Why is Nate Diaz still ranked?

I was just wondering why Nate Diaz - 32 months from his last apperance and with no fight in sight - is still a ranked UFC lightweight.

Any thoughts? I can't recall another instance of a guy who has been inactive this long without losing his spot.

Nate was 8-8 in his previous 16 fights going into the Conner fight. He was literally outside the top 15. He is ranked now, for the same reason they all of the sudden made him ranked 8 when the first Conner fight was announced.

They simply need to prop up this fake drunk Irish guy.

His body of work is pretty good
He has been pretty inactive
He was #4 when he left and is now just outside the top 10
When Khabib was semi retired he was still consistently ranked highly
It doesn’t really matter what he’s ranked anyway
Everyone knows he a top 5 lightweight

being 17-12 is a good body of work please. khabib never been retired

Nate is the undisputed champ of the TFC.

Apparently he gets big $$$ talking shit for the last 3 years on twitter to stay relavant, and Sherdoger’s are to foolish to admit that him and his brother are retired.

“Don’t be Fooled, homies.” Nate Diaz.

His body of work is pretty good
He has been pretty inactive
He was #4 when he left and is now just outside the top 10
When Khabib was semi retired he was still consistently ranked highly
It doesn’t really matter what he’s ranked anyway
Everyone knows he a top 5 lightweight

body of work is good? lol

Nate Diaz barely fits in the top 10 when he's at his best. He's lost almost every big fight he's had in his UFC career outside of Cerrone and MJ. He was only #4 because the UFC decided to rank him that high, he's not even remotely close to being a "top 5 lightweight".

I thought you were just a shitty Conor nuthugger based on nonsense in the Khabib thread. At least now I know you're just a clueless fool.

body of work is good? lol

Nate Diaz barely fits in the top 10 when he's at his best. He's lost almost every big fight he's had in his UFC career outside of Cerrone and MJ. He was only #4 because the UFC decided to rank him that high, he's not even remotely close to being a "top 5 lightweight".

I thought you were just a shitty Conor nuthugger based on nonsense in the Khabib thread. At least now I know you're just a clueless fool.
MJ was top 5 at the time
Cerrone was a eternal top 5 guy
The ufc didn’t put him there because they felt like it lol

You mean beating Michael Johnson in late 2015 doesn't make Nate a top 15 LW in 2019?

Sounds like you need to check your white privilege at the door and stop being a racist nazi

Whoever is a name stays in the top 10. Its hiw they make money.

Because rankings don't really matter.

That really is one of the biggest jokes in the UFC. Two and half years since his last fight. Don’t forget the last two were at WW. His last LW fight was over 3 years ago.

They need to keep his bogus ranking up there in case they do joke trilogy with those two clowns. Everything about those two and the UFC is a shit show. He’s obviously retired.

You should apologize for your performance.

It amazes me some still don't get it. It's all UFC propaganda. Shit Conor is still on the PFP list and hasn't won a fight in nearly 2 1/2 years. It would be great to have legit ranking controlled by unbiased media but it will never happen

because nate whooped conor and everybody knows hed whoop afro boy too

He’s an extremely overrated fighter...and he doesn’t fight so it’s puzzling. He’s not listed on sherdogs top 10 and I think that matters more. His best days are long behind him as well

He shouldn’t be ranked. He’s retired at this point.

Diaz makes for fun fights and he’s popular.....I have no problem with him being ranked especially since it’s clear the rankings lack credibility all across the board

Not only has he not fought period in 2 1/2 years, he hasn't fought in the LW division in over 3 years! His last 2 fights were at WW against McGregor. He doesn't have a fight currently scheduled either. So, he has no business being in the rankings. Only explanation for him still being ranked is to keep him relevant just in case he does decide to come back at some point.

He's probably remained active because he's been in negotiations over the years he's been gone.
He could get a fight at any time.

It's not like he's been inactive because he's been injured or officially retired.

Back