Why Is It Ok To Heckle Sports Players

That just reminds me, I went to a small private college and my friends and I would print the visitors team roster off for basketball games and taunt them by name. It was always in good fun and we'd even get them laughing at the stuff we said. A lot of our main targets at a given game would come over to us after, win or lose and shoot the shit.

Heckling outfielders in baseball produces some great results for how players respond.

Instant karma moments like the Boston Bruins going into the stands at MSG or Mad Max going at the guy are pure gold.

Only piece of shit scumbags thinks its ok.

Anyone who goes to those lengths to heckle athletes should get what theyre asking for and have their ass beat by said athlete.

Anyone who goes to those lengths to heckle athletes should get what theyre asking for and have their ass beat by said athlete.

Shut the hell up

Should be pretty straightforward: if you're personally harassing someone with derogatory remarks you're booted from the game. Funny how many people are law and order until it comes time to spew nasty remarks at athletes.

Well no.... it’s not okay. It’s simply done because the hecklers know there will no repercussions on them.

It’s shitty but it is what it is. If there’s no enforcement action then it’ll continue.

I don't know as a life long Chargers fan, I would love to tell Philips Rivers he chokes on dix and cox

- insecure people that actually think that if the team they support wins, that they win too.

- Crazy expensive tickets ensure fans want to "be a part of the game" rather than simply be a spectator.

- copious amounts of alcohol.

Heckling baseball players is literally the only reason to go to the games

No wonder MLB games are always 95% empty

I've only ever been to one MLB game but plenty of cricket games and I'd image they've be the same.

The best ones are the test matches (the ones that go on for 5 days)... There's so many lulls in the action that really, if you get liquored up, there's not much else to do. But those are also the ones where the games where the players give it back.

A bit of banter is all fine and good, just don't abuse them. There's no questioning the lineage of them or their kids (though up there with my favourite cricket sledges is Marsh and Botham "How's your wife and my kids?" "Wife is fine, kids are retarded")

Fans pay the bills. Customer is never wrong.

No, no they don't. Or rather, they're have to be a whale for it to be even considered that. Paying money to show up does not give you carte blanch to conduct yourself outside good taste. Does paying for a meal give you the right to be a complete ass to a server?

Back