Wilder/Povetkin going to purse bid!!!

I respect his dedication to the cause.

But seriously, people are only going to take the side they want in these discussions. Neither wants to cross the pond for the other, rightfully.

Who is the Champ and who is the Challenger?

So why the hell should the Champ fight have to go defend his Crown in someone else house. Thats just Wrong, like when the Champ walking out second sometimes.The Champ makes the Rules.

Well, win the purse bid, prepare to visit "Mother Russia", or forfeit the title.

Honestly, Wilder would be insane to just forfeit the belt.

Why should the champ have to travel? Cause that's the way the system works. If you want to keep your belt, you have to fight your mandatory, or be stripped. If you can't agree to terms, the sequence which follows is proscribed by the sanctioning body.

Well, win the purse bid, prepare to visit "Mother Russia", or forfeit the title.

Honestly, Wilder would be insane to just forfeit the belt.

Why should the champ have to travel? Cause that's the way the system works. If you want to keep your belt, you have to fight your mandatory, or be stripped. If you can't agree to terms, the sequence which follows is proscribed by the sanctioning body.

Only reason for them not to come to terms is cause the Challagers doesnt know their place and pulls some Bullshit to shortcut their way to a title while disrespecting the Champ. Thats some shameful shit.

And I understand how the Real World works but I dont agree with it and never will. I said the same thing when the rumor about Fury/Wlad 2 might being delayed cause Wlad wanted the fight in his house. I gave Wlad shit but then read more to the story and saw that Fury agreed to the Loc. of the rematch BEFORE the first fight. So he has to honor his word.

I don't care where this fight takes place....as long as it actually takes place. I don't see what the big deal is going over there to defend. When you are the champ you should be ready to defend that title no matter what. Fury is willing to travel, Martin is actually traveling....so what makes Beyonce Wilder so damn special that he can't do the same?? If it does go to Russia, he needs to man up and go over there and fight!!!!!! Of course thats easier said then done considering Im pretty sure Haymon controls his every move.

Povetkin is the challenger.... he should go to where Wilder wants the fight.

I say let the fight on a plane like Ali/Frazier were going to do right above of the ocean.

In b4 everyone has an issue with Wilder not going to Russia but not with Povetkin not coming to the States.
Whoever loses the pursebid and refuses to travel is ducking. I don't care if it's Povetkin or Wilder. I'm tired of boxers avoiding eachother for whatever reason.

Whoever loses the pursebid and refuses to travel is ducking. I don't care if it's Povetkin or Wilder. I'm tired of boxers avoiding eachother for whatever reason.
If I were a champ, I would never travel to a guys backyard to fight. I'd rather give up my title than lose a bogus decision.

Let's not pretend we didn't know that's how boxing works, if you can't come to an agreement then you go to purse bids. That's the system.

It's no different because it involves one of our favourite fighters, if he loses the purse bid then the onus is on him.

If I were a champ, I would never travel to a guys backyard to fight. I'd rather give up my title than lose a bogus decision.
Yeah but isn't he the knockout king??? It shouldn't have to go to decision if he is that good.

Yeah but isn't he the knockout king??? It shouldn't have to go to decision if he is that good.
He was, but in recent fights, he's relied on a more passive defensive style. Mark Breland has done good work with Wilder IMO.

Shouldn't the champ be confident enough in his skills? He doesn't believe he could knock the challenger out? Or dominate for that matter. Well, what do I know. Maybe the champ wants to go for a split decision.

I see what you mean but still... Just fight damn it.

Shouldn't the champ be confident enough in his skills? He doesn't believe he could knock the challenger out? Or dominate for that matter. Well, what do I know. Maybe the champ wants to go for a split decision.

I see what you mean but still... Just fight damn it.
Same can be said for the challenger cant it....?

Of course. But he will likely win the purse bid.
Meh.

I dont think contenders should be allowed to call shots but thats just me. Boxing politics are awful.

Meh.

I dont think contenders should be allowed to call shots but thats just me. Boxing politics are awful.
I see your standpoint in that the champ should have some advantages but when things are the way they are, turning down a fight is always just that in the end and it never looks good.

I see your standpoint in that the champ should have some advantages but when things are the way they are, turning down a fight is always just that in the end and it never looks good.
I dont disagree. There are arguments to be made from every angle in this debate. Which is why I dont really get upset over shit when the fights dont get made.

It's prizefighting gents. You go where the prize is the largest.

Back