Why must we remember cringe s**t when we go to sleep

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wtf is wrong with our brain? I mean we are supposed to be resting but everytime we go to sleep it seems that bad memories come life, that time where we said some dumb stuff in a group of friends, that time we cripped out a cute girl... Just stop for fuk sakes little guy up there just let me rest.

I've never had this issue.

I'm never scared when I swim in the ocean. But when I get home and try to sleep, I'm all of the sudden scared of sharks.

Wtf is wrong with our brain? I mean we are supposed to be resting but everytime we go to sleep it seems that bad memories come life, that time where we said some dumb stuff in a group of friends, that time we cripped out a cute girl... Just stop for fuk sakes little guy up there just let me rest.

Don't listen to them, iss normal.

In the evening, probably the first moment you're not stimulating your brain is when you go to bed. You might want to spend more time relaxing your mind before you go to sleep.

I have the same bad habit.

Spend this time reflecting on how awesome you are my dude ...

Small edit ... Going to look at big tits because I can't lie ...

You know .... you ...

Sherbros are protecting the camp ... We will bench enemies to the moon for you...

We ... got you my dude ... it sucks but we really understand.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Reading before bed helps me a lot.

Wont have no cringe thoughts if you are shitfaced every evening!

I guess because you're weak.

You have experienced the universe in disagreement with the formation of your self, you have not brought the two back into alignment.

Your mind is like the last puzzle piece in a picture that is the universe. Currently it is not aligned and will not fit. That dissonance causes pain.

Your mind constantly revisits these events because they don't fit. You need to think about them more, reframe them, likely by realising what you did wrong.

I have the same issue. Too hard on myself, always stressing over things before bed. What did I do wrong? What is it I'm not doing, that I should be? How can I improve? It's difficult not to think on these things once I lay down.

Takes me a minimum of 40mins before I eventually fall off to sleep. But then the dreams begin and I awake multiple times per night (3-4 isn't uncommon), forced to then mull over each odd (and usually negative) dream experience.

It's a draining cycle. Very little true rest is ever had.

Not sure how to break it, other than working on my internal disposition during waking reality. Meditation tends to just make me irritable, but daily practice of gratefulness and adopting a positive mindset I think are potential avenues to alleviate the problem. I've been doing this lately and am hoping for good results.

I'm guilty of it too, it's a weak mindset though, once I remember that I pull it together.

That time wasted thinking about your past could be spent planning for the next day/future or simply living in the present. Tell the weak bitch part of your brain to shut the fuck up

You should not bother keep dig on shit you can't fix
Many times we stress ourselves about how to make people forget/forgive/move on from some shit we did, but in reality people do it already, usually we are the only ones obsessed over that episode

Just accept these memories as useful reminder to not repeat same errors again and move on

Back