Why the hell is The Wkend headlining the halftime show?

One of the greatest performances Ive ever seen.

The choir on the Call out My Name intro, the damn strings on Earned it, the House of Balloons section, Blinding Lights to end it all. Just special.

Magnificent.

Then I check what some of yall thought of it, and ofcourse, its Sherdog after all.

Yall suck ass.

Honestly, I was just more shocked The Weeknd was a singular person, I thought it was a band lmao.

One of the greatest performances Ive ever seen.

The choir on the Call out My Name intro, the damn strings on Earned it, the House of Balloons section, Blinding Lights to end it all. Just special.

Magnificent.

Then I check what some of yall thought of it, and ofcourse, its Sherdog after all.

Yall suck ass.
We ain't all bad.

I predict that "the weekend" will sing a James bond theme for movie.

Great performance with real instruments and not a single stank-ho twerking.

Some of you need to rewatch the other halftime shows you claim were better........excluding Michael Jackson and prince.

I don’t watch sports , but after reading this thread I looked The Weeknd up. His music is fucking horrible. Besides pre teen girls who the fuck listens to this shit

Some of you need to rewatch the other halftime shows you claim were better........excluding Michael Jackson and prince.
Prince's was something special.

I love a live performance, where the performer is actually singing instead of lip synching. Mixing wasnt great for The Weeknd's but it could've been as iconic as Prince's if it wasnt for that.

Prince's was something special.

I love a live performance, where the performer is actually singing instead of lip synching. Mixing wasnt great for The Weeknd's but it could've been as iconic as Prince's if it wasnt for that.
For crying out loud, even the weather was adding to Prince's performance... There was no human amount of mixing that could have brought this dude's performance up to that level.

Full disclosure, I did not like this halftime show and I'm not familiar with the music.

His vocals were too low but other than that, quality show.

I don’t watch sports , but after reading this thread I looked The Weeknd up. His music is fucking horrible. Besides pre teen girls who the fuck listens to this shit
I'm 45 and a consumate rock/metaller. His music is awesome, you have a broom up your ass if you don't agree that he's catchy as all hell. Blinding Lights is a brilliant track.

He did a good job overall. The start was a bit rough with a lot of treble and his vocals getting drowned out. His running through the mirror maze schtick was fairly seizure-inducing.

However, he did rock it and honestly put on a good performance for the crowd / audience.

He did a good job overall. The start was a bit rough with a lot of treble and his vocals getting drowned out. His running through the mirror maze schtick was fairly seizure-inducing.

However, he did rock it and honestly put on a good performance for the crowd / audience.
I know the bandages is an ode to plastic Hollywood but I love it when they don't make it political. I'm good with bending the knee and BLM stuff in stadiums, just don't fuck with my Super Bowl.

I'm 43 and recognize that pop culture is not targeted at me anymore. I know from my 13 year old daughter this guy is hugely popular with kids at school and in high school/younger adults.

My daughter says he has millions and millions of followers on social media. She showed me his tik tok and he has like 3m followers there and some of his posts get several million views. So, he is pretty huge, just the metrics on who is famous and who isn't doesn't work like it used to when we were kids.

You don't have to be on TV or even the radio to be hugely famous these days.

I h
I'm 45 and a consumate rock/metaller. His music is awesome, you have a broom up your ass if you don't agree that he's catchy as all hell. Blinding Lights is a brilliant track.

I have a broom up my ass because I don’t like his music? Interesting...
I dig his 80s sound in some of his production, I don’t like his voice or singing. Just not my style.

Back