Why is Frank Mir pursuing a boxing career other than MMA? Is it money?

Only for money. Mir HAS TO KNOW that he just sacrificed (and risked, as Pulev could have "finished him" Mortal Kombat style) some of his childhood memories, and that he CANNOT take many more shots to the head.

He was really good on the mic as the color commentator during mma events. I guess the UFC has no use for him there anymore. You'd think Bellator might be interested.

Either way, he should stop getting concussions from fighting. He's likely smarter (or was) than most pro mma fighters and using his brain to make a living is going to be necessary for him in the future.

Mir was always more faux smart than actually smart. He is probably average at best for intelligence. He always tried to talk smart indicating he wasn't. Truly smart don't have to make an effort to talk like a professor and can speak normally.

Money. But hopefully he made enough and his family talks him out of it.

Triller is relentlessly going after washed up or B/C level ex-UFC names and overpaying them. Then they try to use that to shit on Dana and the UFC. I find it hard to believe they genuinely give a shit about the fighters well being though when they obviously knew Mir was in serious danger in that fight under those rules. Why dont they just put on MMA events if they are so interested in bringing in MMA fighters? or do what RJJ did about a decade ago ie events that had both MMA and boxing matches on them.

Hell yes it's money! How old is the guy, about 50? He hasn't been any good for years in MMA, probably nobody wanted to sign him after he stunk up Bellator. Who does he box for, De La Hoya's dream org.?:confused:

I ask because Mir was more of a grabble/submission guy

I could see someone like JDS or Mark Hunt pursuing boxing after MMA, but Mir was not exactly a top HW striker

If hes looking for money fights, couldnt he get some "legends" fights in MMA like Rixin or Bellator, maybe against Big Nog or Brock again, or maybe Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson

Or does he make more money on these cash grab boxing events?

Mir got paid alot for this, much more than Bellazin or Rizator

Why is a guy at the tail end of his career pursuing money fights instead of fighting for peanuts against hungry contenders?

Really hard question.

it's a badge of honor for some of these guys to be able to embarrass themselves in front of large(?) audiences so that they don't have to eat fancy feast as they hit their golden years. Personally I'm glad it's happening. Not because I want to watch it or anything, but mainly for the gifs

Money and combat sports is all he knows how to do.

He was really good on the mic as the color commentator during mma events. I guess the UFC has no use for him there anymore. You'd think Bellator might be interested.
He really is a good commentator. His last fight in the UFC was almost six years ago, so I’m guessing he’s a little too far removed to be working their events now. But I agree Bellator should have wanted in the booth, especially since BJM is not a good commentator IMHO. Maybe Mir wanted too much money?

I could see someone like JDS or Mark Hunt pursuing boxing after MMA, but Mir was not exactly a top HW striker

If hes looking for money fights, couldnt he get some "legends" fights in MMA like Rixin or Bellator, maybe against Big Nog or Brock again, or maybe Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Of course. But fighting Pulev was just dumb. He could have gotten seriously fucked up. He's lucky Pulev showed mercy when he was out on his feet. That could have been a life changing KO.

no, he likes getting his ass handed to him straight away. why else would he fight a fucking top ranked hw boxer?

It does seem odd he never went back to do any straight grappling.

Back