Why hasn't anyone ever done an interlocking fish smash?

intertwine one of your arms with one of the two arms of the guy locking both fists together, and the move is already stalled.

Seriously some of you guys should do a BJJ/MMA class once the lockdown is over, it's like you've never trained a day in your life and start coming up with secret moves.

Because the likelihood of getting submitted nearly doubles. On the ground having your arms together removes any possibility of triangle defense.

Because the likelihood of getting submitted nearly doubles. On the ground having your arms together removes any possibility of triangle defense.

I don't see it as a big triangle risk personally, I think it increases the danger of an armbar potentially though.

FISH SMASH.

PoorWeepyCopepod-mobile.jpg

8bc7ddf2-b739-42f0-8d8e-c08dc9e5a712.jpg

On the ground, you could definitely lock your hands together and smash someone with the mass of both fists/ arms combined. 135 lb guys would be smashing with the mass of Brock Lesnar and the fists of Shane Carwin. Actually, why hasn't anyone ever done this?
Mark munoz did it and so have a few oth guys, it's not all that great because it's easy to block....there's a reason guys don't use certain moves

On the ground, you could definitely lock your hands together and smash someone with the mass of both fists/ arms combined. 135 lb guys would be smashing with the mass of Brock Lesnar and the fists of Shane Carwin. Actually, why hasn't anyone ever done this?
From the guard there is no way that lands, they would literally have to put their arms down and let you do it because it would be blocked so easily since blocking one arm blocks both

interlocking fish smash?
One thing I will say is, there is one type of strike I never see in MMA I reckon could be good if used in a well timed moment. Some of these gimmick moves are novelty, but they are also creative and surprising, so with the right moment they could be very effective.
The one move I'm thinking about is some sort of variation of a double axe handle smashed, where the fingers interlock and the strike comes from the hips striking at close range.
It's a move that would work best later in the rounds when both fighters are tired and all the jabs are tiring their arms out.

The power generation would suck compared to an actual punch and as someone mentioned, it's easy to nullify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back