Why is Greg Hardy where he is right now?

You really are insecure.

This is the first time I've even taken part in an 'A level athlete' conversation, and all you did was generalize and infer some kind of weird worship.

It just stands to reason that better athletes would make better fighters. Unless you consider athleticism to be a negative trait in a fighter.

I'm not trying to rile you up. Again, that just seems like you being defensive.

You’re doing pretty well for your first time bud. I didn’t even know!

I’m not saying that I disagree, obviously a better athlete is going to be a better fighter, but you’re too quick to disregard the mentality required, and also too quick to think anyone cares.

You’re doing pretty well for your first time bud. I didn’t even know!

I’m not saying that I disagree, obviously a better athlete is going to be a better fighter, but you’re too quick to disregard the mentality required, and also too quick to think anyone cares.

Dude, I was only addressing your 'Team sports athletes have B level mentalities' comment.

I'm also not implying that every good athlete has the toughness to become a good fighter. But if the talent pool was more athletic, we would see better fighters taken from that pool than we have currently.

Anyways, lets not waste more of our time on this.

Another sketch fight for Hardy

Im not surprised..but you know who was

Juan

They screwed that big boy worse then Vince did bret hart

Possibly the clearest case of a fixed/worked fight in UFC history..

Not only does Hardy not get called for shots to the back of head...he get rewarded a victory for doing nothing but punches that hurt no1..lmao

Thats two in row for Hardy...
Hardy landed like 30 unanswered punches and Adams made 0 attempt to move/advance/defend at all. What do you expect?

Its not like the UFC is building hardy up. They obviously dont want Hardy to win. Like why would the UFC want Hardy to win? Because he's a psychopath HW, with a shady past that will stir up controversy and attention before every time he fights? nah that's nonsense. UFC doesnt want controversy. Controversy is bad, and brings in less money just like Mayweather vs Mcgregor. that fight made made basically no money. Controversy = less money. yah that makes total sense.

41DZnt9E93L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Where exactly is he right now? This fight belonged in KOTC or some shit.

These Contender Series dudes are low level rookies, even lower quality than TUF washouts. Juan Adams got to the UFC after going only 3-0 and KOing some bum on the Contender Series. This show needs higher standards immediately LOL.

As for Greg Hardy - it's time to step up in competition. Nothing crazy but no more cans. The guy who beat Crowder would be a good test.

Juan Adams looked like garbage and was three times slower than Hardy in all aspects.

They’re giving him the “kimbo slice “ treatment .. fixed /handpicked fights ..once they throw a real hw fighter at hardy= he’s going to get gtfo

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?

His last two opponents were 0-2 and 1-1 in the UFC, completely unranked and basically dana white contender series level. Calm down dude.

You really are insecure.

This is the first time I've even taken part in an 'A level athlete' conversation, and all you did was generalize and infer some kind of weird worship.

It just stands to reason that better athletes would make better fighters. Unless you consider athleticism to be a negative trait in a fighter.

I'm not trying to rile you up. Again, that just seems like you being defensive.

Lebron James would NOT make an MMA fighter. Hate to break it to you, i've seen footage of him throwing hands and ducking and weaving, and I can tell you I AM BETTER than him and more coordinated right now, sitting in my bedroom, and I am not a super juiced up super rich athlete. He would get fucking wrecked. Besides, you've never seen him get punched. STop talking about fucking soft basketballers on a fight forum.

Lebron James has shown no proof of being able to fight in any capacity. Don't reply to me as you are probably like the other guys that literally drool over basketballers, when in reality most of those guys would get fucking destroyed in MMA.

Good luck Stephen curry in MMA, imagine that 'A level athlete' getting bombed to the chin by even Dan Henderson. 1 shot and all the A level talk flys instantly out of the window.

Hardy has potential. He needs a few more fights with lower tier guys like Juan before he starts calling out top 5 guys...

Understood it all as sarcasm, without the explanation mate. Thread and OP and TS are still trash.

Lebron James would NOT make an MMA fighter. Hate to break it to you, i've seen footage of him throwing hands and ducking and weaving, and I can tell you I AM BETTER than him and more coordinated right now, sitting in my bedroom, and I am not a super juiced up super rich athlete. He would get fucking wrecked. Besides, you've never seen him get punched. STop talking about fucking soft basketballers on a fight forum.

Lebron James has shown no proof of being able to fight in any capacity. Don't reply to me as you are probably like the other guys that literally drool over basketballers, when in reality most of those guys would get fucking destroyed in MMA.

Good luck Stephen curry in MMA, imagine that 'A level athlete' getting bombed to the chin by even Dan Henderson. 1 shot and all the A level talk flys instantly out of the window.

Lol.

You completely missed the point.

Like, by a lot.

Lol.

You completely missed the point.

Like, by a lot.

Great. I will tell you why people will misunderstand you.. we are in an MMA fighting forum, and have literally been bombarded with endless talks about this crap for the last 5 years (we are secure enough to not feel the need to goto NBA/NFL forums and tell them that our guys would end their lives on a daily basis..) Most people are simply sick of hearing about it man. Usually if a guy rolls up talking about Lebron James and 'elite athletes' like you did, they only have 1 goal in mind. That is why you may find people getting defensive. Greg Hardy said out of his own mouth, that MMA guys have the best 'gas' he has ever seen, with the ability to go fast and hard and still have that gas. All those years in the NFL and he still said that.

Great. I will tell you why people will misunderstand you.. we are in an MMA fighting forum, and have literally been bombarded with endless talks about this crap for the last 5 years.. most people are sick of hearing it. Usually if a guy rolls up talking about Lebron James and 'elite athletes' like you did, they only have 1 goal in mind. That is why you may find people getting defensive.

Well theres not much I can do about that, but I never implied that Lebron James himself could become a successful MMA fighter.

Sherdog MMAth: NFL is the best martial art in the world

{<redford}

They're folding because they're uber-cans. Is normal progression for most fight careers to destroy 6-10 cans before moving on to legit competition.

dd
Do you actually believe THAT shit?

My guess is they probably get into these team sports because they are way, WAY more popular and accessible, and could lead to college scholarships and millions of dollars down the road.

I dont understand why MMA fans are so insecure and defensive about this.

What is the argument? Do you believe that speed, strength, agility and coordination are meaningless attributes that have no bearing on a fight?

I dont think the debate is whether you could take Lebron James and throw him into an MMA fight. The argument is if you attracted more Lebron James level athletes at a younger age, the overall product would be much better. I dont see how anyone could argue this?
Be careful not to assume that athleticism demonstrated in one sport translates at all into another - fighting in particular. It doesn't work that way.

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?
Lesnar was a NCAA Division 1 heavyweight champion.

Back