Why is WMMA so boring

At this point too many weight classes, with girls that aren't very athletic, and lack any real weapons..

I mean what in the Fuck is Jessica Eye still doing in the UFC?

I call them smoke breaks myself but as other have pointed out there are just so many shitty no power or technique fighters in wmma.....like at least half the wmma fights I see my usual opinion is neither fighter would be in the ufc if they were a dude with that skill level

The Rodriguez vs Ribas fight was entertaining.

600cf0827e47190011cb8e98

This applies to all athletics. Women are not typically as exciting to watch compete in sports because they are not as strong, fast, or aggressive as men are in most cases. There are definitely exceptions, but it's just the facts. Women's sports get very little interest, where as men's sports are universally worshipped and loved.

You will get people trying argue or call you a bad person for acknowledging it, but numbers don't lie. Look at the ratings and revenue for female vs male sports.

I've stated many times here that even women don't watch women's sports, and they have every incentive to do so.

It's the same reason why companies who go woke lose large sums of money. The people they're catering to don't actually buy or give a damn about their product.

Its very low level and amateurish. Haven't enjoyed over 90% of WMMA fights. There are odd exceptions, but for the most part they go to decisions and look like they are on loop every fight, dejavu feeling.

It's not even being low level and amateurish that's the problem. The problem is, those fights get treated the same as actual PPV and UFC worthy men's fights. That's condescending, patronizing, and insulting to our intelligence but if we say so then *we're* the ones who are called condescending and patronizing.

The cream of the crop are great to watch. The rest suck.

A WMMA fight was the first fight to get a TKO finish last night, 2 in fact, Rodriguez got a performance bonus... Some are shit, some are great, just like when Dudes do it.
giphy.gif
the thing that makes wmma knockouts cool to watch is because you know you just got to see something extremely rare, like a shooting star or something. not cause it was a good knockout...

They don't have the athleticism, their striking mechanics suck because of this. They throw everything in slow motion and with seemingly no weight behind them. when they punch or kick they look like those dagestani mma kids when they're starting to gas. Even CM Punk throws better strikes

It's pretty simple. Men's MMA = Tens of thousands of men all around the world who are competing for the chance to be an MMA fighter. Women's MMA = tens of women around the world competing for the chance to be an MMA fighter. There is a huge percentage of men who would love to be an MMA fighter, but not so much in women.

Men in MMA get a higher percentage of top notch athletes willing to undergo the training to be MMA fighters. More of the top level female athletes have different goals / sports that they pursue instead, so you don't have as many of the top notch athletes to choose from.

We most certainly get some badass women who are tough as nails and go 100% into mma training, but it is a significantly smaller number than what men have. Go to any MMA class. You'll see most people there are men. Even if you had the same equal desire from both sexes at that class to be MMA fighters, you'll have a better talent pool of men because there are simply more of them and the chances are higher that at least one of them will be above the pack.

Men also have the advantage of more competition and training. It's why you often see family dynasties in high school sports when there are multiple siblings. Oldest brother gets into sport. Middle brother goes into the sport and has to compete against someone older and better, making him better as a senior than his brother. Little brother competes against older and middle brother, giving him the best chance to learn from them and be better than both.

Women tend to not place as much priority on sports as men do, giving them less of a chance to get that training.

They don't have the athleticism, their striking mechanics suck because of this. They throw everything in slow motion and with seemingly no weight behind them. when they punch or kick they look like those dagestani mma kids when they're starting to gas. Even CM Punk throws better strikes

The GF once brought up something I never even thought about when it comes to WMMA. She said in so many words that women have no striking power when they aren't genuinely angry. The more I thought about it, the more I think she's right. (BTW she's no lover of WMMA and I had no influence over this, she simply came to the same conclusion about it that I did after watching enough fights.)

I am a critic of plenty of WMMA, but the Penda vs McMan fight was pretty good & those other girls, though they had no business being on a main fkn card, resulted in a finish. One girl actually dropped the other pretty hard

well its like they are still in the dark ages of MMA, only a few have risen to the top and have multiple disciplines or train all around....Rhonda was biggest star but was basically royce gracie... you have nunes who is like a matt hughes/early gsp... ALSO there is no real like college wrestling and stuff for women and less competition in BJJ or Kickboxing/boxing

I swear unless it’s a championship bout the women put out some real snoozers. I was so sleepy from watching them fight that Dan Hooker getting finished in spectacular fashion didn’t wake me, I was out before Conor and Dustin fought.

thanks for the good nights rest though WMMA
Because there is absolutely nothing endearing or attractive about watching women fight, especially ugly, masculine, tattooed ones.

the thing that makes wmma knockouts cool to watch is because you know you just got to see something extremely rare, like a shooting star or something. not cause it was a good knockout...
Not really no,
Nunes has 13, Cyborg 13, GDR 5, Bullet 6, Holm 8 ..the smaller dudes like Cejudo has 8, Might Mouse 8, Dom Cruz 7, TJ 8.... It's all relative.

Real question is with the gender/gender identity executive order Biden passed a few days ago how long before woman who were born as men start dominating WMMA because it's their right to compete against woman if they identify as a woman or have had surgery to change their hormones/genitalia?

Won't be long before we get WMMA fighters who look like Yoel Romero and it won't be as lame.
Not soon enough. I can’t wait for the day, because it’s ultimately going to put us one step closer to sanity. It is literally going to take a biological male beating a biological female to death in a sporting event before some of these woke morons realize what it means to put their ridiculous, anti-science ideology into practice. It’s sad but true.

The talent disparity between the top 2 or 3 fighters and everybody else in the wmma divisions is so wide. Unlike in mens division the gap is not as huge. Between fighters.

Back