Why people criticize Ngannou

He won the belt just three months ago. He wants to fight in sept, that's 6 months. What's the big deal? the dumbasses who criticized him can't do a simple math? it's not Ngannou's fault that half of sherdoggers only have a HS degree. Why not criticize Dana who's definitely the one to blame for making an interim out of nowhere?

The only argument I can see is he was chasing money for the Jones fight, asked for heaps to fight Lewis and was chasing a big increase in pay.

Worth mentioning is Francis took no damage against Stipe and could have fought straight away. I am guessing that is part of the whole situation.

The only argument I can see is he was chasing money for the Jones fight, asked for heaps to fight Lewis and was chasing a big increase in pay.

Worth mentioning is Francis took no damage against Stipe and could have fought straight away. I am guessing that is part of the whole situation.
I wouldn't have a problem with him doing any of that if he didn't criticize Stipe for holding up the division.

I wouldn't have a problem with him doing any of that if he didn't criticize Stipe for holding up the division.

Stipe was doing his final tour before heading off into the sunset. The fight against Francis was pointless at the time as we had already seen them fight. Francis won the fight in spectacular fashion. I wish he hadn't taken that fight to be honest. Everyone will talk down about him forever, when in reality he had the better win of the two. I want to see D1 wrestler Lewis for the laughs. Francis is still a turtle of his back once he gasses. he won't be easy to get down there at all though and that power always has him in the fight.

Stipe was doing his final tour before heading off into the sunset. The fight against Francis was pointless at the time as we had already seen them fight. Francis won the fight in spectacular fashion. I wish he hadn't taken that fight to be honest. Everyone will talk down about him forever, when in reality he had the better win of the two. I want to see D1 wrestler Lewis for the laughs. Francis is still a turtle of his back once he gasses. he won't be easy to get down there at all though and that power always has him in the fight.
I feel bad. Stipe takes a fight that he didn't need to but still get the reputation for avoiding competition by only fighting DC. It's crazy.

I feel bad. Stipe takes a fight that he didn't need to but still get the reputation for avoiding competition by only fighting DC. It's crazy.

DC was the second best LHW and HW in the UFC. DC has a better legacy than Jones overall because he fought at HW. If he had beat Jones and Stipe he would have a claim as the GOAT. No shame in going 2-1 in that trilogy. Francis will have that sort of legacy with Derrick Lewis at best if they ever make it to the second fight or Stipe if they fight again. I can't understand the interim but they must have needed a big title fight for that card.

DC was the second best LHW and HW in the UFC. DC has a better legacy than Jones overall because he fought at HW. If he had beat Jones and Stipe he would have a claim as the GOAT. No shame in going 2-1 in that trilogy. Francis will have that sort of legacy with Derrick Lewis at best if they ever make it to the second fight or Stipe if they fight again. I can't understand the interim but they must have needed a big title fight for that card.
Yeah. Speaking of Lewis, DC beat him.

Nope and I bet you it doesn't have a precedent because there is also no precedent where the newly-crowned champ demanded to fight an opponent who made it clear he is not willing to fight for another year and not for any less than 15 million.
Times are changing. More fighters are getting the balls to speak out about the shitty fighter pay.

Times are changing. More fighters are getting the balls to speak out about the shitty fighter pay.
Then why bring up precedent if you are just going to say times are changing?

Last edited:
There has to be something else to this story. Champs take off 5-6 months all the time and don’t get stripped. This is just an unfortunate situation.
I think the UFC really wanted Derrick Lewis to fight in Houston against SOMEONE. Now....given that Lewis is next up for the title-shot, Lewis v Ngannou in Houston would have been perfect and I'd imagine they offered that to Ngannou a month or two ago which is plenty of time to have a full camp.
So they made Lewis vs Gane in Houston instead and to make Ngannou and his team know who's boss, Dana made it an interim belt. I think negotiations between UFC and Ngannou's management have clearly been tense and difficult and so they're simply saying "Don't think you've got the Gold Key to the crapper". If I was Francis, now the Champ, and UFC say that they want you to defend in Houston against Lewis, then to hell with your extended vacation, say YES and arrange your fight camp around that.

Ngannou biggest worry is money stop complaining 4 years ago he was running miles to fetch a bucket of water now he moaning about fighter pay

Yeah but this thread is not even really about that. I’m clarifying why some people are criticizing Ngannou even though all the past champions defended their belt every six months.
Fair enough. Im not willing to criticize him yet. There's stuff goin on we dont know. Him wanting to defend in september seems OK to me.

He won the belt just three months ago. He wants to fight in sept, that's 6 months. What's the big deal? the dumbasses who criticized him can't do a simple math? it's not Ngannou's fault that half of sherdoggers only have a HS degree. Why not criticize Dana who's definitely the one to blame for making an interim out of nowhere?
Hey, why do you have to attack us who only have high school degrees just because TS can't do math???

What type of shit is this???

I am still baffled that some people on this site don’t understand why Ngannou is being criticized. Let me clear this once and for all.

If you are someone who had been following MMA media since last year, you would know that Ngannou was doing media tours before and after Stipe’s third fight with DC, expressing his frustration that Stipe was holding up the division. He was doing it when he knew for certain that he would be fighting for the title next. My guess is he wanted to get Stipe to fight as early as he could so that the damages sustained would still be in effect. Anyways, skip to this year, Ngannou wins the belt quite spectacularly and the narrative around the media is that we now have a champion who will defend his belt against anyone at anytime. Why? Because Ngannou was criticizing Stipe who was defending his title as frequently as any other former champions before him. Ngannou placed himself to be judged at another standard. This is why people are calling him out. Also, I would wait until some more details come out. Ngannou and his team are quite media-savy. I would not be surprised if they are quibbling. Making an interim title fight implies, Ngannou did just enough to put UFC executives under the impression that he’s refusing to fight.

And its already the SECOND time THIS YEAR he's turned down a fight.

Report: Francis Ngannou turned down Derrick Lewis rematch — but still no closer to Jon Jones fightBy Jesse Holland on April 5, 2021 11:52 am

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/4/5/2...match-but-still-no-closer-jon-jones-fight-mma

Hey, why do you have to attack us who only have high school degrees just because TS can't do math???

What type of shit is this???
What does math have to do with what I said? Maybe you need to improve on your reading comprehension if you don't want people looking over you for your lack of post-secondary education.

Fair enough. Im not willing to criticize him yet. There's stuff goin on we dont know. Him wanting to defend in september seems OK to me.
It would have been fine with me too. I mean every past champions were defending it rougly every six months. Problem is like I said in my original post that he went on media tours to criticize Stipe's inactivity.

It would have been fine with me too. I mean every past champions were defending it rougly every six months. Problem is like I said in my original post that he went on media tours to criticize Stipe's inactivity.

If we find out why he pushed it out, then I'll form an opinion. Could have been a simple undisclosed injury that he didn't trust to not get out there. Could be money concerns. Could be not wanting to. I think each of these would add a different bit of name when comparing him against his criticism of Stipe

If we find out why he pushed it out, then I'll form an opinion. Could have been a simple undisclosed injury that he didn't trust to not get out there. Could be money concerns. Could be not wanting to. I think each of these would add a different bit of name when comparing him against his criticism of Stipe
Fair enough.

Back