Why don't we see 6'9" freaks like Fury dominate MMA?

I never said the optimum weight for mma was any thing… i had a feeling you misunderstood something… i stopped reading after that first line…
Edit: i came back to read the rest, giving u the benefit of the doubt. No… non of that is what I meant either. I just used basketball as an example of tall people sport(which i literally wrote).

my whole post’s whole point was refuting
the OP’s claim about super tall guys being a sure way to dominate. He used fury as an example, i gave an example of a taller bum.

I just realised you may reinterpret my words again, so I’m stopping… sorry…
Not sure why you're taking a response on an anonymous fight forum so personally, there was nothing personal intended.

These threads are dumb. Only 1% of males are over 6'4. I'm sure the number is drastically lower than that for 6'9. Then the person has to be physically capable of fighting and want to fight. Just for reference there are only 8 players in the NBA above 6'9

But he should have just extended his arms and won the heavyweight belt :D
Watching him fight was super frustrating :confused:

Struve could have simply jabbed his way to the HW title if had developed his range, footwork and jab. He was good enough on the ground to deal with takedowns. Instead, he just walked into strikes and got the tar beat out of him.

His body is totally worn up, he has the joints of a 70 years old man and relies on injections to be able to train.
But at his peak, he was an unstoppable force.
Judo sucks for mma though.
Today's judo is not the same judo it was many years ago

Struve could have simply jabbed his way to the HW title if had developed his range, footwork and jab. He was good enough on the ground to deal with takedowns. Instead, he just walked into strikes and got the tar beat out of him.
AmazingAfraidElk-size_restricted.gif

the fighting business is very hard not easy at all, Struve is just not good enough lacked fighting IQ and Skills.

At that height they'd probably rather be playing Professional basketball.

These threads are dumb. Only 1% of males are over 6'4. I'm sure the number is drastically lower than that for 6'9. Then the person has to be physically capable of fighting and want to fight. Just for reference there are only 8 players in the NBA above 6'9
There were 9 players picked in the first round of this year's NBA draft who were at least 6'10"

Any kid sniffing potential 6'5 is being encouraged to do any other sport.

Maybe when they've failed they can pick up a bjj class.

Wilder, Joye Joyce, David Price, Tony Yoka are all 6'6" or higher.

I'm not just talking height but overall athleticism. Fury is 6'9", light on his feet, fast and hard to hit, has good cardio in long fights, all while physically looking unimpressive.

I think height can work against you in MMA generally. I mean if you consider Fedor, Cain and Cormier around the best HWs we've seen, well they're build way different to Fury.

Struve is one of the biggest disappointments in MMA history :confused:
20140628122048_1MG_3694.JPG

Boy fought like he had a reach disadvantage :rolleyes:

265limit holding him back. Imagine 315 pounds Struve.

Also Semi was actually result wise probably the #1 HW kickboxer ever or at least top 3, and he did it trough gigantic size mostly. Also good work ethic and decent skill but size was his #1 atribute.

How come there's a 265 limit?

Fury would probably break his own knees wrestling he can only win in limited less realistic combat. DC would single leg him and finish him in 1 minute on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back