Why is Jones fighting someone with a 31-13-0 record??

since Jones is an average fighter without steroids, they needed to find someone he can beat

He is fighting Smith because Jones and DC has absolutely obliterated the division in tandem for a decade. There's nothing left. Jones cleared out all the old guys years ago, and otherwise great fighters like Gus and Rumble is out of the picture due to losses to Jones and/or DC. Same goes for decent fighters like OSP, Bader, Volkan and Glover.

Don't get me wrong, I like this fight for Jones, as it keeps him active while we wait for the next crop to get ready and get just a few more wins, but the fact that you can compete for a title, while the only actually impressive win you ever got was against Volkan Oezdemir, who isn't exactly a world beater either, is unfathomable... Thank god we have some new talent on the horizon in Reyes, Walker, Santos, Cutelaba etc. LHW is a joke at the moment.

It happens. Welterweight was strong when GSP started and weak when he finished. When a guy cleans out a division like Bones has its going to make the division look weak. I'm not sure that's accurate though. Does it make the division look weak or does it make the champ look dominant? You know what I'm saying? Did the division ultimately look bad because the champ was so good or did the champ look so good because the division was so bad?

Why not Rockhold?

I would love to see that. <45>

I mean really, I can only pray that fight happens next because Rocksalt will get the life beat out of him.

as overrated Rockhold is he has a very good chance of koing a jones thats off the juice

I would love to see that. <45>

I mean really, I can only pray that fight happens next because Rocksalt will get the life beat out of him.
Yeah, Wouldn't surprise me at all if he would

It happens. Welterweight was strong when GSP started and weak when he finished. When a guy cleans out a division like Bones has its going to make the division look weak. I'm not sure that's accurate though. Does it make the division look weak or does it make the champ look dominant? You know what I'm saying? Did the division ultimately look bad because the champ was so good or did the champ look so good because the division was so bad?

Yes, it happens, but still crazy you have Anthony Smith, with close to zero notable wins, fighting for the belt.

No, not sure I get the last part? The division was stellar at the very least when Jones broke through, right? He then proceeded to obliterate it, making all the vets retire or move up/down, if not just throw them in to obscurity. A new set of challengers rose (Gus, Glover, OSP, DC fx.), he got rid of them as well. So now the division looks bad. Because it is bad. The strong contenders are all gone except Gus. There's really only Jones and Gus left right now.

Jones has fought a murderous row and has the best resume in MMA history IMO. But unless at least a couple of the new guys are really legit, he needs to go to HW in the near future, if he wants to take advantage of the popularity the UFC have gathered since his fuck-ups starting earning him suspensions. He could really become a superstar if he took a few big scalps over the coming years!

Because he just finished #2 in his last fight and is himself now ranked #2?

This was a dumb thread TS.

Weird tangent, but don't you think Mousasi kinda looks like Jioti Parcharaidis, vocalist for Germany band Victory.

A-1398298-1352159836-3051.jpeg.jpg
Lol, Germany bands.

tenor.gif

Yeah, Wouldn't surprise me at all if he would

Here is the thing, at least to me, the strongest part of Luke Rockhold's game is his intense top control. That is where he is most deadly. The problem is that nobody in history has ever top controlled Jon Jones. That plus the fact Jones is a 205'er and Rockhold would have to come up in weight seems to indicate a Jones win, maybe an easy win.

He's ranked 3 in the world. It's how it works. I mean, MAYBE Blachowiz gets him in a scramble and catches him .... Maybe Tiago knocks his head off... But really... When JBJ comes back... you really do get to see how weak the division is. Or how far ahead of them he is ... There's no one there that wouldn't be a MASSIVE underdog. The anticipation would be at an all time low and no one would give a fuck....

At least Smith picked a beef with JBJ on screen ... Ruffled his feather and got him to bite.

I'd watch Bones spar. Pay to as well.. But not everyone would. Most people need to believe that they are about to see a competitive fight.

As it stands... Think about this for a second.

He OWNED the P4P best (big) fighter TWICE. He made the guy that made just KO'd Stipe in a round and beat Rumble twice in 5 rounds cry on live tv twice.....

I mean... It's not that exciting to think of him fighting that guy .... Finding him a genuine challenge is gonna be difficult

Is the division that fucking weak these days? I haven't followed it closely. There is absolutely nobody else he could've have fought? We don't need to bring out the whipping boy Cormier a third time.

I’d like to point out Robbie Lawler was 22-10-1 when he fought for the UFC WW belt the first time. That’s much worse than 31-13.

Perspective.

Yes, it happens, but still crazy you have Anthony Smith, with close to zero notable wins, fighting for the belt.

No, not sure I get the last part? The division was stellar at the very least when Jones broke through, right? He then proceeded to obliterate it, making all the vets retire or move up/down, if not just throw them in to obscurity. A new set of challengers rose (Gus, Glover, OSP, DC fx.), he got rid of them as well. So now the division looks bad. Because it is bad. The strong contenders are all gone except Gus. There's really only Jones and Gus left right now.

Jones has fought a murderous row and has the best resume in MMA history IMO. But unless at least a couple of the new guys are really legit, he needs to go to HW in the near future, if he wants to take advantage of the popularity the UFC have gathered since his fuck-ups starting earning him suspensions. He could really become a superstar if he took a few big scalps over the coming years!

Jones resume is ridiculous, I just wish he didn't have all these personal problems and fuck ups. He has at least one fight brewing that will bring the lulz vs. 6'6" Johnny Walker. Everyone already wants to see that fight. I can just imagine Walker talking shit to Jones in the lead up to that fight and a motivated Jones punishing the shit out of him for it.

Is the division that fucking weak these days? I haven't followed it closely. There is absolutely nobody else he could've have fought? We don't need to bring out the whipping boy Cormier a third time.

Nobody cares about 205 anymore.

"Old whipping boy" you mean the "fat,short, 40 year old" as he put it that he had to take PEDs to fight? The one he won't fight at HW despite being bigger? The one he got his KO taken away because he's a cheater? You mean the one who gets a pass to cheat?

"I haven't followed it closely" bullshit, you terrible troll. This is another DC hate thread/Jon Jones ball licking thread.

Asterisk GOAT is real. As Marlon said about TJ

He's down playing with the little boys

You are a forever casual; no matter how many posts you have, no matter how hard you try, you will always have the mentality of a casual.

Because he’s the next in line
Just shows how weak the division is
A guy who couldn’t reach MW gate keeper status and who lost to welterweight josh neer is fighting the consensus GOAT for the title

I think moving up a weight class made all the difference for Smith. Look at Whittaker. Had a less than stellar run at WW and is currently the MW champ.

If only more fighters would follow their example rather than trying to cut even more weight to get an advantage at a lower weight class.

"Old whipping boy" you mean the "fat,short, 40 year old" as he put it that he had to take PEDs to fight? The one he won't fight at HW despite being bigger? The one he got his KO taken away because he's a cheater? You mean the one who gets a pass to cheat?

"I haven't followed it closely" bullshit, you terrible troll. This is another DC hate thread/Jon Jones ball licking thread.

You are a forever casual; no matter how many posts you have, no matter how hard you try, you will always have the mentality of a casual.

So what if i hate dc (I don't but suppose i DO).

Upset when Champions defend the title...
Upset when the Champions dont defend the title.
<22>

No one cares about 205? Have a look at the PPV buy rates for Jones' last fight. I do agree that the division is a wasteland currently. You know a division is in deep shit when we start wondering if Bader and Davis will come back to the UFC...

Back