Why is WMMA so boring

Skirm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I swear unless it’s a championship bout the women put out some real snoozers. I was so sleepy from watching them fight that Dan Hooker getting finished in spectacular fashion didn’t wake me, I was out before Conor and Dustin fought.

thanks for the good nights rest though WMMA

they arent as skilled because theyre behind in the evolution of the sport and dont have the power or speed to finish fights

theyre playing catch up

the skilled women are some of the most exciting fighters alive, but most are just bad in terms of skill with no finishing ability.

they arent as skilled because theyre behind in the evolution of the sport and dont have the power or speed to finish fights

theyre playing catch up

the skilled women are some of the most exciting fighters alive, but most are just bad in terms of skill with no finishing ability.
That’s what I’m saying. Rose, Amanda, Sevchenko, Joanna always put out some good fights but the rest it’s awfully boring

I swear unless it’s a championship bout the women put out some real snoozers. I was so sleepy from watching them fight that Dan Hooker getting finished in spectacular fashion didn’t wake me, I was out before Conor and Dustin fought.

thanks for the good nights rest though WMMA
same. i fell asleep during the wmma fight and woke up right before the main event.

Pillow fisted fighters who weigh 110lb, near zero testosterone and technique?

No idea tbh
Rodriguez double KO of Ribas disagrees, sadly most of WMMA does, unless its actual elite fighters or at least the ones that like to bang, they dont below in a big PPV main card.

well the Ribas/Rodriguez fight wasn't boring and neither was McMann/Pena really (probably too much grappling in that for the likes of you though), so I can only assume you're a casual who tuned in just to see the Conman main event and only caught the last couple of fights

This applies to all athletics. Women are not typically as exciting to watch compete in sports because they are not as strong, fast, or aggressive as men are in most cases. There are definitely exceptions, but it's just the facts. Women's sports get very little interest, where as men's sports are universally worshipped and loved.

You will get people trying argue or call you a bad person for acknowledging it, but numbers don't lie. Look at the ratings and revenue for female vs male sports.

A WMMA fight was the first fight to get a TKO finish last night, 2 in fact, Rodriguez got a performance bonus... Some are shit, some are great, just like when Dudes do it.
giphy.gif

Back