Why is PC gaming the "master race" when their best games are console ports?

PUBG, are you trolling now? That game is absolutely awful
Have you ever played it on a PC? If you haven't your opinion doesn't mean shit.

Have you ever played it on a PC? If you haven't your opinion doesn't mean shit.

I played it but I hate Battle Royale games, Fortnite destroyed it pretty fast so it can't be that good.

I played it but I hate Battle Royale games, Fortnite destroyed it pretty fast so it can't be that good.

Again showing how ignorant you are. Did you play it on a PC? Because I'm curious as to how you played it on a PC when you clearly don't game on one if you have to watch a show about PC gaming to come to the conclusion that PC gaming sucks also it hasn't destroyed it, Fortnite is popular because it is free, the same reason Runescape was popular in the mid 2000's.

Again showing how ignorant you are. Did you play it on a PC? Because I'm curious as to how you played it on a PC when you clearly don't game on one if you have to watch a show about PC gaming to come to the conclusion that PC gaming sucks also it hasn't destroyed it, Fortnite is popular because it is free, the same reason Runescape was popular in the mid 2000's.

It isn't a good game, nobody even talks about it anymore. Yes I played it on PC

It isn't a good game, nobody even talks about it anymore. Yes I played it on PC
So you played a game on a PC that you don't really game on and you deduced that it sucks (probably because you died many many times without getting any kills) and people still talk about it, today it had one million plus players online for a dead/trash game that seems like quite a lot of players.

So far your argument is that PC games sucks and Consoles are better, but you've yet to actually provide any evidence of this other than your own personal opinions.
I myself own an Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and a $5,000.00 gaming computer I built myself, I can tell you which one I prefer to play on but I'm going to guess you'd be able to figure it out yourself. I'll give you a hint though, It plays games at 90+Fps on maxed out graphics.

So you played a game on a PC that you don't really game on and you deduced that it sucks (probably because you died many many times without getting any kills) and people still talk about it, today it had one million plus players online for a dead/trash game that seems like quite a lot of players.

So far your argument is that PC games sucks and Consoles are better, but you've yet to actually provide any evidence of this other than your own personal opinions.
I myself own an Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and a $5,000.00 gaming computer I built myself, I can tell you which one I prefer to play on but I'm going to guess you'd be able to figure it out yourself. I'll give you a hint though, It plays games at 90+Fps on maxed out graphics.

Why spend 5,000 dollars to play Fortnite and PUBG? I guess that's where the confusion is for me, PC gamers constantly brag about have a more powerful machine but the most popular games are Fortnite, League of Legends and PUBG

How are they (no games specified by the way) ports when they are made and released consecutively?

Why spend 5,000 dollars to play Fortnite and PUBG? I guess that's where the confusion is for me, PC gamers constantly brag about have a more powerful machine but the most popular games are Fortnite, League of Legends and PUBG

I don't play Fortnite and I don't play PUBG anymore and I also don't play League of Legends. My computer was built because I also create 3d models and edit videos (which you also can't do on a console) I do however play games like the Witcher 3, World of Warcraft, Fallout 4, Far Cry 5 and Kingdom Come Deliverance on their highest settings at high FPS which is far more enjoyable than playing them on a console at 30 or 60fps in medium settings.
The benefit of having a PC is you can upgrade parts and you can customize it how you see fit as well as the fact it can do everything a console can do but far more efficiently while also being able to be used for other tasks.

I don't play Fortnite and I don't play PUBG anymore and I also don't play League of Legends. My computer was built because I also create 3d models and edit videos (which you also can't do on a console) I do however play games like the Witcher 3, World of Warcraft, Fallout 4, Far Cry 5 and Kingdom Come Deliverance on their highest settings at high FPS which is far more enjoyable than playing them on a console at 30 or 60fps in medium settings.
The benefit of having a PC is you can upgrade parts and you can customize it how you see fit as well as the fact it can do everything a console can do but far more efficiently while also being able to be used for other tasks.

The framerate thing does suck, I'll give you that. I guess for me it seems that the coolest games that end up on PC came to console first. I don't like playing kiddy games with toxic community like PUBG and League of Legends which is why I don't like playing online. Seems dumb to spend so much money on a computer to play that stuff. And I don't suck at all games, I was addicted to LoL before and my best rank was Platinum II. But those games eat away at you. You need to constantly play to improve and I find consoles have better stories, gameplay and don't take up your life.

The framerate thing does suck, I'll give you that. I guess for me it seems that the coolest games that end up on PC came to console first. I don't like playing kiddy games with toxic community like PUBG and League of Legends which is why I don't like playing online. Seems dumb to spend so much money on a computer to play that stuff. And I don't suck at all games, I was addicted to LoL before and my best rank was Platinum II. But those games eat away at you. You need to constantly play to improve and I find consoles have better stories, gameplay and don't take up your life.

Most games release simultaneously with PC, some release before and some release after console. Almost always those games last far longer on PC due to modding communities. I've never played league of Legends, I played the original warcraft 3 mod DOTA before it became a stand alone game and I was very good at it. Since 2004 one game I have always come back to was World of Warcraft, if you tried to come back to a game lets say Modern Warfare 2 on xbox would the games servers even still be running? Console is dictated by what the companies decided and games end when they say. PC has far more freedom than console.

