Why is Max ranked higher P4P then DC, TJ, Ferg, Woodley?

Should Max be ranked so high in P4P?

• Total voters

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
rank.png

We all know the current rankings are joke, but how bad does it have to be? Max is a great fighter, but is he more proven then guys like Daniel Cormier, Stipe, TJ, or Woodley who all have title defenses or multiple titles?

Max's best win is Aldo, which is great but Max has yet to even defend his title.

I would argue Tony is a better fighter then Max, but Tony is the IC and doesn't have any defenses.

Stipe has more title defenses at fucking HW, which is notoriously hard to do.

>P4P list
>meaning anything

GSP is number 1 and DJ is number 2. those are literally the only ones that matter.

Rankings don't mean shit.

Not sure how Max can be ranked above DC p4p, when DC has proven success at 2 weight classes, multiple title defenses, and has lost to nobody in his whole career but the consensus p4p #1.

Longer win streak than all those guys, beat the greatest featherweight of all time.

Not sure how Max can be ranked above DC p4p, when DC has proven success at 2 weight classes, multiple title defenses, and has lost to nobody in his whole career but the consensus p4p #1.

Max beat the GOAT of his division, DC got KO'd by the GOAT of his. Max's best win is Aldo, DC's best win is Rumble. The Aldo win is better.

Max beat the GOAT of his division, DC got KO'd by the GOAT of his. Max's best win is Aldo, DC's best win is Rumble. The Aldo win is better.

Max has 1 amazing win, DC has many good and several great wins across multiple divisions. Max has 0 title defences.

I think Max is probably top 3 p4p in terms of actual ability, but no way is he there yet in resume.

Last edited:
Rankings do mean a little, but not p4p rankings especially a list that has Demetrious Johnson as #1.

How many number one contenders have gotten a title shot recently? 185? Nope. 155. Nope. 125? Nope. It happens less and less often. Your social media profile means more than your ranking lately.

Rankings are stupid.

That said, he beat Jose F*ing Aldo on a 10 fight win streak.

rank.png

We all know the current rankings are joke, but how bad does it have to be? Max is a great fighter, but is he more proven then guys like Daniel Cormier, Stipe, TJ, or Woodley who all have title defenses or multiple titles?

Max's best win is Aldo, which is great but Max has yet to even defend his title.

I would argue Tony is a better fighter then Max, but Tony is the IC and doesn't have any defenses.

Hahaha. Now I understand all the GSP hate hahaha.
Mcmouth lunatic's. Hahaha

\thread

No, at my P4P he would probably be above Ferg only.

1) DJ (no doubt)
2) Stipe (5 KO streak, 2 defenses against top contenders)
3) DC (2 defenses against top contenders)
4) GSP (WW lineal champ)
5) TJ (lost his belt by SD in a close and competitive fight and then won it back by KO, dominated other guys)
6) Conor
7) Tyrone (2 defenses against top contenders but as champ he has no offense whatsoever)
8) Holloway
9) Ferguson
10) Whittaker

Because Conor has a win over him. Plain and simple.

Max has 1 amazing win, DC has many good and several great wins across multiple divisions. Max has 0 title defences.

I think Max is probably top 3 p4p in terms of actual ability, but no way is he there yet in resume.

I don't think DC even has a top 10 win at heavyweight. His only two good wins at LHW are Gus and Rumble and he arguably lost the Gus fight.

Max has beaten Aldo, Pettis, Cub, Lamas, Stephens and Oliveira in dominant performances. These guys were all top 10 at the time.

P4P is a completely fictitious, nonsensical ranking system that doenst make any actual sense in the known world we live in

rank.png

Max has great wins against Lamas, Stephens, Swanson, his resume is great

Back