Why the ufc is lying with the height ?

Cause height is irrelevant, most likely they never measure height and just go by what the fighter says, do they also cut reach from time to time?

Idk if they just guess or if they ask the fighter because they definitely don't measure. Would it really be that hard to measure the fighters? Here's just a few examples of how fighters heights have changed...

Anderson Silva went from 5'11 to 6'2. Cerrone has been listed as 5'11, 6' and now is 6'1, Alvarez was 5'10 and now 5'8, RDA was 5'10 and now 5'8... Also when a fighter has a name the commentators aren't used to they pronounce it wrong for like a couple years.. Is it that hard to ask the fighter how their name is pronounced? Or google it. Francis Ngannou is a perfect example of that.
I have met Cerrone. Very cool dude, but he is shorter than 6 feet. I also remember when he fought Nate Diaz (who is a legit 6 feet) several years ago, and Diaz was an inch taller than Cowboy in their staredown, when Cowboy's height was inflated to 6 foot 1 (lol). Met Eddie Alvarez also, and no way he was 5 foot 9, more like 5 foot 7. You can also base that on his staredown with Michael Chandler in Bellator, and standing next to his friend Frankie Edgar (Edgar is legit 5 foot 6), that you can also see that Alvarez is more like 5 foot 7. UFC heights are inflated just like WWE. Most of the fighters I have met at Fan Expos and other signings, were 1-2 inches shorter than their listed heights- some of the fighters that were not their listed heights were Shogun Rua, Rashad Evans, Shane Carwin, Jon Fitch, Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Glover Texeira, Randy Couture, Cain Velasquez, Hector Lombard, Cowboy Cerrone, Alvarez, and even GSP (no way he was his inflated height of 5 foot 11).

I think Usman is more 5'11 tbh.

At one point Conor went from 5'9 to 5'11.
tBplPCI.jpg
It makes sense since in the top video he is very thin. So he's same weight but a little taller.

I feel like this is a thing in sports and Hollywood. They all add at least an inch in height. The general rule when watching boxing was to take off an inch in height.

I have met Cerrone. Very cool dude, but he is shorter than 6 feet. I also remember when he fought Nate Diaz (who is a legit 6 feet) several years ago, and Diaz was an inch taller than Cowboy in their staredown, when Cowboy's height was inflated to 6 foot 1 (lol). Met Eddie Alvarez also, and no way he was 5 foot 9, more like 5 foot 7. You can also base that on his staredown with Michael Chandler in Bellator, and standing next to his friend Frankie Edgar (Edgar is legit 5 foot 6), that you can also see that Alvarez is more like 5 foot 7. UFC heights are inflated just like WWE. Most of the fighters I have met at Fan Expos and other signings, were 1-2 inches shorter than their listed heights- some of the fighters that were not their listed heights were Shogun Rua, Rashad Evans, Shane Carwin, Jon Fitch, Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Glover Texeira, Randy Couture, Cain Velasquez, Hector Lombard, Cowboy Cerrone, Alvarez, and even GSP (no way he was his inflated height of 5 foot 11).
Maybe he is 6'1 with his cowboy hat on. Also I heard the same thing about Alvarez. Somebody I knew said they met him (this dude didn't even know who Alvarez was and was probably shocked if he heard he went on to become champ in the UFC). He said he was puny but super strong (apparently his friend got him to arm wrestle Eddie Alvarez)..

GSP is 5'9, 5'8 at the shortest but I'm most certain he's 5'9. I met GSP years ago and he was about 2 inches shorter than myself (I'm 5'11). So 5'11 isn't super inflated for him.

Other legit sports like the NBA are also kind of inaccurate with reporting heights.

I read an article recently about a white family in Minnesota who were recognized by Guinness as the world's tallest family. A mom, dad, two daughters and a son where the shortest is 6'3" and the tallest is 7'3". To be verified all 5 of them had to be measured, both lying down and standing, multiple times a day for several days.

Human height does fluctuate somewhat over the course of the day due to gravity, compression of the spine etc.

NBA's been doing it for a lot longer
And NFL. And boxing.

Fact is, UFC doesn’t care enough to lie about this. Or to bother “correcting” it.

TS knows this and we got trolled, right?

If im not mistaken the corners supply this information and apparently the UFC is too lazy to confirm during fight week ... with a simple tape measure ...

Knowing the UFC, they haven’t paid for anyone to be measured, at all.

They probably attach a questionnaire to the contract and let the fighters/managers fill it out.

Look, from my experience as a pro fighter and cornering several, several pro fights back in the day you would fill out a new form every time you went in front of the commission at an even you were participating in.

Like basically as you were going through your pre-fight physicals you fill out a form that has to be filled out by you. This is where you pencil in your “fighting style” and see wonky shit like people with different styles of fighting (Roy Nelson using Kung-fu). Name, height, weight, nickname, city from, city fighting out of, etc…This is all the info the ring announcer will go off of too.

This can change every time you fill out a new form, from event to event.

Why does every sport including the NBA lie about height?

John Starks was the Carwin of the NBA, listed only two inches less than the guy next to him.

image-464.jpg
Somehow both MJ and Charles Barkley are both listed 6'6 buy standing next to each other MJ is clearly taller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back