Why don’t some people accept that Poverty in America is a lifestyle choice?

LOL @ working 5 jobs to not be poor.

Dont you know man, in Murkastan working 5 jobs = freedom

Everywhere else in the world working 5 jobs = slavery, but Murka exists in an alternate universe outside the realm of facts.

Because for some people, it was due to a lifestyle choice of their great-grandparents.

Bullshit. No one chooses to be poor. It is simply fucked up that people can work 40 hrs/week and make too little money to live on. People that have jobs should not be living at or near the poverty level, even if they are not making poor life choices.

And there are way too many people that have this feeling of entitlement to be worthless shitbags because their parent(s) and grandparent(s) felt entitled to be on welfare and disability. I watched a doc one time where some Appalachian trash was bitching that she was not getting enough to live on and actually said she deserved more money because her mammy got more money back in the day. These are the people that have kids every two years as a financial investment because they get paid for the first two years of that child’s life. These are the people that take pride in being on disability and take their kids to doctors after loading them up with sugar so they can’t sit still and the doctor says they have adhd, then they take them to another doctor to get them labeled as something else to get more money.

I hate trash that games the system. But people that work should be making so much more than the people relishing in their inbred welfare lifestyle. I am more than happy to help out a family that works, but has trouble paying rent and for food. They deserve help. But I hate the thought and fact that we pay some people to simply exist. Those are the people that choose poverty, but don’t bash on people grinding out a living working 2 jobs.

Also, single mother + 1 kid needs to make $30k, $18k + $12k for child day-care, to rise above poverty. That's not so easy for many.

She didn't become a mom by accident...

Edit: to be fair tho she could be a widower

Why don't some people accept that there many reasons for poverty.

It’s not your fault if you start off poor, but it sure as hell is if you end up that way.

Dont you know man, in Murkastan working 5 jobs = freedom

Everywhere else in the world working 5 jobs = slavery, but Murka exists in an alternate universe outside the realm of facts.
Yeah but imagine the size of the guy working 5 jobs, bootstraps. Huge

I started out poor now i'm middle class, if i did it that means everyone else can and should. What a load of bollocks!
You should join a cult, they also see the world in a black and white way with no shades of grey at all.

It’s not your fault if you start off poor, but it sure as hell is if you end up that way.
Medical issues and injury can also make a person poor. Issues that are out of their hands and may not have a remedy.

Medical issues and injury can also make a person poor. Issues that are out of their hands and may not have a remedy.
Those are an overwhelming minority of poverty cases. The trailer parks and projects are not full of injured people with medical issues that prevent them from working.

Poverty IS a lifestyle choice. It is the result of hundreds of years of whites enjoying and benefiting from their lifestyle choice of owning slaves and creating racial hierarchies throughout the world. It's the result of people feeling like they don't belong, because they were told for hundreds of years that they were worthless. Not only that, but their behaviors are also labeled as "criminal activities" by those that want to put as many of them back in jail and place them back in a state of servitude and alienation.

Poverty IS a lifestyle choice. It is the result of hundreds of years of whites enjoying and benefiting from their lifestyle choice of owning slaves and creating racial hierarchies throughout the world. It's the result of people feeling like they don't belong, because they were told for hundreds of years that they were worthless. Not only that, but their behaviors are also labeled as "criminal activities" by those that want to put as many of them back in jail and place them back in a state of servitude and alienation.

This post is extremely ignorant and racist against Caucasian people. Take your racism somewhere else

Yeah but imagine the size of the guy working 5 jobs, bootstraps. Huge
thats cos he used Bootstrap Buddy ® only $9.99 !!!
(we are not liable for death or injury caused by misuse of product)

Prove my last comment to be wrong.

Prove it to be right. You can’t because it’s a racist narrative. This thread is about all people in poverty and has nothing to do with race. More Caucasian people are on welfare than any other race. Choosing to live in poverty in America has nothing to do with race no matter how much you bigoted leftists want it to be.

That's right, if tomorrow all poor people just decided to act right, a bunch of well-paying jobs would simply open up.

What would happen to the tens of millions of janitorial, restaurant, construction, etc. jobs? They would magically start paying $20/hour. Oh, but cost of living wouldn't shoot up as drastically, either.

How in the fuck is all this going to happen? Stop being a lazy shitbag, that's how.

I can think of many ways that a high school dropout can learn job skills for free and make $100,000 a year within 2 years. Is that doable in Sweden?

That certainly won't be common, but I would need proof of that to be common in the US before believing that as well. I see you completely abandoned what you were talking about before. No, comment whatsoever on my question or the validity of your statements as there's nothing here about supporting that $30k is "making it" in western Europe, or that you think socio-economic mobility is just about non-rich people becoming rich. That seems to be a far too common thing on Sherdog when people get caught being wrong. Too few man up to even that low bar.

The funny part about people defending the wealth distribution and socio-economic mobility is that in studies both sides of the US political voter base show that they have about the same ideal distribution and the same views on how the current situation is. That in turn also shows that both sides are equally wrong on how the state is, as it's far more tilted towards the rich than they think.

Chronic Illness
Choices of your Grandparents
Sheer luck
Not knowing the right people

etc.

Back