Why is Satanism bad?

John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Ahhh, my eyes...stop it! STOP IT!

Nevermind...we have become immune to that tautology.

Right, at least Thor, Odin, etc represent positive archetypes, or virtues worth aspiring to.

Satan is literally a figure meant to represent sin and evil. Assuming you are an atheist, i suppose you could get into it for the trolling. Which would be fair game.

But if you actually believe in it, that's something else.

I may be an Atheist, but I'd never go full retard and troll by involving myself in something like this.

And lol at anyone saying this is essentially a self-help organization. Go to Barnes and Noble, pick up a fucking Tony Robbins Book, get a life coach, etc. There are plenty of things you can do for self-help without worshiping a mythological Character.

Correct. It's less corruptible than other religions and is more natural. For example Christianity says one thing, but is easily corrupted and the actions are opposite of goodness in many ways. It's human nature.

Priests can't be with women. That is unnatural. Because the son of god was not with a woman? So men choose to copy this nonsense? Men are not gods.

It is less corruptible because its starting point is corruption.

greed, power seeking, selfishness, all good

There are plenty of things you can do for self-help without worshiping a mythological Character.

Passing judgment out of ignorance on a message board keeps me balanced.

If a mythological character was required I'd probably make a better Christian than Satanist by that measure. :icon_lol:

When philosophy branding goes wrong.

"hey guys, I'm working on this new self empowering philosophy, but I can't come up with a catchy title".

scream from the back of the room: "How about, "Satanism" *snortle*".

"I LIKE IT!"

edit: Isn't this also known as Humanism? And if so, doesn't it have zero to do with "dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things"?

The fact that its actually called Satanism is enough for me to stay away, even though a lot of what I read about it (long time ago) sounds solid, if not very selfish.

I may be an Atheist, but I'd never go full retard and troll by involving myself in something like this.

And lol at anyone saying this is essentially a self-help organization. Go to Barnes and Noble, pick up a fucking Tony Robbins Book, get a life coach, etc. There are plenty of things you can do for self-help without worshiping a mythological Character.

the guys from the church of satan do not worship any mythological character.

A six year old playground bully could be argued as a subscriber to satanism.

Nuff said.

There's nothing wrong with Satanism. It embraces humanity as it is in many regards and strives for impeccability in areas.

Impeccability as in the absence of sin?

Because LaVeyan Satanism is essentially existentialism combined with amoral, Nietzschean ethical system, both a which expressly reject sin as a concept.

Hard work applies to all religions, this isn't something exclusive to satanism.

Incorrect. The original manifestations of Christianity after 600 ad entailed one had to work hard for priests and to do their bidding. In Europe that equated to getting a key of heaven during the middle ages.

Muslims work hard to appease god. Mindless servants. Islam means to submit. A Muslim is a slave. A slave of allah.

Buddhists seek niarvana...their souls are damned as reincarnation is a fallacy where an endless dream is chased.

Satanists work hard for themselves and are a slave to no-one.

Impeccability as in the absence of sin?

Because LaVeyan Satanism is essentially existentialism combined with amoral, Nietzschean ethical system, both a which expressly reject sin as a concept.

You can interpret these things differently, but impeccability is the word that comes to my mind.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-sins.php

1. Stupidity
The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

http://www.churchofsatan.com/policy-on-drug-abuse.php

This is all quite simple. The Church of Satan does not condone illegal activities. If the use of certain drugs is illegal in your country of residence, they are just that: illegal.

If a substance is legal, a Satanist may or may not choose to indulge in it. “Indulgence, NOT compulsion” is your guide. Since survival is the highest law, the Satanist will not ruin or poison his or her body, even if it is legal to do so. This is an important distinction. Self-destructive, suicidal hedonism—via whatever means—is ultimately un-Satanic as it threatens the very thing a Satanist holds most dear: his own life. There is no mystical “Scoreboard in the Sky” dictating whether such an act is Wrong or Right; it simply IS, and dead brain cells, blackened lungs and non-functional livers are not a matter of opinion.

I did not. That is not to be confused with self-empowerment.

There is no deity worship in satanism. We worship our own abilities as men.

each individual is his or her own god

Seems pretty explicit to me. Do you even understand what you're trying to preach about, or just doing it because you think it looks cool? Regardless of what you want to say, a lot of satanists and similar religions do view their selves as gods. That however, does not mean that they worship their selves.

Today I learned Grown Men in the War Room follow and see value in Satanism.

Interdasting.

Incorrect. The original manifestations of Christianity after 600 ad entailed one had to work hard for priests and to do their bidding. In Europe that equated to getting a key of heaven during the middle ages.

Muslims work hard to appease god. Mindless servants. Islam means to submit. A Muslim is a slave. A slave of allah.

Buddhists seek niarvana...their souls are damned as reincarnation is a fallacy where an endless dream is chased.

Satanists work hard for themselves and are a slave to no-one.

If you were a slave to no one, you wouldn't subscribe to anything. You'd be your own man with no need for guidance, but you're not since you identify as a satanist. Further, doing God's work, being a good person and having faith, does not preclude you from working hard towards your own personal endeavors.

