Why is every HW ducking Jones?

People confuse fight weight and walk around weight all the time, just because you walk around at 235 like jones does out of shape does not mean he is at his optimal weight to fight. He said himself he likes to be light and mobile and was around 215-220 against Cormier. And gaining excesive amounts of muscle will be detrimental to how he fights

Come on now TS...
There isn't a heavy weight on the roster who would turn down that payday.

Stipe is ducking him. Jones wants nothing to do with Stipe in my opinion.

Rumble has weighed 235 between fights while still looking leaner than Cain, so has Glover and they're both as tall or taller, I really think some of the smaller HWs just don't have any desire to even try to make LHW. Not that they should since HW IS more prestigious!
Johnson cut because he knew his power didn't translate at HW the way it does to 205 after punching Arlovksi 100 times in the face and not being able to finish him. Meanwhile, every other HW that hits AA clean in the face KO's him.

He knew he had a better shot at a belt at 205 where his power made him seem like a demon from hell.

gaining and losing significant weight should not be surprising to anyone at this point. to me, jon jones is all about reach advantage, which is not a weight issue. he has longer reach than almost every HW as well. i think without the reach advantage, he would not be the star he is, and would likely have lost one or more fights along the way. just my opinion, not trying to bash him. but same for most ufc recently...longer reach fighters seem to win like 90% of the time, regardless of the matchup or situation. conor dwarfed alvaraz, it was obvious. occasionally, the shorter fighter wins...seems rare to me. So it seems all these fighters use the weight division to get into a division where they can fight opponents while having a reach advantage. conor had a tough time with nate diaz because he wasn't obviously bigger. another good fighter with an 85" inch reach would give jj a hard time. i'd almost say the fights should have reach divisions instead of weight divisions.

Most HW "contenders" now of days realize Jones would smoke them.

Why ruin their shots and the title?

Back