Whyte vs Povetkin Aug.22 DAZN

Lets hope theyve both gotten better at cheating so we can actually see it.

He can 1000% beat Whyte. I don't know how but I think he can and I have a feeling he will.

Wait, so if Pov pulls the upset, does he schedueled to fight Fury intead?
Though probably gonna test for something out of nowhere like last time.

Wait, so if Pov pulls the upset, does he schedueled to fight Fury intead?
Though probably gonna test for something out of nowhere like last time.
Not likely. Pov does have $ enough, most likely he continue just cos managers etc wish to earn something with him cos he still does have high places in different rankings.
/ All these TOP 10-25 guys ofc last stuff they can lost is power, not that much difference even 35 y.o vs 45 y.o at all. Ofc there are other parameters that yeah, changes with age considerably faster. /

I though Povetkin didn’t look to be in top condition for the Hunter fight, and could have won it pretty clearly if he had better cardio. Whyte has been pretty hefty too as of late, it’s actually a good “pick um” kind of fight.

I though Povetkin didn’t look to be in top condition for the Hunter fight, and could have won it pretty clearly if he had better cardio. Whyte has been pretty hefty too as of late, it’s actually a good “pick um” kind of fight.
I wonder why they look so physically different recently.

Whyte has parted ways with his trainer of the past four years Mark Tibbs.

Reactions: 0-1
Whyte being his own manager has really made some questionable moves this one could be the one that does him in unless he’s already got a solid thing going right now in Portugal. I think a lot of the current U.K trainers are really limited and stick to a basic approach and don’t really progress a fighter when they reach a certain level not including McCracken and Simms , Hatton isn’t a bad shout either who have great methods of progressing guys .I’ve seen the likes of a Frank Bruno correcting DDD”s punching in one session and Nigel Benn doing far better practices then Tibbs did with Whyte but not sure this is the right time to go fishing for a new one .

Maybe he went to Portugal because they opened training facilities faster and has more access and stayed there? I don’t know but he better show up for Povetkin or he’s going to lose if he’s anything below 90% of his capabilities.

Last edited:
All i have seen from whyte is him training since the lock down, i don't think iv'e even seen him ticking over and working out as consistently as this ever. The mark tibbs thing really threw me off tho, i did not see that coming i thought he was great for whyte , he's done a great job taming him and having him fight much more like a professional.

He's not the most technically skilled or the most athletic but he might actually be the most improved heavyweight over the last couple of years, and he has some of the best body punches in the division. he's not afraid of any smoke either, taking on povetkin when hes the mandatory challenger is crazy. i am not sure he has what it takes to become a champion but this guy deserves his shot at it at least.

All i have seen from whyte is him training since the lock down, i don't think iv'e even seen him ticking over and working out as consistently as this ever. The mark tibbs thing really threw me off tho, i did not see that coming i thought he was great for whyte , he's done a great job taming him and having him fight much more like a professional.

He's not the most technically skilled or the most athletic but he might actually be the most improved heavyweight over the last couple of years, and he has some of the best body punches in the division. he's not afraid of any smoke either, taking on povetkin when hes the mandatory challenger is crazy. i am not sure he has what it takes to become a champion but this guy deserves his shot at it at least.
If Whyte is true to his word it is because Tibbs 'has a young family' and Whyte 'wants to remain training out of Portugal.'

Just read 11-0 cruiserweight Richard Riakporhe, who is close to Whyte, has also left Tibbs.

Perhaps Riakporhe is training out of Portugal with Whyte?

Lol. Her promoter Lou Dibella was on DAZN, Ak & Barak, this week and he broke this situation down pretty well. He said that Hearn wanted Serrano to fight for less money and in Eddie's compound in the UK.

DiBella also noted that Serrano had no sparring because of the covid situation in NYC.

In short: Hearn is cheap, provincial, and short sighted. Serrano knows her worth and won't be selling cheap.

I understand he’s training in an entirely different country but I think this is a bad move and a real shame. Wonder who Whyte will move to work with next.

According to Dillian Whyte's now former trainer, Mark Tibbs, he was informed by Whyte's legal team of his dismissal. There seems to be two sides to this one. As there so often is.

Lol. Her promoter Lou Dibella was on DAZN, Ak & Barak, this week and he broke this situation down pretty well. He said that Hearn wanted Serrano to fight for less money and in Eddie's compound in the UK.

DiBella also noted that Serrano had no sparring because of the covid situation in NYC.

In short: Hearn is cheap, provincial, and short sighted. Serrano knows her worth and won't be selling cheap.
Taylor was in N.Y the entire time of these complaints Serrano is seen training at a private gym at some point so stating she couldn’t train is laughably pathetic ,I didn’t see Taylor making these claims even in the same state ?

What Dibella doesn’t realize still as lies and misleading always catch up to him as everything was debunked and it was Taylor taking the pay cut not Serrano who is contractually obligated to that fight even getting advanced pay to train for for THAT fight she bailed on where Hearn isn’t even her promoter so it’s actually cheap Lou .

Dibella also also played a pivotal role on team Wilder helping him avoid AJ from the beginning with social media missions to further pave his Barclays center way in which Dibella has strong ties to ,up until he actually saw a 100 million offer that he set up for Wilder when it was offered then got fired bc of it ...? Lmao

Last edited:
Taylor was in N.Y the entire time of these complaints Serrano is seen training at a private gym at some point so stating she couldn’t train is laughably pathetic ,I didn’t see Taylor making these claims even in the same state ?

What Dibella doesn’t realize still as lies and misleading always catch up to him as everything was debunked and it was Taylor taking the pay cut not Serrano who is contractually obligated to that fight even getting advanced pay to train for for THAT fight she bailed on where Hearn isn’t even her promoter so it’s actually cheap Lou .

Dibella also also played a pivotal role on team Wilder helping him avoid AJ from the beginning with social media missions to further pave his Barclays center way in which Dibella has strong ties to ,up until he actually saw a 100 million offer that he set up for Wilder when it was offered then got fired bc of it ...? Lmao

I don't doubt that Taylor was taking the bigger pay cut relatively speaking as she's the much bigger draw at the gate... probably the biggest draw in womens combat sports, much less boxing. But again... why would Serrano sign on to make far less money, fight in Katie's backyard, literally Katies promoters backyard, and with no sparring much less proper sparring.//

Training is not the same as Sparring and i'm doubtful that she got any meaningful sparring in during this time frame. So video or GTFO.

Back