Why dont McGregors opponents kick his legs more?

Nah. It was just a reply to an absurd post. Jose Aldo has a long history of having the nastiest kicks the featherweight division has seen. I didn't see the purpose in posting more than that. Obviously it was over very quickly, but to say that Conor has never beaten a great kicker is just ridiculous.

not that much. conor with his fighting stance is very prone to leg kicks. he's yet to face a very good striker who can kick and move well.

Nothing insightful bringing up pure kickboxers into MMA discussion.

why not ? is this written in the book of law ?
sometimes you bring other exemples to make a point, why is it that hard to understand ?

truth is most you need to chill out. i can assure you, discussions would be a lot more interesting

Boxing 4 years and BJJ blue belt.

Dumbass, he's fought kickers before like Aldo, one of the best kickers in the game.
I lol'd at "dumbest ignorant on earth"

The exact definition of when a whole lot of words mean absolutely nothing. I like how you focus on like 3 words in my entire post lmao you can do better, bud.

I, too, played soccer. For 14 years actually, and it absolutely has a lot to do with kicking power. Utilizing your leg muscles for years on end will without a doubt build up your muscle, aiding in power. Wearing down your muscle through intense practice 2-3 times a day will cause muscle growth. It's basic science, bud. Obviously it's technique, too, which Aldo clearly possesses. I honestly question whether or not you've ever seen WEC Aldo fight. I don't believe you have, otherwise you wouldn't make such baseless and, if I may say so, rather asinine claims.

But no, you're right. Aldo is a terrible kicker. Never thrown a good leg kick in his life. Might as well cut both his legs off and leave him with stumps since he's so useless with them!!

LOL i'm into mma since 95.

but i don't care, football has nothing to do with leg kick. these are whole different techniques.period.
playing football strengthen your legs, yes. but other than that, there's no parallel, zero. you could play football all your life and never being able to correctly learn a lowkick technique, i know it for a fact. in europe most guys have played or play football, some of them for some reason have made the transition to combat sport and in no way that make them the best kickers in the gym. these are facts.

long story short, other than decent technique aldo has good physical abilities to shoot with speed and power. but still has incomplete technique.

but once again what can i say ? you want to be the teacher...then be it

Last edited:
because they dont fight him smartly. they fight with emotion since he pisses them the fuck off before the fights lol.

LOL i'm into mma since 95.

but i don't care, football has nothing to do with leg kick. these are whole different techniques.period.
playing football strengthen your legs, yes. but other than that, there's no parallel, zero. you could play football all your life and never being able to correctly learn a lowkick technique, i know it for a fact. in europe most guys have played or play football, some of them for some reason have made the transition to combat sport and in no way that make them the best kickers in the gym. these are facts.

long story short, other than decent technique aldo has good physical abilities to shoot with speed and power. but still has incomplete technique.

but once again what can i say ? you want to be the teacher...then be it

Which is exactly what I said...literally exactly what went from my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to this forum. So nice try at trying to be "witty"..next time do better, though.

I'll rest my case with these videos :) "Incomplete technique" lmao by all means, please provide a breakdown of Aldo's subpar kicking game and where his technique is lacking. I'll be waiting.

bjjscout has a great breakdown on Conor that helps explain this a little. and yeah I'm too lazy to dig that up for you fucks right now

Aldo was countered as he threw a body punch. I'm pretty convinced he was going to throw a kick after the body punch. It could've been an interesting fight if Aldo hadn't rushed in with it.

A bad idea to mess with power punchers with those. People always talk about not kicking wrestlers but dudes with a dangerous rear hand are just as risky to kick. Ask Gus

As gus?

His sideways stance makes him vulnerable. Eddie alnost dropped McGregor with leg kicks then for no reason started boxing with him and got starched.

Aldo didn't even throw a kick instead dove in for a ko punch for some reason.
Looking at someone kicking theyre face is open for a counter. Never seen someone in the ufc deliver a impact full kick while in double guard.

Because kickers don't make his Match.Com want list neither do wrestlers unless they short camped and shorter than him...
This^ is the real answer, not that countering theory. Good kickers know to set up their kicks just like goog wrestlers do with their TDs.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I said...literally exactly what went from my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to this forum. So nice try at trying to be "witty"..next time do better, though.

I'll rest my case with these videos :) "Incomplete technique" lmao by all means, please provide a breakdown of Aldo's subpar kicking game and where his technique is lacking. I'll be waiting.

woaw....mind blowing !!!

my english is sure not as good as yours but let me back this up for u.

first of all, i'm don't want to downplay aldo's greatness and acomplishments. he has very very good lowkicks....but only by mma standards .

