Why dont McGregors opponents kick his legs more?

He's never fought a fighter that can kick effectively. That's all

i'm reffering a fighter his own size
by the way . And when was the last aldo used his low kicks. Let's not pretend aldo is a real kicker.
In a pro kickboxing fight mcg would get dismantled ten times worse than in a pro boxing fight.

His own size lol. As if Aldo didn't kill himself to make 145 either.

This isn't "pro kickboxing". This is MMA.

I bet faber can't block legkick to this days.
Ohhh so it has nothing to do with Aldo's kicks? You're a special kind of special. I'm SURE a vet like Faber has no idea how to check a leg kick. I mean, I bet he never spent one second of his extensive training practicing. I'm SURE it also had nothing to do with the timing, technique or power that the former soccer player kicks with.

You can't be this dumb with an account from 2014.

His sideways stance makes him vulnerable. Eddie alnost dropped McGregor with leg kicks then for no reason started boxing with him and got starched.

Aldo didn't even throw a kick instead dove in for a ko punch for some reason.
I think Conor has them too emotionally attached to KOing him. I never understood why Eddie stopped the leg kicks either. It looked like Conor started chirping him and he lost composure.

I think he broke a guy's leg in the regional circuit from it and Holloway broke his foot too. You are right it is risky but if used well it is a great strategy like what he used in the rematch vs Nate.

Yeah but he question was why it isn't used against Conor (i.e. he checks them and is a great counter puncher). Nate hardly ever checks his kicks which is why Conor employed it.

what is the point in your response? did you "win" the game or something? The fight was like 4 strikes and 13 seconds long. Don't be dumb on purpose solely so as to trump someone else.
Nah. It was just a reply to an absurd post. Jose Aldo has a long history of having the nastiest kicks the featherweight division has seen. I didn't see the purpose in posting more than that. Obviously it was over very quickly, but to say that Conor has never beaten a great kicker is just ridiculous.

i guess i have my own references

Feel free to have your kickboxing buddies to fight Conor in MMA. Let's see how these kicks work when you are getting dumped on your head.

Because he moves better than a lot of fighters, going for leg kicks on some one with the speed on Conor will likely not work out well at all.

He moves in and out to well.

Everyone who kicks his legs at this level had some success except 19 year old Max.

Still risky but these bums think they have better hands than they do end up getting cracked anyway.

Says the dumbest ignorant on earth. Tell us more about your fighting experience ?
Do not even bother to respond. I already know
Boxing 4 years and BJJ blue belt.

Dumbass, he's fought kickers before like Aldo, one of the best kickers in the game.

Ohhh so it has nothing to do with Aldo's kicks? You're a special kind of special. I'm SURE a vet like Faber has no idea how to check a leg kick. I mean, I bet he never spent one second of his extensive training practicing. I'm SURE it also had nothing to do with the timing, technique or power that the former soccer player kicks with.

You can't be this dumb with an account from 2014.

your'e obviously not the smartest tool in the shed. but it's a good thing that ridicule never killed anyone especially you.

well i played football (real football) for a long long time AND i practice kickboxing/muay tai for more than 20yrs, even been referee for some yrs.

oh and playing football has nothing to do with lowkicks.....that's what "too much of joe rogan" does to you.

i guess you're a grown ass man who has all legitimacy too teach your knowledges..but no, i know you're not just by reading you.

lol one could not be more ignorant than you. but ok i'm this dumb what can i say

Boxing 4 years and BJJ blue belt.

Dumbass, he's fought kickers before like Aldo, one of the best kickers in the game.

lol gros bouffon comique que tu es ^^

"Boxing 4 years and BJJ blue belt." nope you lie

"Dumbass" not as much as you by far

"one of the best kickers in the game" GTFO with that shit...you're very funny

t'es un vrai rigolo. mais bon on a l'habitude ici

Feel free to have your kickboxing buddies to fight Conor in MMA. Let's see how these kicks work when you are getting dumped on your head.

you guys need to grow up. or maybe sherdog is no more a good place to share insightful thoughts about combat sport.

Nah. It was just a reply to an absurd post. Jose Aldo has a long history of having the nastiest kicks the featherweight division has seen. I didn't see the purpose in posting more than that. Obviously it was over very quickly, but to say that Conor has never beaten a great kicker is just ridiculous.

I mean, you're right but countering a good kickers first strike (a punch) and KOing him is hardly the same as fighting even a full round with a good kicker who uses his kicks. That's not to say his ko wasn't impressive though.

It's like fighting an amazing wrestler who only boxes with you. It's probably a great achievement but it doesn't really speak to your ability to repeat it against another great wrestler, nor for your TDD, etc...

your'e obviously not the smartest tool in the shed. but it's a good thing that ridicule never killed anyone especially you.

well i played football (real football) for a long long time AND i practice kickboxing/muay tai for more than 20yrs, even been referee for some yrs.

oh and playing football has nothing to do with lowkicks.....that's what "too much of joe rogan" does to you.

i guess you're a grown ass man who has all legitimacy too teach your knowledges..but no, i know you're not just by reading you.

lol one could not be more ignorant than you. but ok i'm this dumb what can i say

The exact definition of when a whole lot of words mean absolutely nothing. I like how you focus on like 3 words in my entire post lmao you can do better, bud.

I, too, played soccer. For 14 years actually, and it absolutely has a lot to do with kicking power. Utilizing your leg muscles for years on end will without a doubt build up your muscle, aiding in power. Wearing down your muscle through intense practice 2-3 times a day will cause muscle growth. It's basic science, bud. Obviously it's technique, too, which Aldo clearly possesses. I honestly question whether or not you've ever seen WEC Aldo fight. I don't believe you have, otherwise you wouldn't make such baseless and, if I may say so, rather asinine claims.

But no, you're right. Aldo is a terrible kicker. Never thrown a good leg kick in his life. Might as well cut both his legs off and leave him with stumps since he's so useless with them!!

You're technically right. I had a better response written but had an issue when I hit "post" and it was deleted when I hit back. Don't care to write it again. Cheers.

You're technically right. I had a better response written but had an issue when I hit "post" and it was deleted when I hit back. Don't care to write it again. Cheers.

you guys need to grow up. or maybe sherdog is no more a good place to share insightful thoughts about combat sport.

Nothing insightful bringing up pure kickboxers into MMA discussion.

Yeah but he question was why it isn't used against Conor (i.e. he checks them and is a great counter puncher). Nate hardly ever checks his kicks which is why Conor employed it.
I have a theory why, but I wont say. Sure he has counters but I dont buy the touch of death nonsense. There are effective ways to use the kick and defend too. I guess most guys he fought were scared to get hit back.

Funny, it was when Nate finally checked a kick Conor stopped throwing it. He also left the cage on crutches.

Last edited:
Back