Interdasting.

Let me guess. You assume I follow Satanism because I have some knowledge of it and teased you for basically talking out your ass on the subject?

Seems pretty explicit to me. Do you even understand what you're trying to preach about, or just doing it because you think it looks cool? Regardless of what you want to say, a lot of satanists and similar religions do view their selves as gods. That however, does not mean that they worship their selves.

God cannot be taken literally here, humans have created gods in countless images, forms and manifestations. God's of the ancient Egyptians and Greeks are gone, Abrahamic gods are still around and other gods will eventually come.

What you and I define as god is personal and in many cases different. The LaVeyan Satanism defines it differently than other forms of Satanism.

To elaborate, self-empowerment by itself means you put FAITH in yourself. When you put faith in something it is often blind. Such as the Abrahamic notion of GOD.

I have faith in myself. I am my own god. I hope it makes more sense.

Interdasting.

I would take those who think something that is a tad nutty, than those who remain willfully ignorant any day.

You can change a belief, but people who remain ignorant by their own accord, tend to stay that way.

God cannot be taken literally here, humans have created gods in countless images, forms and manifestations. God's of the ancient Egyptians and Greeks are gone, Abrahamic gods are still around and other gods will eventually come.

What you and I define as god is personal and in many cases different. The LaVeyan Satanism defines it differently than other forms of Satanism.

To elaborate, self-empowerment by itself means you put FAITH in yourself. When you put faith in something it is often blind. Such as the Abrahamic notion of GOD.

I have faith in myself. I am my own god. I hope it makes more sense.

What you're saying seems to imply that you cannot have faith in more than one entity. You think Christians can't empower and have faith in their abilities while also worshiping God?

None of what you've said explains why you need to be a satanists in order to empower yourself either. Is this something you can't do on your own?

Why do you have deities in your av if that's not a thing in satanism?

Do you know why they say this? The thing is, if you believe in satan then you have to believe God exists as well and satanism is just a way of shifting peoples worship from God to their own selves.

the satanist church are just athiest, its a gimmy move nothing else.

Satan/The Dark Lord is the agent of materialism. In Greek and Roman mythology, the god of the planet Saturn. Satanists, if they're doing it right, essentially worship what the ancients determined as the astrological influence of the planet Saturn; that which works against spirituality - hence why it is said that Satan's goal is to lure as many away from God as possible.

This can be seen in their symbolism. The goat features in their depiction of the their lord is a direct reference to Saturn, which in astrology is the planet that rules Capricorn.

With that said, materialism, power, and Earthliness aren't things that really entice me. But I must say, it would seem to me that Satanism is a way of life for many without them even needing to ascribe to the religion.

Satan was the first revolutionary, the first anarchist.

So I get where he is coming from, I don't think I can get behind him.

Because I know Jesus Christ and who he is.

Jesus told you Satan was evil?

IMO, Satan is the catch all that feeds human nature's need to rally against the "other". Humans are tribal, and whoever came up with the mechanism of "satan" was a genius manipulator. If there is nothing to rally against, there is no impetus to believe.

4CDLJTx.jpg

if this is heaven, give me hell.

#cringe

Haha heaven is Gayer than Castro street.

What you're saying seems to imply that you cannot have faith in more than one entity. You think Christians can't empower and have faith in their abilities while also worshiping God?

None of what you've said explains why you need to be a satanists in order to empower yourself either. Is this something you can't do on your own?

Why do you have deities in your av if that's not a thing in satanism?

do yourseelf a favor and visit thier FAQ...

they dont believe in imaginay daddy either from above or below.

Lol at religion with no concrete evidence. Faith based fools

I'm not too into to this stuff.

My perception is that Satanism is survival, power and materialistic based, is that correct?

Correct, basically the same tenant as Ayn Rand's "objectivism."

Heck if you were to call Ayn Rand the anti-christ, she'd likely have agreed with you.

Jesus told you Satan was evil?

IMO, Satan is the catch all that feeds human nature's need to rally against the "other". Humans are tribal, and whoever came up with the mechanism of "satan" was a genius manipulator. If there is nothing to rally against, there is no impetus to believe.
John 8 NIV
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

You mean stupidity, pipe dreams, self-deceit, psychic vampires, and drug use?

Those are their terms for things that are better than materialism, worship of the will, and amoral self-direction.

All you need to know about Satanism is that it places a human's will at the center of their ethical system.

And if it doesn't want to be associated with mythological figures, why call it "Satanism"?

Why not "materialism" or Nietzschean ethics?

It's bad cuz it's just another religion that wants your money.

Why would anyone be a Satanist when you could just worship Bacchus?

John 8 NIV
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Sounds like Hearsay...or maybe I'm just posing heresy? It's all so confusing Rip.

So if you worship Saturn, then you worship Chronos? As such you worship father time?

So time, materialism, power and survival. Sounds like pretty much your avarage Joe chasing minutes of happy existance.

Back