Why is WMMA so boring

Tennis. Curling. Figure skating. Gymnastics. WMMA.

Woman’s tennis is much slower pace and has much fewer sets, the men’s final is the big event. Curling? Does anyone watch that outside of Canada? Figure skating - because they are pretty. Gymnastics because the audience are 70% pedos. WMMA, really? Compared to the men’s sport it is terrible.

Do you have anything else?

That’s what I’m saying. Rose, Amanda, Sevchenko, Joanna always put out some good fights but the rest it’s awfully boring

Schev is pretty boring

Bethe brings the excitement

Don't worry, uNcLE j0e just said it's ok for dudes to beat up women and if you don't like it you're a white supremacist terrorist. WMMA about to get really exciting

image.jpg

I just want women to be sexy and subservient to me. Women fighting is not sexy.

If you people think the camps aren't juicing every female fighter with a few rare exceptions then you haven't been paying attention to any sport outside of MMA. MMA is not special. You have guys/girls that are juicing to win local club sports with zero money involved. You have some girls in the UFC with arms practically larger than their heads. People like to win. Shocking concept.

They are doing everything they can in there to perform just like the guys including cheating with whatever is in their means to do so.

Not going to argue that the athleticism among the female fighters isn't amazing. You have a ton of C- to C+ athletes then a much smaller number of B- to B athletes and a few B+ to A athletes that people here tend like.

If you want better athletes you need better pay across all combat sports as MMA will end up sucking up athletes from Boxing, Judo etc.

The pay sucks. Why do you think the UFC is building PI's everywhere? It's cheaper and easier to scout talent by spending a few million per building across the planet vs doubling the pay of all of the athletes.

Kayla Harrison made a good point. There are dozens of girls exactly like her just in Judo. The incentive is simply not there to get them into MMA gyms.

Poor WMMA performances is an incentive problem. All of the top female fighters are exceptions and not the norm.

I swear unless it’s a championship bout the women put out some real snoozers. I was so sleepy from watching them fight that Dan Hooker getting finished in spectacular fashion didn’t wake me, I was out before Conor and Dustin fought.

thanks for the good nights rest though WMMA

I thought I read mma not wmma. Lol. Umm women generally don’t hit hard. Technique really isn’t there. They aren’t physically strong enough to use wrestling or many bjj submissions. Basically they are women.

A WMMA fight was the first fight to get a TKO finish last night, 2 in fact, Rodriguez got a performance bonus... Some are shit, some are great, just like when Dudes do it.
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE

Too few and far apart. There was a thread about the percentage of finishes in all divisions. And wmma was like 8%. Mens mma was like 50%

No shit the men have like 6 heavier divisions.

Nunes has 13, Cyborg 13, GDR 5, Bullet 6, Holm 8 ..the smaller dudes like Cejudo has 8, Might Mouse 8, Dom Cruz 7, TJ 8.... It's all relative.

I think WMMA suffers even more than mens from the UFC's lack of investment in talent, they really do not focus much at all on going after people from other sports which was a big part of how mens MMA devolped in the late 90's and 00's.

Couldn’t agree less. A bad fight is a bad fight has nothing to do with sex. I find the same percentage of fights bad for both men and women. There have been a ton of super high octane entertaining women’s fights.

Back