Why don't people like the south?

Here we go again...

Beans and rice!? What am I, a poor Cuban?

preview.php

What's to dislike? The south has some great food.

Negative Stereotype:

Uneducated White Trash
Racist
Sexist
Homophobic
Ethnocentric
Bible thumping
Gun Totin’
Fox News watchin’ red necks

Positive Stereotypes:

Friendly (to non-minorities)
Polite
Neighborly
Family Oriented
Hard working
Patriotic
Rugged
Great food

"Southerns are dumb, rednecks, and are all inbred"

- Roosevelt married his cousin
- Queen Elizabeth and her husband are cousins
- During the outbreak of WWI, the leaders of England, Germany, and Russia were all related.
- The royal families in the ME marry within the tribe/family.

The myth is that southerns are inbred. The reality is that it is more likely the 1%-ers....

I'm still not used to how slow everyone down here is. Everything takes longer. People here are generally fatter. A lot of people here see stuff like education and book-reading to be for people who are stuck-up or weak. There's still a very obvious and playfully ignorant kind of racism running through the place.

Talking about the South or Sherdog?

It sucks, but I have to back this up. I lived in NY for the vast majority of my life. Having spent two years in the south, I'm still not used to how slow everyone down here is. Everything takes longer.
I think thats a countryside thing. Even up here, in the rural areas everything's more slower paced. I'm also a city guy so I actually hate it, I tend to be in and out ASAP

Of course the city of chicago is always gonna be my heart, but New orleans is great and if i had to live in any oyher city it would be there. Consideting buying a vacation home there

I'm British but the south's always sounded like the best part of America to me. I've always wanted to live in a trailer park in Kentucky or something like that. Maybe one day ...

Back