Most games release simultaneously with PC, some release before and some release after console. Almost always those games last far longer on PC due to modding communities. I've never played league of Legends, I played the original warcraft 3 mod DOTA before it became a stand alone game and I was very good at it. Since 2004 one game I have always come back to was World of Warcraft, if you tried to come back to a game lets say Modern Warfare 2 on xbox would the games servers even still be running? Console is dictated by what the companies decided and games end when they say. PC has far more freedom than console.

Phantasy Star Online servers going down did suck back on the days of Dreamcast and Gamecube so maybe you're onto something here. I guess the thing I've noticed is that the popular games on the PC are trash compared to stuff I loved when I was younger. Starcraft, Warcraft III, Everquest, Ultima Online, Diablo II, Half-life. Now I see Fortnite and PUBG and just shake my head. A lot of the games I play on consoles don't come to PC like Bloodborne, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Uncharted, God of War, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter. Maybe if the mainstream PC games were more appealing I'd come back to it more.

Phantasy Star Online servers going down did suck back on the days of Dreamcast and Gamecube so maybe you're onto something here. I guess the thing I've noticed is that the popular games on the PC are trash compared to stuff I loved when I was younger. Starcraft, Warcraft III, Everquest, Ultima Online, Diablo II, Half-life. Now I see Fortnite and PUBG and just shake my head. A lot of the games I play on consoles don't come to PC like Bloodborne, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Uncharted, God of War, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter. Maybe if the mainstream PC games were more appealing I'd come back to it more.

Warcraft 3 is what 18 years maybe 20 years old? And it just received a 5gb patch from Blizzard, Starcraft 2 is one of the most popular games in Korea right now, Diablo 3 is still going strong and work on a new game has commenced at Blizzard. Everquest is still up and as ugly as ever, Monster Hunter is coming to PC. Pokemon, Smashbros, Kingdom Hearts can be played via an emulator.
While games like Fortnite and Pubg dominate the news there are PC games that rarely get mentioned but dominate steam for players, look at games like Path of Exiles a Diablo Clone that is free to play and has huge numbers even now on Steam keeping it in the top 10.

You are viewing the mainstream (popular games) as a benchmark for PC gaming, but that is a terrible way to assess it. PC now and forever will get more games than consoles will ever and allows indie companies to grow and become mainstream.

My two favorite games of last year can only be played on the PC. Divinity 2 and Total War:Warhammer 2. Mods as people said give pc games more replay value. You can't do that with Skyrim, Fallout and Dragon Age on the consoles. Also if you are into MMOs, a programmable mouse and keyboard beats a regular controller

My two favorite games of last year can only be played on the PC. Divinity 2 and Total War:Warhammer 2. Mods as people said give pc games more replay value. You can't do that with Skyrim, Fallout and Dragon Age on the consoles. Also if you are into MMOs, a programmable mouse and keyboard beats a regular controller
I didn't even realize Original Sin 2 never came to consoles. The first one hit PS4 so I figured the sequel did too.

I like PC for strategy games, indie games, and the K&M controls. Only games I play on PS4 these days are Sports games like NBA2K and exclusives like Last of Us.

People refer to PC as "master race" because it can do everything that consoles do... and more. I'm using the same PC I built in 2011. Only thing I've changed is the GFX card.

The framerate thing does suck, I'll give you that. I guess for me it seems that the coolest games that end up on PC came to console first. I don't like playing kiddy games with toxic community like PUBG and League of Legends which is why I don't like playing online.
this is the kind of shit toxic players say
Seems dumb to spend so much money on a computer to play that stuff. And I don't suck at all games, I was addicted to LoL .
oh

Why kick someone out who has a different opinion? Don't you think you are abusing your power as a mod a bit?

Your intelligence is showing and no one is impressed.

I didn't even realize Original Sin 2 never came to consoles. The first one hit PS4 so I figured the sequel did too.

Divinity 2 is coming to consoles in August, i think the first one also had a gap between PC and console releases.

Well this is interesting Intel was caught basically lying about where their 28 core enthusiast CPU was as far as production. They showed a demo of a chip that they said was a beta of their consumer 5 ghz PC as AMD was waiting to introduce their 32 core 3.4 ghz boost threadripper. Apparently Intel was trying to steal some of AMD's thunder by showing a supposed demonstration of their beta chip that could run at 5 ghz. It turns out that was not the chip but one of their server 28 core chips "10,000 each" that could not run at 5ghz and required a specially designed cooling tower that was about the size of the computer case. Someone was quick at taking a photo of the setup.

592808-intel-28-core-experiment-computex-2018.jpg

https://www.pcmag.com/news/361855/amds-32-core-threadripper-2-is-making-intel-sweat

Aside from a few IOS games, I haven’t been a part of gaming in general since the XBOX360 was replaced.

I could do with a laptop, to be honest, as I am a poor, renting person who lives in a small studio flat.

Gaming wise, I am interested in Monster Hunter World, Forza Horizon, GTA Online and the latest WWE and UFC games, all of which are available on consoles (and I’ll have to wait for MHW to be released on PC). I also know that I can buy a great gaming laptop for £45 a month for two years, that comes with Warhammer: Vermintide (Left 4 Dead 2 was my last real gaming love on PC) and is, on a whole, far more practical, as I can watch movies, create Word documents, send e-mails etc.

Or I can use a TV that has sat dormant for over a year by plugging a XBOX One or PS4 into it and buy some games for under half the price.

The problem is that I don’t want to waste money on video games, even though I want to play a few of them.

Growing up I was mostly a console gamer and only got into PC gaming when I moved out. Even console gaming seems to be more complicated than before...

Back