange Belt

Leone510
    your looking at 90% casual fans that complain about fights like that because they are on the fence on weather or not that actually like fighting or watch it to try and fit in.
    They get bored after 2 rounds and will complain about anything, lets not forget they are the ones that think fighters are suppose to march forward with no caution
    and swing till they both have brain damage just because they spent 50 bucks on a PPV. Believe in what you see not what you hear because what you hear just might be coming from a jack ass/donkey.

5. dc007 mr. white belt

dc007
    First fight was awesome which made the letdown of the second "fight" even worse.

6. executionermma Welcher Belt

executionermma
    the first one was bad and the second was terrible

baba2008 likes this.
  7. MEAN357 DMF belt

MEAN357
    cuz ppl hate woodley and wanted wonderbread to win. He didnt so they hated it. same general gut reaction ignorant fuck ass beta males have about any topic they dont dont get their way in

Bend NvR Break likes this.
  8. AnotherOldGuy Purple Belt

AnotherOldGuy
    Woodley and Thompson are both heavily disliked (for example, I'm guessing you're not using 'wonderbread' as a compliment), not really sure why in either case, but its pretty obvious from the various threads. Of course both also have some very enthusiastic fans, but in general both have considerably more haters than fans.

Some of that comes with being successful. If you did a count on the absolute number of threads and posts against each fighter in MMA you'd find that the guys who've gotten the most hate are (in no particular order) Lesnar, Jones, Anderson, Fedor, GSP, Rousey, and Conor - who not coincidentally are the most well known fighters. No doubt if Woodley and Thompson stick around long enough and do well enough they too will reach the numbers of hate posts/threads that the long time champs have reached, but neither is in that territory yet.

The first fight was a decent fight, some dull moments, some good moments. I'd have given it to Woodley, but it was close, and both were there to fight. The second was extremely dull, and I think people are projecting it back onto the first.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  9. El Fernas Black Belt

El Fernas
    First fight was good, clear WB 3-2, rematch was horrible.

10. ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

ufcfan4
    Do they? I thought it was legit fight of the night- all the more impressive on a damn good, memorable card. That's what made the follow up so upsetting...

11. MEAN357 DMF belt

MEAN357
    I dont recall anyone disliking wonderboy before the woodley fight. If they dislike him now its cuz he lost and failed them in their minds. He was wildly hyped and was the next big thing and 'true champ at ww' I like the guy plenty myself he's prolly the best striker in the sport. I just call him that to piss ppl of. Also a big fan of Woodley, dudes the most likeable champ in the UFC by a mile and thats hilarious because he's so widely hated.

<OKC16>

12. mon Purple Belt

mon
    Fuck me, sherdogs caught dementia. There wouldn't have been 1 thread stating this after the fight as it was complete shit and its just as well the 2nd was worse to allow you to fixate on it.

I can't believe it, its like people are parrots and if something gets repeated ehough people will believe it. Is there a Woodley fight coming up so the shills are pumping it up.

13. JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Purple Belt

JustBleed69
    48-47 Wonderboy

14. 'Suga Daddy' Orange Belt

'Suga Daddy'
    I have seen so many people post about Woodley being in 3 straight snoozers

15. 'Suga Daddy' Orange Belt

'Suga Daddy'
    Did I say Chess match? No

16. savantor Orange Belt

savantor
    For me, it was partially a result of bleed over from the wonderboy-Macdonald fight.

After that snooze fest, I just wasn't totally convinced that the pereceived results and excitement of that fight were as decisive as some people, ahem, insisted they were, and I felt slightly offended for being labeled a loser and moron for thinking otherwise.

17. Fadetoblack918 Green Belt

Fadetoblack918
    Does everyone think the first one sucked? I thought it was a good fight, the second one was pretty bad though.

18. DaPunkMinowaMan #Pancrase[1990s] / Rings / Vale Tudo[1920s-80s]

DaPunkMinowaMan
    Did I say u said it?

Im sayin´it...

lee.gif

19. AnotherOldGuy Purple Belt

AnotherOldGuy
    I like Woodley, and don't mind Thompson. But Thompson has had a lot of critics for many years - fans too of course, but more critics. Look at his old threads, for everyone hyping Thompson there were a couple of folks dissing him.

A lot of that, for both Woodley and Thompson, is that they're successful, and that always brings out critics - and the more successful the more critics. Neither gets anywhere near the pure amount of hate that Lesnar, Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor or Rousey have received over the years. Again, just look at the hate all the top guys get - and the bigger the name, the more hate. Something about human nature I guess.

MEAN357 and Bend NvR Break like this.
  20. That209 Lord High Executioner

That209
    Dan Quinn's house learning hands of steel
    Because it wasn’t a brawl.