Why Don't People smile anymore

palerider500

The Rational Thinker
@Blue
Reaction score
I've been noticing that people especially those in the customer service and retail work space no longer smile.

So what I've been having fun doing is when I approach the counter and the employees managers are around or co-workers, I say out loud so everyone hears me "Where's your smile?" OR "why so sad? Life is wonderful"

This really seems to irritate and frustrate them even further.

Discuss...

When the total pops up on the register say "I'm too good looking to keep paying this much". Or "I need to find me a rich woman."

If you're working in retail then no, life isn't wonderful. That's an objectively false statement and you're lucky it's only been met with indifference rather than the high-level public mockery that it deserves

I always try to smile , even when I deal with grumpy assholes...Smiling is one way to enhance your mood, your mind will follow the action..At the end of the day, you should realize, many people are addicted to being unhappy..in a weird way, they are happy like that.

I just say:

"How about...."
1. this weather, lol right?
2.those (insert local losing team), right?
3.this government shutdown, right?
4.the price of an abortion, right?

one or all always elicit a smile and a nod of agreement.
try it.
you're whalecum

I have a terrible smile, and I dont like to show emotion. When I smile, I dont really look happy at all.

because they pay those fuckers .25 cent raises a year .... brutal

If you're working in retail then no, life isn't wonderful. That's an objectively false statement and you're lucky it's only been met with indifference rather than the high-level public mockery that it deserves
life IS wonderful, whether you work retail or not. Try being homeless, or in a wheelchair, etc.

Life IS GREAT.

If someone told me to smile, I wouldn't and would probably be trying to set them on fire with my mind. Seriously. Fuck that noise.

life IS wonderful, whether you work retail or not. Try being homeless, or in a wheelchair, etc.

Life IS GREAT.
200.gif

The day when you could goose a stranger in public is long gone.

Who wants to be happy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate it when the cashier doesn't give me that fake smile.

I don't know you, bitch, just make my damn coffee so I can get the fuck outta this hipster shithole.

They are most likely preparing themselves to hear about how their products can be purchased for x amount online. Apparently, everyone wants to be employed by amazon in the end.

Back