Why my heart says Hill and my brain says Poatan

I feel like people are underrating Hill - getting disrespect because of the layoff, his stupid comments, and his body

He is a good fighter

Having said that, I think its going to be a tough road for him against Poatan.

Definitely a tough Jambalaya to climb!

He might have a fatbody at times, and spew lots of idiotic stupid comments, but he DOES have Thunder in his Punches!

I think Poatan will be too slick and quick for Jambalal though

Team 6ixdog h8rdem eyez 4 Lyfe

Hill couldn't layup on DC, Even in a baseketballl game Alex from the forest will beat him.

Who did it better?

giphy.gif

sean-strickland-alex-pereira-alex-pereira.gif
I think if Alex ever faces walker we would see an even better death reaction from walker.

the lay off, the type of injury, we'll see if hill's movement is the exact same. all it takes for poatan is to land just one clean shot and hill is done. i think hill might have some initial success, but he'll eat one, his brain will turn into goo, and then he'll do the funny dance while eating some more.

I'm not sure which is harder to wrap my brain around.

Hill winning this fight or being able to comprehend what you just wrote....

I've put him on ignore. His posts are ridiculous.

I have a feeling this fight will go like the Jiri fight...

Hill gets hit by some calf kicks from range, starts rushing Poatan and has some initial success... then outta nowhere Alex lands a massive counter left hook.

If Hill can eat it like in his past fights, Poatan might be in trouble. But thats a big IF. Pereira has some underrated counter ability, he stays composed in the pocket and looks for the perfect shot

Alex has a solid chin at 205. people for some reason dont understand that
Knocked out once in his last drastic weight cut in a career of 60+ fights and "he has no chin".
It's the most pervasive myth on sherdog.

I think if Alex ever faces walker we would see an even better death reaction from walker.
How hilarious that KO would be, we'd need to outsource the shoop threads to AI to keep up with demand.

My brain says pick Poatan because he’s the better polished striker and will probably destroy Hill if he can land the leg kicks. Also Hill is very sloppy with his punching and leaves his head out in the open for the taking.

For some reason though, my heart is telling me Hill will KO Alex. I think it’s because the guy is so reckless and yet has a great chin, he can afford to throw sloppy punches in close range whereas Alex doesn’t have the best chin.

Not saying Hill is some crazy KO artist with insane power like some of these sherdoggers in here, but I think he’s very effective because of his chin durability. He took some crazy shot from Santos and Glover and acted like nothing happened.

Definitely not how you’d teach someone to fight, but hey it works for now lol

They are both very big guys

i keep seeing an exchange where they’re both throwing in the middle of the cage and Hill gets there first

If not for the Achilles and him clearly rushing his return I'd be obnoxiously confident Hill was going to win. That Achilles man. Why is Hill doing this?

You know the UFC favors you when they pressure the best fighter in the division to fight you off a torn achilles. If Alex wins you know damm well Hill ain't getting no rematch either. This is one of those things where overconfidence leads you to taking chances you should not be taking.

Maybe Hill should also wear an ancient warrior costume at weigh ins.

Probably because you don't feel confident in Alex's defense. I also don't.

He's a two weight champion in the UFC and in Glory and yet, everytime someone comes swinging at him I feel like it's just a matter of time until he goes to sleep. He's very slow, I don't know.

Hopefully he'll KO Hill though.

Back