Why is nobody talking about Pereira gassing after round 1?

Jiri gassed him out on the ground. In round two he was taking big breaths and his footwork became a lot worse. In round 1 he had no problems using his footwork and picking Jiri apart, then Jiri took him down and when round 2 started Pereira was clearly gassed and jiri started to have some success here and there. I think Pereira gas tank was exposed here, at least if he gets taken down he seems to gas.
So, apparently he scored a sick KO after gassing?!
That’s even more impressive if true.

TS is doing the same thing Rogan does, prematurely claiming Perreira is gassed when in reality he is just in second gear. Everything about his style is economical from his calculated standup to his composure off his back, looking to secure wrists like big nog or semmy shilt. He knows what he is doing and his KB career taught him how to control his bursts and conserve energy.

People act like he was hunched over with hands on knees panting like Kimbo Slice ffs

If you ever compete you will know how unbelievably tiring a round of fighting can be.

Almost every single fighter will feel tired after a round of competitive fighting but that's the secret. You have to be comfortable feeling tired at all times in a fight and even when you feel like puking you need to hold your poker face.

Pereira finished Izzy late, out hustled Jan and didn't get overwhelmed by Jiri. Maybe his body language is bad when he's breathing heavy but he fights effectively.

I think people should be talking about the power he had to drop Jiri with such a short left hook. Or does Jiri just have a glass chin? I think its a bit of both.

he caught him coming forward with his chin in the air. Jiri has never been defensively sound, it's part of what makes him excitied.

He said he got KO'd vs Reyes from the bottom also. He wasn't KO'd in either fight, he just got rocked and flashed and was immediately awake both times. He doesn't have a glass chin at all, he is just getting hurt in his fights. Every UFC fight has been against guys known for their power who have multiple KO's to their name.

he caught him coming forward with his chin in the air. Jiri has never been defensively sound, it's part of what makes him excitied.

He said he got KO'd vs Reyes from the bottom also. He wasn't KO'd in either fight, he just got rocked and flashed and was immediately awake both times. He doesn't have a glass chin at all, he is just getting hurt in his fights. Every UFC fight has been against guys known for their power who have multiple KO's to their name.
Reyes ain't known for his power, lol .

TS is doing the same thing Rogan does, prematurely claiming Perreira is gassed when in reality he is just in second gear. Everything about his style is economical from his calculated standup to his composure off his back, looking to secure wrists like big nog or semmy shilt. He knows what he is doing and his KB career taught him how to control his bursts and conserve energy.

People act like he was hunched over with hands on knees panting like Kimbo Slice ffs

This. Same event you had Joe going on about that guy taking down the fighter he nearly TKO'd in the round before was stupid because he had him hurt. Fighter lets the guy back up and proceeds to get outstruck by the superior striker he was just grinding out and the fight ends in a draw.

Joe says this stuff all the time and is way off. I wish they would just actually play by play the fight and leave the judging etc to the actual judges. I don't care who is winning in their opinion, I just want a play by play of the fight sometimes so I don't have to describe grappling exchanges to people if I wacth with them.

I did notice it coming into round and i was concerned.

I also got real nervous when he got taken down

That’s what happens when you are a big boy cutting all that weight

Reyes ain't known for his power, lol .
12 wins, 7 KO's with most of his finishes coming in the first round and coming off dropping his opponents if he didn't KO them...
Before his loss streak he had dropped every opponent he fought against except Volkan.

It's like people don't even remember previous fights if someone starts losing.

Scrambles.

Pat Sabatini looked really good before the scramble that ended with him knocked out.

Jiri looked quite good before the scramble that ended with him knocked out, but also, Jiri needs to learn how to turn the toe and knee out to check some leg kicks.

Erceg looked really good before and during the scrambles. So did Costa. Many intriguing attacks, many skilled defenses on display in that fight. Erceg did not get knocked out. Erceg won.

Surviving scrambles takes training, discipline, fight IQ, and a touch of luck.

Last night, at a minimum, Jiri and Pat did not experience the touch of luck.

IMO.

This is gassing
Screen-Shot-2022-08-21-at-12.10.57-AM.69cce36f.png

12 wins, 7 KO's with most of his finishes coming in the first round and coming off dropping his opponents if he didn't KO them...
Before his loss streak he had dropped every opponent he fought against except Volkan.

It's like people don't even remember previous fights if someone starts losing.

Dude only has 1 Ko in the UFC, and it was against a MW. 1 of his 2 TKOs came against another MW and the other tko came against a dude who was 1-3 in the UFC. So yea he isn't really known for his power. I would say avg power at best.

He wasn’t that gassed considering he knocked him out in the next round
You can still be gassed and win. But he was not doing as good as he was in round 1 and he was not as light on the feet anymore.

Dude only has 1 Ko in the UFC, and it was against a MW. 1 of his 2 TKOs came against another MW and the other tko came against a dude who was 1-3 in the UFC. So yea he isn't really known for his power. I would say avg power at best.

Watch the video dude. He dropped everyone or finished everyone he fought prior to Volkan and the OSP decision ended with OSP effectively KO'd on the bell. He tried to walk off KO him.
This is how the OSP "decision" ended...

Volkan was his only real blip until the Jones decision went the other way and he started his current loss streak.
He was hurting people multiple times in his fights and then finishing them. He 100% was known for his power at that time, same with someone like Thiago Santos who has also dropped off.

Last edited:
Back