1-this gif alone summarizes it all.
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

bad timing, doesn't always judge the distance well, no hips movement, chin up in the air not protecting it with his arms therefore getting countered in the process AND losing power...
these are basics.

i know he can do a lot better with other leg kicking moves. but the thing is he has a few good move, but often relies more on his power, speed and athletic abilities than correct techniques.
these are incomplete technique in my book.

2-in order to have power in your lowkick technique you need to shoot and back your leg as quick as possible. once again a very basic fundamental that aldo doesn't always respect, as i said, by relying too much on his power rather than correct technique.

in this gif he may looks perfect in your eyes but not in my book, here is a perfect exemple

here, a perfect shoot & "back quick"

even cerronne does it better despise the fact he has a lot less power
4.gif

but to be fair, what works... works !!!

once again aldo has very good kicks but he often has flaws when executing them. i'm not making this up, these are things you see when you know about fundamentals and basics. and that doesn't make aldo less of a great mma kicker but, who still has flaws too when it comes to basics. which is still impressive for a guy who started his mma career with a bjj black belt in his bag.

i remember the times in early 2000's when mma expert were breakingdown wanderlei's "perfect" middlekicks...lol

"Which is exactly what I said...literally exactly what went from my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to this forum. So nice try at trying to be "witty"..next time do better, though."

no you didn't, you were the one implying playing football was one of the reason why he had powerful legkicks. rogan said it first back in the days, since then all american noobs took rogan's hyperbole for granted...shooting a ball and shooting someone's leg are 2 radically differents techniques, not even close .

give me some more of your obvious insightful knowledge of kickboxing, i enjoy it;)

Last edited:
you a
woaw....mind blowing !!!

first of all, i'm don't want to downplay aldo's greatness and acomplishments. he has very very good lowkicks....but only by mma standards .

bad timing, doesn't always judge the distance well, no hips movement, chin up in the air not protecting it with his arms therefore getting countered in the process AND losing power...
these are basics.

i know he can do a lot better with other leg kicking moves. but the thing is he has a few good move, but often relies more on his power, speed and athletic abilities than correct techniques.

2-in order to have power in your lowkick technique you need to shoot and back your leg as quick as possible. once again a very basic fundamental that aldo doesn't always respect, as i said, by relying too much on his power rather than correct technique.

in this gif he may looks perfect in your eyes but not in my book, here is a perfect exemple

4.gif

once again aldo has very good kicks but he often has flaws when executing them. i'm not making this up, these are things you see when you know about fundamentals and basics. and that doesn't make aldo less of a great mma kicker but, who still has flaws too when it comes to basics. which is still impressive for a guy who started his mma career with a bjj black belt in his bag.

i remember the times in early 2000's when mma expert were breakingdown wanderlei's "perfect" middlekicks...lol

"Which is exactly what I said...literally exactly what went from my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to this forum. So nice try at trying to be "witty"..next time do better, though."

no you didn't, you were the one implying playing football was one of the reason why he had powerful legkicks. rogan said it first back in the days, since then all american noobs took rogan's hyperbole for granted...shooting a ball and shooting someone's leg are 2 radically differents techniques, not even close .

give some more of your obvious insightful knowledge of kickboxing, i enjoy it;)

You are on the wrong spot to discuss about Combat sports

come to MT-Kickboxing subforum,non casuals in there :)

Conor haters continuing to go for the gold medal in mental gymnastics ITT.

woaw....mind blowing !!!

my english is sure not as good as yours but let me back this up for u.

these are basics.

4.gif

give me some more of your obvious insightful knowledge of kickboxing, i enjoy it;)

Is it an MMA fight or is it a kickboxing fight? Which one? Because you're taking an MMA fighter and judging him based on kickboxers. The very fact that you need to bring up kickboxers to discredit just how amazing of a kicker an MMA fighter is, says it all.

You're saying Aldo has incomplete technique, but when his opponents used to eat his leg kicks, they sure as fuck didn't want to keep eating them. He had Faber on one leg and Lamas trying to check a feint, which set up a jab, followed by an actual leg kick.

Bad timing and distance? Did you even bother to watch the videos? Because you're utterly wrong on those fronts and the one gif you brought up doesn't say otherwise.

I guess everyone else that considers Aldo to be one of the best kickers in MMA is wrong, but you're right, frontkick. With your amazing insight and incredibly deep and accurate analysis, I'm surprised you aren't a K-1 champion that dismantled every opponent you ever faced, while blindfolded!

Back