Why so many 1st/2nd generation immigrant American fighters who rep another country's flag?

Because who gives a shit.

I dont understand americans. I really dont and Im not saying to piss people off.

For example: People talk about Kelvin being mexican race (like that exists) then complain for repping a mexican flag?
Or that idiot in the Bisping podcast saying Diaz bros are not white, they are latinos or some shit like that. Latin people cant be white?

I agree! They should all come out to this...

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.

How many people from Boston are very proud Irish? New York , Italian ? A Whole lot!! Nothing wrong with knowing where you come from and knowing history. Doesn't mean you'd want to live there but it is a person's roots..

Especially if you are a first or second generation American. Your parents may speak another language , speak of the old Country, the good and bad and why they're came to America. You'd be taught to live and respect where you came from. However the more generations in America that history fades. I don't see a problem with it whatsoever.

As someone also said... this also helps build a bigger fan base. Countries that don't have many fighters or top fighters will root for someone that's their own descent..

It's nothing new. Marcus Davis " the Irish Hand grenade" was very Irish based back in the day. Luigi Floravanti "the Italian Tank" or the biggest name that always walked out with the two flags ,Mexican and American showing he's American and has Mexican Heritage. Think the more MMA grows the more you will see this happen.

More we see pro fighters from other countries move to America from places like Brazil, the UK, Russia and Mexico to at first train then stay. Become American citizens and have families, if any of their offspring grow up and decide to fight, for sure they will represent both countries. Why wouldn't they? Right from the start they can increase their fan base, get more people interested in them will certainly equal more cash..

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.

Well first generation why are you mad at that? Someitmes they rep both, to be expected.

It's when 5th or 6th gen try to rep a foreign flag that it looks corny and pretentious.

The conor effect

You say no, yet the facts say otherwise. The US is home to more foreign born people than any other country in the world, and has been for quite some time

Maybe if you're a Mexican escaping being possible murdered by the Medellin cartel. It's a big downgrade from Australia.

So then why are they repping their third world countries if the USA is better?

Also, why didn't they go to a better country?

A. Why do people from the slums like the Diaz bros rep places like Stockton even though it's a complete shithole? Because it's their home.

B. I'm sure many wish they had...I assume they didn't know about Canada.

Last I heard it was free country where you were allowed to celebrate your heritage? I mean douchebags like you are still allowed to wave your confederate flags around like a bunch of inbreds right? And the South were traitorous bastards who tried to destroy the union.
Exactly. Knuckle-dragging inbred whites wave the racist, traitorous flag of a secessionist cause when anywhere else, that would land them in prison. Then they wonder why people of color should enjoy the freedom to wave non-racist, non-traitorous flags. Nothing says America like hypocritical, arrogant, racist POS whites and their small handful of wannabe white henchmen trying to rob others of their freedom.

Edit: In conclusion, TS, Usman can wave whatever flag he wants and you can suck his dick.

Hmmm maybe he should go back just like all these illegal mexicans

A. Why do people from the slums like the Diaz bros rep places like Stockton even though it's a complete shithole? Because it's their home.

B. I'm sure many wish they had...I assume they didn't know about Canada.

So why did they leave their home if they like it so much?

Maybe they didn't want to go to Canada because of their bigoted immigration laws.

So why did they leave their home if they like it so much?

Maybe they didn't want to go to Canada because of their bigoted immigration laws.
It doesn't matter why they left home or don't go elsewhere. What matters is that they are within their rights and you can gargle their nuts if you don't like it.

They got nothing to fear now that Trump isn't gonna build a wall.

Even americans hate the USA.
And rightly so.

Because America is a country of immigrants full of mutts. Nothing wrong with feeling proud of your origins despite being American. Most other countries are just homogenous, which can be boring

Mark my words....soon the American flag will be a symbol of HATE!

Anyone who is repping the American Flag will labeled a racist....its already happening!

its-cool-im-taking-it-back.jpg

It doesn't matter why they left home or don't go elsewhere. What matters is that they are within their rights and you can gargle their nuts if you don't like it.

No one is saying they don't have the right to rep their home country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back